• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I hate Geordies

DTS

The Business
I spent half my day yesterday on the phone to poxy Northern Rock trying to get clients mortgages approved and I must say I have never spoken to a thicker collection of no-marks in my life.

Today I have the delight in my lunch hour of calling Orange to try and get myself a new tarrif and I can honestly say they were even thicker than the Northern Rock lot.

Both call centres seemed to make up words such a "haway" and "nara" which I am not familiar with. They also have no concept that I am a fact in a customer.I have now been put on hold by Nothern Rock again without being told I would be - Fantastic !!!

Just wonder if anyone else hated Geordies more than me.

wow.gif

I think it's hard to beat the Scots for overall dislikeability but I would agree that the "cheeky, chirpy Geordie" image is a load of balls. I spend a lot of time working in the North-East (although admittedly not in Newcastle itself) and you'd be hard pressed to find a group of more miserable people. They look like they're stuck in the 1950's and anyone with more than 3 GCSEs is known locally as "The Professor." You can only fully understand their collective backwardness when you look at the grim collection of towns they have to live in........on the plus side it always makes me glad to be a southerner as I travel home as quickly as possible.....:)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Bloke In The Pram Shop @ Aug. 17 2006,15:46)]I think it's hard to beat the Scots for overall dislikeability
Sapre of thought for us poor exiles then
sad.gif

Agreed, Scots can be worse than Geordies, but it's a close run thing!!!

Brummies. Definitely f%&king Brummies.

They've got an accent that God must have designed when he was feeling particularly vindictive. How can you take anyone seriously when they speak like that?

Their football teams are sh!t and followed by the kind of kunckle-dragging, hate-filled c%&ts that are hated even by their own mothers. The Birmingham - Villa match was the only derby that had to be played at 11am everytime because of the consitently vile behaviour of their happy-slapping, burberry-clad c*ntbase, sorry fanbase.

Everything about the city is grey, apart from the bits stained with blood. The entire centre of this country stinks of failure and broken dreams and if I never have to go back there it'll be too soon.

That said, I'd definitely slip Cat Deeley one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Aug. 17 2006,15:57)]That said, I'd definitely slip Cat Deeley one.
And even Jasper Carrot's daughter, Lucy Davis would get it! She's technically a Brummie!

I know exactly what you mean though!
One of my ex's was lets just say emotionally scarred by the fact that her previous b/f had left her for another woman who hailed from Walsall. I can still hear her cries of "f**king Brummie Sl*g" everytime his name came up. Suffice to say, partly due to these "issues" we didn't last long!

Taffs for Me... Can't Stand the Welsh...

Theres only one other country that i know of that actually charges you entry to their godforsaken country... And thats Turkey (Dont get me started on them). Stuck somewhere back in 1940's values, you feel you're being watched the moment you cross over the border. They hate the English with a passion, And i can't see how the feeling can't be mutual.

On the first trip to Cardiff with Southend, we stayed in a Cottage some way out in the sticks. That weekend for those that remember, England beat Wales in the Rugby and that most definitely left a bitter taste in the mouths of the Taffs... So much so they refused to serve us in the local pub. Nice of them... Obviously, tourism is a concept lost on the baron minds of the Beastiality driven locals...

Fast forward a year, And we're in the LDV final again against Wrexham. This time, i have to walk past a Gang of Welsh Chav's baiting the Southend fans after the loss with "Awwww, You Alright?" in that Dodgy, Mickey Mouse Slurred Twang of an Accent. Yeah, I'll be alright once im over that F*cking Bridge...

And that language of theirs... My god it's like being in Swaziland. So many syllables in that tongue-filled monstrosity you may aswell make it up as you go along. How "DD" creates a "F" sound is beyond me.

Stupid Welsh
mad.gif

Scousers for me, they're the scum of the earth in my book. Never met one I liked. Thieving bunch of scallies who think they're funny and who have a chip on both shoulders. Place should be flattened (by the Israeli airforce preferably).....!  
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Aug. 17 2006,15:35)]I spent half my day yesterday on the phone to poxy Northern Rock trying to get clients mortgages approved and I must say I have never spoken to a thicker collection of no-marks in my life.

Today I have the delight in my lunch hour of calling Orange to try and get myself a new tarrif and I can honestly say they were even thicker than the Northern Rock lot.

Both call centres seemed to make up words such a "haway" and "nara" which I am not familiar with. They also have no concept that I am a fact in a customer.I have now been put on hold by Nothern Rock again without being told I would be - Fantastic !!!

Just wonder if anyone else hated Geordies more than me.

wow.gif
Better than phoning indian call centres though, who haven't got a clue about things!

Think Newcastle though, think Donna Air, Jill Halfpenny, Jayne Middlemiss, to name but a few! And Wor Jackie!!!

So not all bad comes out of Geordie Land!

Wicked night out up there though, they have this bar near the quayside alot like Coyote Ugly, the barmaids wear next to nothing with cowboy hats and cowboy boots!! Superb!!
biggrin.gif

And they get up on the bar and dance!!

It's a bit like Jumpin Jaks too, i forget the name of it as was too beered up!

Hope we get Newcastle away in the FA cup third round, rock on!

All the Geordies i met up there were sound as a pound!

Howay the lads!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Aug. 17 2006,16:14)]And even Jasper Carrot's daughter, Lucy Davis would get it!  She's technically a Brummie!
The new style slimmed down Lucy Davis, well hello!!!

Lucy%20Davis-4.jpg

Lucy%20Davis-6.jpg

davis-lucy-photo-lucy-davis-6234149.jpg

I actually like Geordies they have a very similar attitude and humour, well all the ones i've met anyway.
I'm afraid its scoucers I can't stand. Just that accent gets my back up.

I think you're lucky to get a geordie call centre.
All my telephone calls get redirected to Mumbai and we can't understand anything either of us says. It got so bad I have actually cancelled certain accounts where the call centres are in India.... together of course with my strongly reasoned emails.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Aug. 18 2006,07:33)]I actually like Geordies they have a very similar attitude and humour, well all the ones i've met anyway.
I'm afraid its scoucers I can't stand. Just that accent gets my back up.

I think you're lucky to get a geordie call centre.
All my telephone calls get redirected to Mumbai and we can't understand anything either of us says. It got so bad I have actually cancelled certain accounts where the call centres are in India.... together of course with my strongly reasoned emails.
My wife complained long and hard about a certian global banks call centre and we got £125 compensation.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Aug. 17 2006,21:12)]Wicked night out up there though, they have this bar near the quayside alot like Coyote Ugly, the barmaids wear next to nothing with cowboy hats and cowboy boots!!  Superb!!  
biggrin.gif

You are talking about the infamous Buffalo Joes.
They've opened one in Glasgow now but I am yet to sample it's "delights"!!!
suspect.gif

Scousers for me, can't stand the gobshytes. It's that bloody accent of theirs. I mean, for crying out loud. Talking with phlem circulating at the back of your throat is just too much. Example, that scouse bird in BB. Turned it on one night (bugger all else on, honest) and thought hmmm, not bad. Then the bint opened her mouth and iv'e never gone for the remote so fast before in my life.

Yup, scousers every time.:angry:

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Aug. 18 2006,08:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Aug. 17 2006,21:12)]Wicked night out up there though, they have this bar near the quayside alot like Coyote Ugly, the barmaids wear next to nothing with cowboy hats and cowboy boots!!  Superb!!  
biggrin.gif

suspect.gif
Thats it!!!

It's all come flooding back now
biggrin.gif

In retrospect, I shoud have been quicker to point out that the other half is a Geordie and is actually quite nice. Though she is fantastically incomprehensible after a few drinks admittedly....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Aug. 18 2006,09:47)]In retrospect, I shoud have been quicker to point out that the other half is a Geordie and is actually quite nice. Though she is fantastically incomprehensible after a few drinks admittedly....
My wife is from Dublin, and has the same problem after a few drinks as well...
biggrin.gif

Got to love them though...
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Aug. 18 2006,09:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Aug. 18 2006,08:54)]
[b said:
biggrin.gif

suspect.gif
Thats it!!!

It's all come flooding back now  
biggrin.gif
This the place ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Aug. 17 2006,15:57)]Brummies. Definitely f%&king Brummies.

They've got an accent that God must have designed when he was feeling particularly vindictive. How can you take anyone seriously when they speak like that?

Their football teams are sh!t and followed by the kind of kunckle-dragging, hate-filled c%&ts that are hated even by their own mothers. The Birmingham - Villa match was the only derby that had to be played at 11am everytime because of the consitently vile behaviour of their happy-slapping, burberry-clad c*ntbase, sorry fanbase.

Everything about the city is grey, apart from the bits stained with blood. The entire centre of this country stinks of failure and broken dreams and if I never have to go back there it'll be too soon.

That said, I'd definitely slip Cat Deeley one.
laugh.gif

You are so, so right... Birmingham, twinned with Mogadishu and Baghdad (or at least it ought to be, in terms of the extent of its appeal).

And whoever said Scots are bad... oi oiiii, not all of 'em. Well, not the wife and her family, at any rate.

That Shagster's a wrong'un, though...

laugh.gif

Back