• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I know I'm going to be hated for this ...

I can live with League Two. We've been there before and we'll be there again. It's historically a very common place for Southend United to be.

The National League however is not, and that's where we're heading if we don't make the right appointment this week.

The first few handful of games in L2 is a shocker, as it dawns on you how rubbish the football is. The realisation of a whole season of hoofball is depressing. It does nothing for the club or fans to go down. I am a very glass half full person and even i thought no way would we beat Sunderland, back to L2 we go. But this club keeps on suprising me, good and bad, its never dull. All this talk of we are going down already, its absolute rubbish when you consider what weve got to do to stay up. But how the hell can we wait for over a MONTH for a new manager, its killing us each week. Sorry Waddock. We will be great again, peaks and troughs, i still say there is a good team in that squad and i cant wait for a new manager to sort the mess out.

I get where the original poster is coming from but the problem stems from the sense of obligation RM felt to Bond for winning that game and keeping us up. It's with hindsight I know, but if Ron had doubts-- and the delay in appointing KB would suggest he did-- then he should have acted upon these and appointed someone else.

But if we had not given it to Bond and started badly (not even as badly, just badly) everyone would have been saying he SHOULD have given it to Bond as he had deserved the chance for keeping us up last season. The players wanted it then - just look at the highlights of the Sunderland and Burton games, plus the reaction to Hyam's equaliser at Fleetwood. They were players who were up for the fight at that point.

Not sure what happened over the summer but to say it's all gone Pete Tong is an understatement.

Back