• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I know why results have been disappointing...

Shrimp in a Kilt

...and though it grieves me to say it, it is all my fault.

I have been getting over-confident, not to say cocky lately. I have assumed that the SuperShrimpers could keep on achieving even without my help, and so I have been lazy.

I haven't been wearing my "football" boxers (the black white and grey striped ones with footballs all over).

I haven't been wearing my "football" socks (the black ones with a football and the words 'Football - not life and death (but almost)' on them.

And the worst, most unforgiveable thing:

I haven't been wearing my "Rebus"  Pier Sports Blue and White home top.

I am truly sorry, and I will be properly attired as I sit in front of the PC today.

sad.gif

Now, as you read this, HAVE YOU TOO BEEN LAZY? Have you been improperly attired as the match kicks off? Is there something you need to do, or to have on the desk (a lucky Gherkin left in the cupboard for instance?) that you haven't been attending to?

mad.gif

YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU! Lets all pull together and make sure that we treat this game as seriously as the players do, and together victory can be ours!  

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 22 2005,11:27)]...and though it grieves me to say it, it is all my fault.

I have been getting over-confident, not to say cocky lately. I have assumed that the SuperShrimpers could keep on achieving even without my help, and so I have been lazy.

I haven't been wearing my "football" boxers (the black white and grey striped ones with footballs all over).

I haven't been wearing my "football" socks (the black ones with a football and the words 'Football - not life and death (but almost)' on them.

I am truly sorry, and I will be properly attired as I sit in front of the PC today.

sad.gif

Now, as you read this, HAVE YOU TOO BEEN LAZY? Have you been improperly attired as the match kicks off? Is there something you need to do, or to have on the desk (a lucky Gherkin left in the cupboard for instance?) that you haven't been attending to?

mad.gif

YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU! Lets all pull together and make sure that we treat this game as seriously as the players do, and together victory can be ours!  

cool.gif
I can't believe that you have let us down like that. It's Canvey for you from now on pal.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 22 2005,12:14)]I can't believe that you have let us down like that. It's Canvey for you from now on pal.

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif
Good Grief
down.gif

But I've confessed, I've pleaded guilty! Matt the Shrimp will tell you, for a first offence and genuine remorse a warning or a suspended sentence would be enough
wow.gif

The Pikeys? The Mud-rats? You have a cruel streak, death (or even a season watching indoor bowls) would surely be preferable.
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 22 2005,11:27)]...and though it grieves me to say it, it is all my fault.

sad.gif

mad.gif

cool.gif
For your sins SiaK, I suggest you stand in the corner until kickoff.

AND DON'T MOVE!
tounge.gif

hmm. Well, I've been ging to more games with Eastwood in and he still hasn't scored in front of me. Another line on the Eastwood not scoring tally for me.
sad.gif

Are you allowed to wear boxers in Scotland? What happened to the old "nothing under the kilt" rule?
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stid @ Jan. 22 2005,19:13)]Are you allowed to wear boxers in Scotland? What happened to the old "nothing under the kilt" rule?  
biggrin.gif
Sod that! It's minus a cricket score just now, I'm not leaving my nearest and dearest to freeze!
sad.gif

Now 'fes up... Who didn't wear their lucky socks, and where was the Gherkin when we needed it?

suspect.gif

Despite your discarded pants I can't help feeling that one reason for our recent slip is the fact that Eastwood is the only striker to have scored in the last seven games and he only in two. Whats more we seem to have rediscovered the early season feeling of huff puff and nothing. Whatever sparked the goals before needs to be ignited again.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Jan. 23 2005,11:18)]Despite your discarded pants I can't help feeling that one reason for our recent slip is the fact that Eastwood is the only striker to have scored in the last seven games and he only in two. Whats more we seem to have rediscovered the early season feeling of huff puff and nothing. Whatever sparked the goals before needs to be ignited again.
Exactly, and why is this? It is people neglecting the proper preparation, going into matches with the wrong mind-set. Now, where's that lucky gherkin?

Back