• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Hogg

President
while many appear to have good reason to dislike and distrust him.
Until this week I had no reason to agree with much of the slagging of Ron. I tend to think that every single chairman (bar Frank Walton) was disliked.

HOWEVER...any chairman that can go out of his way to ****-up the biggest day out in the history of Southend United - deserves all the flack he gets.

To suggest that the manager he sacked will lead out and manage the club at Wembley - while the real manager is cast aside - is quite honestly the most clueless suggestion I have ever heard in all my years supporting Southend United and football in general!

I am now a convert. Ron, you appear to be totally caught up in your own ridiculous PR stunts!

I think slowly but surely the man is hanging himself. It is just a shame that us fans have no real power to remove the root cause of most of the problems this club finds itself in.

All we can do is support those on the pitch and indeed in the managers seat 110%

But I for one will show zero support and offer a zero vote in confidence of the man at the top. Not that it makes one iota of difference. But it makes me feel better.

I hope one day he will be ousted or walk away. But fear this is a long way away and also fear whether we will have a club left by this time.

while many appear to have good reason to dislike and distrust him.
Until this week I had no reason to agree with much of the slagging of Ron. I tend to think that every single chairman (bar Frank Walton) was disliked.

HOWEVER...any chairman that can go out of his way to ****-up the biggest day out in the history of Southend United - deserves all the flack he gets.

To suggest that the manager he sacked will lead out and manage the club at Wembley - while the real manager is cast aside - is quite honestly the most clueless suggestion I have ever heard in all my years supporting Southend United and football in general!

I am now a convert. Ron, you appear to be totally caught up in your own ridiculous PR stunts!

I take your point, but is it really ****ing up the day? We're all still having our day out, we're all still going to see SUFC play at Wembley, I was going to watch the game tbh, not who was sittiing in the dugout... You never know we might even win, I doubt it, but we might.

Small over dramatisation on your behalf perhaps?

Sturrock wanted out in the summer anyway, his house was up for sale, he missed out on promotion again yet people want him to lead the side out. I can't see where all this hero status has come from....he was looking to to55 us aside in the summer and no doubt raid our players.

No one manager, chairman, player or fan is bigger than our club, the new gaffer should lead out his team, end of. Ron, sort it out before it get's even more messier than it already is.

A note for Smiffy, SUFC will still be here long after you, me RM and all the rest of us have departed this life .

I'm sure and hope it will. But will it still be called Southend United FC?

Anyway, let's not get into this debate again, it's depressing!!! :facepalm:

Let the manager manage the team and the ex-manager take the applause from fans for getting us there.
Is it really so complicated?

Just getting downright embarrassing now. Winding up orders. Not paying staff. Two managers for one match (a Wembley Final, at that). How much more bad publicity can he conjure up for the club ?

Let the manager manage the team and the ex-manager take the applause from fans for getting us there.

Isn't Sturrock technically still our manager though as that OS statement just says that his contract, which runs out at the end of the season, won't be renewed.

In hindsight, no. With some forethought of the consequences, I'd probably also say, no. I'm no big fan of Ron, but I genuinely feel for himon this one. I think he's absolutely tried to do what he felt was the right thing. He wanted to appoint a new manager and, for me, the timing was probably about right. He's also wanted to recognise Paul's contribution to our club in steering us through the difficulties we had before - even if he's fallen short of the ultimate end-goal. What I find a shame is that his decision has seemingly caused a furore when it was actually driven by sentiment. I think his heart was in the right place - I just think he ****ed up in the detail. If he'd asked Sturrock, as many have suggested, to lead the team out (perhaps as a guest of honour), this whole thing would've been avoided.

I may be in the minority (something I really don't care about) but I actually like Ron more after this even if his good intentions have gone awry. I genuinely think he was trying to do the right thing.

In the news for all the wrong reasons. The amount of times I've read 'Southend United' followed by the word 'bizarre' or 'circus' is frightening. Can't say it's doing a lot for us in terms of being able to attract players. Seems like the last place you would want to come as a player!

In the news for all the wrong reasons. The amount of times I've read 'Southend United' followed by the word 'bizarre' or 'circus' is frightening. Can't say it's doing a lot for us in terms of being able to attract players. Seems like the last place you would want to come as a player!

You really think players would be put off by this? Seriously - don't go to Southend, they can't even pick their manager for the one-off game at Wembley? I'd like to think there are more important issues for players considering clubs. At the end of the day, this'll be last weeks chip-paper before you know it. Despite a bit of media interest in something a bit different, the only people I see going overboard are Southend United's own fans.

You know what, I reckon there'll be more of the general population being surprised by the fact that Southend are at Wembley rather than thinking 'what a circus'.

You really think players would be put off this? Seriously - don't go to Southend, they can't even pick their manager for the one-off game at Wembley? I'd like to think there are more important issues for players considering clubs. At the end of the day, this'll be last weeks chip-paper before you know it. Despite a bit of media interest in something a bit different, the only people I see going overboard are Southend United's own fans.

You know what, I reckon there'll be more of the general population being surprised by the fact that Southend are at Wembley rather than thinking 'what a circus'.

Top post! Cheer up you miserable lot. Were going to Wembley!

In hindsight, no. With some forethought of the consequences, I'd probably also say, no. I'm no big fan of Ron, but I genuinely feel for himon this one. I think he's absolutely tried to do what he felt was the right thing. He wanted to appoint a new manager and, for me, the timing was probably about right. He's also wanted to recognise Paul's contribution to our club in steering us through the difficulties we had before - even if he's fallen short of the ultimate end-goal. What I find a shame is that his decision has seemingly caused a furore when it was actually driven by sentiment. I think his heart was in the right place - I just think he ****ed up in the detail. If he'd asked Sturrock, as many have suggested, to lead the team out (perhaps as a guest of honour), this whole thing would've been avoided.

I may be in the minority (something I really don't care about) but I actually like Ron more after this even if his good intentions have gone awry. I genuinely think he was trying to do the right thing.

Rm: thinking to himself on Sunday Morning "How the hell am I going to get rid of PS and still look like I am a messiah to the fans. AH I have a idea which PS wont except which will sort this.

RM: Hi Paul ,sorry to say you are sacked but I would like you, as I am such a gentleman and principled person to lead out and manage the team at Wembley.

PS: Love to Ron thanks.

RM sometime later: Bollocks I never expected him to agree to it, now I had better get it in the press before he does so I still look wonderful.

RM even later: Can you believe it , I am now deep in it, Aha wait though, if I let my new manager say to the press he is not to happy about letting PS lead the team etc , maybe I can go back to PS and say sorry I can't let it happen but I tried my best and then the blame no longer lies at my feet.

RM: God I am such a clever conniving chap I could kiss myself...now where is my hair brush.

More Bollocks to continue this week.

Rm: thinking to himself on Sunday Morning "How the hell am I going to get rid of PS and still look like I am a messiah to the fans. AH I have a idea which PS wont except which will sort this.

RM: Hi Paul ,sorry to say you are sacked but I would like you, as I am such a gentleman and principled person to lead out and manage the team at Wembley.

PS: Love to Ron thanks.

RM sometime later: Bollocks I never expected him to agree to it, now I had better get it in the press before he does so I still look wonderful.

RM even later: Can you believe it , I am now deep in it, Aha wait though, if I let my new manager say to the press he is not to happy about letting PS lead the team etc , maybe I can go back to PS and say sorry I can't let it happen but I tried my best and then the blame no longer lies at my feet.

RM: God I am such a clever conniving chap I could kiss myself...now where is my hair brush.

More Bollocks to continue this week.

Am rolling up but reckon it is near the mark!

If you really think that Ron thought that Luggy wouldn't have thought leading the team out at Wembley was something to think about, then I really think that you think some really nasty thoughts about our esteemed chairman. What would have made anyone think Luggy wouldn't want to do it? Just don't buy that personally.

I don't post much but if it's of any consolation SBH I'm with you in this minority.

If you really think that Ron thought that Luggy wouldn't have thought leading the team out at Wembley was something to think about, then I really think that you think some really nasty thoughts about our esteemed chairman. What would have made anyone think Luggy wouldn't want to do it? Just don't buy that personally.

Errr because was f***ing well sacked! Most people do not jump up and down at the booby prize after being sacked.

It is like Bradd saying "hey Jennifer, I am dumping you for Angelina".."but I know you were looking forward to your birthday shag on April 7th and so I will allow you one last sesh... while my new girl, Angelina, watches".

1: Correct about RM.

2: es·teem(
ibreve.gif
-st
emacr.gif
m
prime.gif
)
tr.v. es·teemed, es·teem·ing, es·teems1. To regard with respect; prize

Hardly worthy of Ron even from you G

Status
Not open for further replies.