• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

applelover

Coach
After watching 355 minutes of live football without seeing a single goal I've finally seen someone put the ball in the net. Just a shame it was, at the Boleyn ground and even worse, scored by a hammer.

Incredible game tonight. Pity the toffees couldn't get over the line.

Wonderful night to be West Ham, heart attack stuff though, but got there in the end. As always, trains full of West Ham and I get off at Westcliff with plenty still on heading for Southend Central, East and beyond. I guess this is the core reason for anti West Ham sentiment on here? I can understand that, when I moved here 4 months ago I was quite apprehensive and didn't want to be disrespectful to locals but I've come across so many Hammers round here. I shouldn't be surprised though, Essex has always been a hotbed for West Ham and a huge catchment area for the club. The exodus of East London folk out into Essex is continuing so only natural I guess. On the other thread we are considered as a rival. That's certainly one way and not very logical given that we don't often come up against each other. We have Millwall up there with Spurs and Chelsea but that goes beyond fixtures - in my opinion we ain't rivals with Southend in a million years. When half time scores are read out at The Boleyn, Southend always gets mentioned and if winning then a few little cheers have been heard before.

Hopefully some of these Hammers fans now living around Southend will slowly come to appreciate their new hometown club and start to support them properly......... no reason why you can't support two teams, the Premiership isn't real football anyway....

My problem with some West Ham fans I have met is that they are arrogant and completely dismissive of Southend (my local club and the ONLY team I support). It's as though there is no life outside of the Premiership (despite their couple of seasons in the Championship in recent years?) Their start to this season has made it even worse.

Hate them. I'm not saying they shouldn't be proud to support their club and wear their colours with pride around the local area. It's when you get into discussion with them and they write you off as a lesser being because you support Southend.

You seem like a sound bloke though Iron Mike so you are obviously an exception :thumbsup:

As controversial as this may sound, I don't actually care for Col U. They don't have many fans so I've only ever met a handful in my time and they were okay. It's the fans that paints an impression of a football club for me, rival or not and if they're alright then I don't really care. Obviously, I take pleasure out of seeing Colchester struggle every season though, although I don't hate them.

Back