• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I hate to be negative but  SING

Tilly hates yellow boots

TBV Drummer Supreme
I hate to be negative but its the most fustrating thing when ya sitting there team need some support, so i know lets try and get some stuff going, ( i stand up with my 5 freind and try and sing ) and what repose do we get, people looking behind them at us like were the scum of the earth for trying to get behind the team. Well im sorry and i hope one day you will see that your are no good just sitting on your hands, the team do not get any benifit out of it.

Angered
jcrcr

Being only young i can only afford south lower ( and i don't think it matters about age if you you support southend you support southend at the end of the day ) Surely not the whole of South lower can ignore us all season, or maybe just plain and simple they don't want to support the team when three not top of the league, well i suggest they don't come and give up there season tickets, OR GET BEHIND THE TEAM !!!!!!

Aww ha ha bless your little cotton socks!
laugh.gif

So, if people choose not to sing then they are not supporting their team, eh?! Hmmm, we've been through this one many, many times on this forum and I'm sure we're go through it again and again in the future. The fact is that some of these youngsters like jcjcr need to accept that not everyone wants to sing; it's been like that for years. When the club kicked us out of the North Bank a decade ago - the only true singing area in Roots Hall - the atmosphere was diluted across three sides of the ground. Unless the club allocates a section of the ground as a separate singing area then the atmosphere will remain diluted unless there is really something to sing about (beating Col Ewe, winning a Championship, etc.) This is the way it is and these youngsters need to acknowledge that before accusing other fans of not supporting the team, others who have been supporting their team in their own way longer that these young'uns have been on this earth ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Oct. 14 2006,07:55)]So, if people choose not to sing then they are not supporting their team, eh?! Hmmm, we've been through this one many, many times on this forum and I'm sure we're go through it again and again in the future. The fact is that some of these youngsters like jcjcr need to accept that not everyone wants to sing; it's been like that for years. When the club kicked us out of the North Bank a decade ago - the only true singing area in Roots Hall - the atmosphere was diluted across three sides of the ground. Unless the club allocates a section of the ground as a separate singing area then the atmosphere will remain diluted unless there is really something to sing about (beating Col Ewe, winning a Championship, etc.) This is the way it is and these youngsters need to acknowledge that before accusing other fans of not supporting the team, others who have been supporting their team in their own way longer that these young'uns have been on this earth ...
They may be young, but they do have a point - and its not their fault that they were born later than a lot of us and dont have the benefit of knowing what it was like in the North Bank!

It has been proven that when everyone sings, Roots Hall can rock and the players have themselves said how much it helps them.

In order to keep the boys in this division, they are going to need all the help we can give them, so if people want to try getting people going and trying to start songs, i think it's well needed in ALL parts of the ground!

I understand jcrcr's feelings because when I was his age sitting in the South Lower the last time we were in this division I couldn't understand why no one else was singing. Think I even wrote into WTSSG moaning about it.

Now I'm one of the many who don't sing very much. I don't think theres anything wrong with that though. I'm vocal during the game and rarely negative, I just don't like singing at home matches.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimptank @ Oct. 14 2006,09:02)]They may be young, but they do have a point - and its not their fault that they were born later than a lot of us and dont have the benefit of knowing what it was like in the North Bank!
Yes but MY point is that they have to understand that there exists a fair proportion of regularly-attending fans of the football club who DO NOT sing but that doesn't make them any less of a fan than those who DO sing, which is what was being implied in the original post. And, let's not get too sentimental about the North Bank; it was indeed the singing area but there were a fair proportion of people on the flanks who didn't join in with the fun and games - it wasn't a stand packed to the rafters with singers, no matter how fond we are of its memories.

its really bad the support we have had recently, then "new" fans who are not used to seeing us lose like the rest of us dont know what to do, so they do nothing

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jcrcr @ Oct. 13 2006,22:38)]I hate to be negative but its the most fustrating thing when ya sitting there team need some support, so i know lets try and get some stuff going, ( i stand up with my 5 freind and try and sing ) and what repose do we get, people looking behind them at us like were the scum of the earth for trying to get behind the team. Well im sorry and i hope one day you will see that your are no good just sitting on your hands, the team do not get any benifit out of it.

Angered
jcrcr
Last few times I have been I have been in the exact same position, few mates trying to sing with a few drunk fans helping. But then everyone else just looks at you thinking, what are these fools doing.

Although when I left my house last night I could hear the fans very clearly which isnt normal. Sounded like a good atmosphere on the radio too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Oct. 14 2006,14:17)]its really bad the support we have had recently, then "new" fans who are not used to seeing us lose like the rest of us dont know what to do, so they do nothing
But, in all honesty, where does it say in football lore that you MUST sing at football matches? Believe it or not, there are a lot of people who don't WANT to sing! It's not that they don't know what to do - a ridiculous statement to make - but that they don't feel comfortable with singing. I didn't when I was a regular at Roots Hall once I'd been shoved out of the North Bank; I just didn't feel the same sitting down. But on away days? Well, you couldn't get me to stop ...

Yes i understand people don't have to sing, but i also understand that if you do not sing but then moan when anything goes wrong then football fans are in the wrong ( the people that sing i feel can moan when things go bad ) but the people that do not sing, then only moan when were losing, its almost like they wait for us to lose so they moan and then like to be heard, why not turn negativity into positive and get behind the team.

I may be young but i do remember the days in league 2 ect. so i am not just one of the 'new' fans either.

lets face it, the only place you can get behind the team by singing is in the north-west corner. anywhere else you either sit there like everyone else or get get behind the team in a extremely small group getting bogged at by all the other fans.

its been like this ever since i started attenting 6 years ago (avoiding being called a "new" fan)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpermatt @ Oct. 14 2006,18:17)]lets face it, the only place you can get behind the team by singing is in the north-west corner. anywhere else you either sit there like everyone else or get get behind the team in a extremely small group getting bogged at by all the other fans.

its been like this ever since i started attenting 6 years ago (avoiding being called a "new" fan)
Says matt that sits on his hands, and doesn't even wave back when everyone sings his name :P
matt sucks

lol i dont fancy standing up on my own making a pillock of myself in a usually very quiet family enclosure. i would probally get shouts of "sit down" aimed at me for obstructing the view of everyone behind me
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpermatt @ Oct. 14 2006,18:25)]lol i dont fancy standing up on my own making a pillock of myself in a usually very quiet family enclosure. i would probally get shouts of "sit down" aimed at me for obstructing the view of everyone behind me
biggrin.gif
I seem to be alright, but being back row i get away with it. But im good at the ' making a pillock out of myself bit
smile.gif

Back