• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Richard_Cadette

The Realist
I dont hate to say it, in fact I am over the moon to say it - I was completely wrong!!

I have berated both the team and the management after the last two dismal performances, and quite rightly so, and I didnt think we stood a cat in hells chance today, but I have got to hand it to both Tilly and every single one of the guys who went out there today and got us possibly 3 of the most vital points yet this season!

I wasnt at the game, not through protest at the last two performances I should add, but for reasons out of my control and I am absolutely gutted that I missed it, but believe me, my new neighbours must be wondering what on earth has just moved in next door to them, as I was shouting, screaming and dancing round like an escapee from Broadmoor - I genuinely think this afternoon, and listening to Nik Alliker has taken a good couple of years off my life expectancy!!

A Fabulous result in itself, but to do it the way we did, in true 'Southend make it as difficult as possible style' was absolutely awesome and I salute each and every one of you!

I am starting to work out the key to our success though. I missed four games recently, Leicester, Ipswich, Burnley and Leeds whilst away in Hawaii getting married and we didnt lose any of them, I returned to action with a trip to Hull and then Friday's game against Col Ewe and we got soundly beaten and today I couldnt make it, and we win - To add to this, the last games I watched before I went away was Sheffield Wednesday away - and we lost that 3-2 and before that Palace at home where we lost 0-1 so in actual fact, I should have been berating myself and not the team at all... D'oh!! I am thinking that if I stay away for the last four games of the season we may still have an outside sniff of the playoffs!! :)

Also, just a word for Jamie Cureton - Honourary Shrimper for the day - Who can now begrudge him his hat trick on Friday!!

I dont hate to say it, in fact I am over the moon to say it - I was completely wrong!!

I have berated both the team and the management after the last two dismal performances, and quite rightly so, and I didnt think we stood a cat in hells chance today, but I have got to hand it to both Tilly and every single one of the guys who went out there today and got us possibly 3 of the most vital points yet this season!

I wasnt at the game, not through protest at the last two performances I should add, but for reasons out of my control and I am absolutely gutted that I missed it, but believe me, my new neighbours must be wondering what on earth has just moved in next door to them, as I was shouting, screaming and dancing round like an escapee from Broadmoor - I genuinely think this afternoon, and listening to Nik Alliker has taken a good couple of years off my life expectancy!!

A Fabulous result in itself, but to do it the way we did, in true 'Southend make it as difficult as possible style' was absolutely awesome and I salute each and every one of you!

I am starting to work out the key to our success though. I missed four games recently, Leicester, Ipswich, Burnley and Leeds whilst away in Hawaii getting married and we didnt lose any of them, I returned to action with a trip to Hull and then Friday's game against Col Ewe and we got soundly beaten and today I couldnt make it, and we win - To add to this, the last games I watched before I went away was Sheffield Wednesday away - and we lost that 3-2 and before that Palace at home where we lost 0-1 so in actual fact, I should have been berating myself and not the team at all... D'oh!! I am thinking that if I stay away for the last four games of the season we may still have an outside sniff of the playoffs!! :)

Also, just a word for Jamie Cureton - Honourary Shrimper for the day - Who can now begrudge him his hat trick on Friday!!

Please do ! Sounds like your presence is the mystery influence . As we said as we trapsed out of Hull - you've got to go to Preston as knowing us we'll go and win up there !

PS - was there any suspicion of handball in the Curo goal?

While we're on the 'I was wrong' thread, Three goals today, all from sources other than Eastwood and Gower and special mention to McCormack who appears to have bounced back spectacularly.

I'm struggling to think of a time when a Southend player has hit a shot that hard that has stayed on target. Fabulous technique to keep it down and thunderous power.

Well said, it is a shame that other people have not had the good grace to say the same.

IMO if we had been offered 3 points from Col Ewe and Preston before the Easter fixtures we would have taken them beforehand. Maybe not the way round we may have thought or hoped, but 3 points all the same.

I couldn't go yesterday, but the performance by all in the light of the woeful display against Colchester is a great credit to all. In all reality we will still need 3 wins from the last 4 games to be safe.

Well said, it is a shame that other people have not had the good grace to say the same.

IMO if we had been offered 3 points from Col Ewe and Preston before the Easter fixtures we would have taken them beforehand. Maybe not the way round we may have thought or hoped, but 3 points all the same.

I couldn't go yesterday, but the performance by all in the light of the woeful display against Colchester is a great credit to all. In all reality we will still need 3 wins from the last 4 games to be safe.

Not if Hull and Leeds keep losing! Both got some tough games.:)

Not if Hull and Leeds keep losing! Both got some tough games.:)

....and as my old Mum used to say, if if's and buts were pots and pans, a lot of Mr Eastwood's associates would be out of business.

I agree Hull & Leeds have tough games, but we should not rely on them dropping points.

I am starting to work out the key to our success. I missed four games recently, Leicester, Ipswich, Burnley and Leeds whilst away in Hawaii getting married and we didnt lose any of them. I am thinking that if I stay away for the last four games of the season we may still have an outside sniff of the playoffs!!

Could you see your way clear to leaving the country for the last four games as well?
We played so well when you were away collecting your ball and chain! :p

It obvious you must stay away

Honestly, in the name of supporting my team, if you and all the other SZ members are happy to club together to pay my air fare and hotel accomodation back to Hawaii for the last 4 weeks of the season, I am happy, as a gesture to my team and fellow supporters of course, to go back and watch from the beach.

I would be happy to make such a personal sacrifice just for you, it would have nothing to do with miles and miles of deserted beaches, lovely people, warm temperatures and cold drinks... honest!

On the supbject of jinxes I think my record this season has been terrible.

I don't think I've seen us win live. Been to all the midlands losses, Birmingham comes along - my closest game - and I don't go as I have to work! We win!!!!!

Think I've only seen us score 2 goals in about 10 games...

Even when I sit down to listen to us on the radio/web I can't remember hearing a win.

Yesterday I sat down to listen just before half time once I saw we were 1-0 up. listened until their penalty went in and then switched off in disgust. In my defence all the other results were going against us aswell and I just through that was it...

Switched on the text at a bout 7pm to check if we were bottom and muck fe if we didn't win, Leeds land Luton both lost from winning situations!

So to help the team I am not going to/lisenting to or even watching Soccer Saturday to keep track of the games. This gaurantees safety for Southend and our promotion next season to the Premiership!!!

There were all manner of people trying their best not to jinx the team yesterday. The guy in front of me obviously had a lucky 91/92 Hi-Tec away shirt and promptly told everybody so when we were celebrating Kev's winner. Loads of Orange Wyndham Plastics shirts about yesterday too for some reason.

Personally, I wore my lucky white/green Forest Hills that have now witnessed 3 wins (Southampton h, Ipswich & Preston a) as well as moved where my picture of Roots Hall was hung on the wall before I made the journey down (it's always the way, if we're on a bad run & I move it, we win the next one!)

yeah I noticed a few old school shirts around, a guy in front of me was wearing the Orange Wyndham shirt with Carruthers on the back!

Also saw the Telewest custard splat shirt

I dont have any superstitions when it comes to Southend though!

Back