• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I-Follow - you get angry!

I have received a long winded reply from ifollow to my request for a refund this morning. In a nutshell they are basically telling me it is not their fault I couldn't see Saturday's match it must be something at my end and therefore they will not be refunding my £10. My computer is the same one with the same settings on which I have recently successfully streamed matches and I was the only one connected to broadband in my house but apparently it is my problem not theirs. I will not be paying to try to watch any further matches.
I posted this earlier, but you'll like:
"Thank you for contacting iFollow with your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better."
Like the word 'uncommon'? Thought not.
They also sent a long rigmarole of what I should do next: a degree in IT would be useful to follow the instructions.

For the record, I switched to Safari on Saturday and it worked OK.

For me it was a game of two halves. In the first half we kept getting a spinning wheel followed by a period of fast forward where iFollow caught up to live. The 2nd half was the best it's been so far this season.

Usually we put up with a very jerky screen where the action freezes momentarily and then catches up. This would happen about 2-3 times a minute. This time, during the 2nd half, that didn't happen at all.

I posted this earlier, but you'll like:

Like the word 'uncommon'? Thought not.
They also sent a long rigmarole of what I should do next: a degree in IT would be useful to follow the instructions.

For the record, I switched to Safari on Saturday and it worked OK.
Yes, pretty much what I received. I have replied to their email telling them there is something fundamentally wrong with their system that they are not acknowledging. There have been various reports on here of people experiencing exactly what I did on Saturday for matches that I have had no problem in streaming so it is clearly a random issue they are failing to understand.

For me it was a game of two halves. In the first half we kept getting a spinning wheel followed by a period of fast forward where iFollow caught up to live. The 2nd half was the best it's been so far this season.

Usually we put up with a very jerky screen where the action freezes momentarily and then catches up. This would happen about 2-3 times a minute. This time, during the 2nd half, that didn't happen at all.
In their email to me they stated the following:

Account activity indicates that during the first half your connection strength had been lower than our minimum required to stream live HD content.

This may have been the same problem you were having. But they go on to say:

If your connection speed fluctuates (many factors can contribute to this such as network congestion during peak times or other devices sharing your connection) our service detects this and adjusts the quality of the video stream to ensure you can continue viewing content without interruption.

Well, if they did adjust it it didn't work for me and I just wonder how good their detection process is.

This is complete bollocks on their part. How come my connection is always fine when watching other live streaming sport and only mysteriously fails when it's iFollow?

Seriously, I remember having problems with the NFL streaming service a few years ago when they switched to a new partner to do the streaming. It was so bad for the first month of the season they refunded in full that part of the subscription to every single subscriber.

They're just desperately trying to push the blame onto anyone they can. Well, **** 'em. It's the last time they get a penny from me.

Got my refund for the Colchester game, where I was charged even though I input the free code from the Portsmouth match. Surprisingly quick, but I suppose an admin error is easier to rectify than an access to the match issue.

Account activity indicates that during the first half your connection strength had been lower than our minimum required to stream live HD content.

If your connection speed fluctuates (many factors can contribute to this such as network congestion during peak times or other devices sharing your connection) our service detects this and adjusts the quality of the video stream to ensure you can continue viewing content without interruption.

Well, if they did adjust it it didn't work for me and I just wonder how good their detection process is.

I doubt that's the case for me. I checked my internet speed at the time (standard practice for me). It was plenty fast enough.

I wouldn't trust iFollow to detect the optimal quality correctly, you'd be a lot better off changing it yourself (I did this for the Oldham match where everyone had issues and managed to get it working on my laptop).

I've not heard of anyone else getting this email so they might be telling the truth about your connection issues, try running this:

Look at the number under "download speed", if the number is lower than 10 your internet isn't going to be fast enough to stream in HD and you should reduce the quality, as long as it's over 2 you should be able to stream in a lower quality. Also if the light blue line is a zigzag rather than a smooth line (like mine in the picture) that probably means your internet keeps cutting out every couple of seconds, which could result in the wheel of doom popping up every so often.
speed.png

I wouldn't trust iFollow to detect the optimal quality correctly, you'd be a lot better off changing it yourself (I did this for the Oldham match where everyone had issues and managed to get it working on my laptop).

I've not heard of anyone else getting this email so they might be telling the truth about your connection issues, try running this:

Look at the number under "download speed", if the number is lower than 10 your internet isn't going to be fast enough to stream in HD and you should reduce the quality, as long as it's over 2 you should be able to stream in a lower quality. Also if the light blue line is a zigzag rather than a smooth line (like mine in the picture) that probably means your internet keeps cutting out every couple of seconds, which could result in the wheel of doom popping up every so often.
View attachment 13398
Thanks for this. I've just run the test and, yes, my download speed is only just over 5 (I live out in the sticks). The light blue line is perfectly smooth so I'm not experiencing any cut outs. Perhaps it's just luck that I have been able to stream other matches without a problem then? Also, from time to time I buy Now TV passes to live stream golf and have never had a problem with that. I guess I will have to lower the quality.

View attachment 13398
Very useful bit of advise to put on here...it made me do mine! 13 - 20.31 - 5.62
Which seems adequate for streaming Ifollow. However, ive had two refunds so far and even on a good day its a bit pants on and off during the game. Im very sure its not our end thats the problem. They are just a bit of cheap outfit. Its like drinking 'amigos' from Aldi instead of Depsorados!!! Not quite the same power! hahaha
I dont think its worth £10 if honest, not when compared to games Ive streamed from other countries in the past or obviously when comparing to Sky, but we are a captive audience without a visual choice. £5 is just about more realistic for what is provided.
Ive had to start drinking earlier before the game to calm the stress of streaming.....small price to pay

Who do I contact if I haven’t received my ifollow code for tomorrow’s game?

I wouldn’t want to miss our first back to back league wins for over two years.

Who do I contact if I haven’t received my ifollow code for tomorrow’s game?

I wouldn’t want to miss our first back to back league wins for over two years.
If you're a season ticket holder, it's not being done with codes now. You should be able to access it just by logging in to iFollow.

If it's like the last home game, it will:

1. Tell you that you have access.
2. Appear to work okay until the game is just about to start.
3. Kick you out and tell you that "access has not been granted".
4. Not work again for at least 10 minutes.

That seems to be the normal procedure for iFollow.

If you're a season ticket holder, it's not being done with codes now. You should be able to access it just by logging in to iFollow.

If it's like the last home game, it will:

1. Tell you that you have access.
2. Appear to work okay until the game is just about to start.
3. Kick you out and tell you that "access has not been granted".
4. Not work again for at least 10 minutes.

That seems to be the normal procedure for iFollow.

Thanks. I’ll give it a try.

It is frustrating. Very. There are numerous reasons why it might not be their fault- slow broadband, intermittent drop outs/insufficient buffering, software conflicts, cookies/other things needing clearing out the memory (hence closing all apps and rebooting) it goes on. And they know 9/10 times if its one of these no-one will believe them and blame them anyway.

I am in an area in the middle of nowhere with very very slow broadband (so much so we are all getting fibre next year funded by grants). It's about 1Mbs..

Yet it works for me pretty well. I have had the spinning wheel of death a couple of times but on both occasions it was fixed by closing all other tabs/apps and rebooting. Probably in the process showing it was a conflict on my PC and not down to iFollow. That said I am sure in some cases they are at fault- being sure is just difficult.

By and large this country has a third world communications system. For example this afternoon parliament had to be suspended because they couldn't get the connection between 10 Downing Street and Parliament to work for Boris' latest announcement.

It is frustrating. Very. There are numerous reasons why it might not be their fault- slow broadband, intermittent drop outs/insufficient buffering, software conflicts, cookies/other things needing clearing out the memory (hence closing all apps and rebooting) it goes on. And they know 9/10 times if its one of these no-one will believe them and blame them anyway.

I am in an area in the middle of nowhere with very very slow broadband (so much so we are all getting fibre next year funded by grants). It's about 1Mbs..

Yet it works for me pretty well. I have had the spinning wheel of death a couple of times but on both occasions it was fixed by closing all other tabs/apps and rebooting. Probably in the process showing it was a conflict on my PC and not down to iFollow. That said I am sure in some cases they are at fault- being sure is just difficult.

By and large this country has a third world communications system. For example this afternoon parliament had to be suspended because they couldn't get the connection between 10 Downing Street and Parliament to work for Boris' latest announcement.
Very good points, but if your remarks were in response to my post, I may have misled you as I was actually asking about Saturday's cancelled game.

That's my situation. Presumably it will roll on to next week, or for the rearranged fixture.

With this mob it’s no different to paying ya tenner and the game is on. You can’t watch it because of the spinning wheel of fortune and then you send 10 emails to get the payment back but it falls on deaf ears....good luck getting it back, odds about the same as Southend beating Walsall......oh hang on a minute ??

Back