• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alf Tupper

I don't normally post, but I thought you chaps might be interested.

I attended a charity bash in London last night at which RM happened to be sitting on the table next to mine, so I took the opportunity to have a quick chat with him and this, in brief, is what he said...

He is confident that work will now start on the new stadium this autumn.
He confirmed that Bilel is no longer with the Club and that he is now back in France. Ron was also surprised to see Bilel run out onto the pitch at Wembley, as Phil Brown had stated on the Friday before the final that Bilel would not be in the starting eleven.
Regards the change in management, Ron felt that Sturrock had become "tired", which I translate to read "run out of ideas" and that Phil Brown had been on his radar for some time. No other candidates were interviewed.

Yes, I could have quizzed him further on all manner of club related issues, but it was neither the time nor the place, I just took the chance of a snatched conversation when the opportunity arose.

Apologies if this is old news.

Thanks for that Alf.....but I doubt PB will be impressed that Ron is already questioning him in public.

Thanks for this Alf, always interesting to hear what's going on at L'Oreal Labs.

This sentence made me chuckle though. If I had a Bentley for every year in the last decade that Ron hasn't said this, I'd still be walking everywhere...

Great Avatar and user name...

image001.jpg

Alf inspecting the "Temporary" Changing Rooms at Fossetts Farm...

Thanks for that Alf.....but I doubt PB will be impressed that Ron is already questioning him in public.

It wasn't in public until Alf posted it!

And it wasn't questioning him either. All Alf reported was that he was surprised by the team selection based on what was said before. While he's responsible for picking the team, Phil Brown is perfectly entitled to change his mind prior to kick-off.

I don't normally post, but I thought you chaps might be interested.

I attended a charity bash in London last night at which RM happened to be sitting on the table next to mine, so I took the opportunity to have a quick chat with him and this, in brief, is what he said...

He confirmed that Bilel is no longer with the Club and that he is now back in France. Ron was also surprised to see Bilel run out onto the pitch at Wembley, as Phil Brown had stated on the Friday before the final that Bilel would not be in the starting eleven.
Regards the change in management, Ron felt that Sturrock had become "tired", which I translate to read "run out of ideas" and that Phil Brown had been on his radar for some time. No other candidates were interviewed.

Yes, I could have quizzed him further on all manner of club related issues, but it was neither the time nor the place, I just took the chance of a snatched conversation when the opportunity arose.

Apologies if this is old news.

I'm guessing that's a bit of 'Ron Spin' so as he appears to be in line with the majority of the fans ( well the ones that post on SZ )

Anyone thought that PB might not have wanted to win at Wembley as it was Sturrock's reign that got us there, hence why he picked Mr. Unpredictable Avec Scissor in an unfamiliar position?

Couple of weeks back I was in Rossi ice cream parlour and RM was on the next table,The conversation was interesting and informative.

Me,THis ice cream is the best
Ron,Too true love
Me,I invested in the medium tub
Ron,99 all the way
Me,My car was nicked the other month
Ron,Get a Bentley,I got to meet a man about his dog,See you later

Ron strolled off leaving me to admire his hair:sad:

Couple of weeks back I was in Rossi ice cream parlour and RM was on the next table,The conversation was interesting and informative.

Ron,Too true love
Ron,99 all the way

Love? There something you got to tell us? :whistling:

Ron,Too true love
Ron,99 all the way

You sure he said 99 ?

I am sure Ron would have already spoken to Phil Brown about this though. I don't envisage that being an issue!

Back