• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I know I shouldn't be

canada shrimper

Director
Peed off, but I am a little. I sent an email to the club saying I was coming over for the swindon game, not a long vacation, just 2 days to see the game saturday and szfc sunday then fly home monday. I asked if there was any chance of a couple of comps, seeing as myself and a friend were just coming over to see sufc. I was told that the club do not do comps but would be more than happy to sell me tickets. Now I know I do not spend anywhere near as much on the club as people that live in the uk.It just mistifies me why the club that I have pumped thousands of pounds into over the years could not run to paying for 2 tickets for a couple of guys that are flying half way round the world just to support them. Please do not ask me the name or names of the people I was dealing with as I will not give that info away. Do I have to buy tickets for szfc on sunday or can I get a comp for that.

Bloody disgrace i would say.I travel from jersey regularly (this time i have been here for 6 weeks) but the club wont do a thing for you unless there is publicity involved.
With thwe thousands of seats that are empty every week why not give you 2 tickets?

Peed off, but I am a little. I sent an email to the club saying I was coming over for the swindon game, not a long vacation, just 2 days to see the game saturday and szfc sunday then fly home monday. I asked if there was any chance of a couple of comps, seeing as myself and a friend were just coming over to see sufc. I was told that the club do not do comps but would be more than happy to sell me tickets. Now I know I do not spend anywhere near as much on the club as people that live in the uk.It just mistifies me why the club that I have pumped thousands of pounds into over the years could not run to paying for 2 tickets for a couple of guys that are flying half way round the world just to support them. Please do not ask me the name or names of the people I was dealing with as I will not give that info away. Do I have to buy tickets for szfc on sunday or can I get a comp for that.
if you know you shouldnt be [why are you] my mate comes from minnieapolic for blue matches always pays what makes you special !!!!

I hope they explained just how cheeky you are - I wouldn't ask Disneyland Paris for free tickets "because of the distance i travelled", and arguing that i dont spend as much there as the frogs would probably make my case worse!!!!

Last edited:
if you know you shouldnt be [why are you] my mate comes from minnieapolic for blue matches always pays what makes you special !!!!

Gotta side with my man carl here. Don't get me wrong, it's superb that you're making the trip, and I'm sure it's costing you a few bob. But none of it goes into the club if you're comped.

Having said that, the Habs comped me when I went to a game from England, and I wasn't complaining.

Last edited:
You do - your right to live on this planet and basic human rights. You have to earn and pay for everything else.

You do - your right to live on this planet and basic human rights. You have to earn and pay for everything else.

Thats is oh so true and I do see both sides of the coin, so I do see exactly where you are coming from, But every little helps.I will of course pay for my tickets and drink my face off and have a happy day, as long as we win and I get to catch up with some old mates i don't care about the $10.00 for a ticket ;)

Gotta side with my man carl here. Don't get me wrong, it's superb that you're making the trip, and I'm sure it's costing you a few bob. But none of it goes into the club if you're comped.

Having said that, the Habs comped me when I went to a game from England, and I wasn't complaining.

im not making the trip i live in southend ,still had a good trip 38 years ago think i t came from a capsule called strawberry fields not a bad bit of travel for a pound.

I'll be making a weekend trip over for the same game John.

if you want a ticket you have to pay it's quite simple really. If they gave a ticket to everyone who asked it would cost them a fortune. Also they know if you are a fan and you as travelling that far you will buy a ticket anyway

Last edited:
Ha Ha - you old hippy! Haven't had a spot of that for about 15 years - mad stuff.

wasnt a hippy used to wear made to measure tonic mohair suits ,ben sherman shirts,royal brogue shoes. no 1 hair. didnt like hippies ,hairies ,greasers,teddy boys,day trippers,away fans, did relent met and married a girl from the hairy scene top alex pub and tavern in the town.

wasnt a hippy used to wear made to measure tonic mohair suits ,ben sherman shirts,royal brogue shoes. no 1 hair. didnt like hippies ,hairies ,greasers,teddy boys,day trippers,away fans, did relent met and married a girl from the hairy scene top alex pub and tavern in the town.

My apologies mate - I understand that's quite an insult to an ace face. Should have stuck to the purple hearts fella.

Back