• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperhosk

First XI
hopefully this will be short but i have just had enough of the moaners on here and 606 p.s these are just my views as a loyal blue, business man & a man who knows his football inside out.

What happened last season happened was Ron to blame?
In my eyes the guy put money into the club trying to keep us in the championship then when it didn’t work he tried to keep the "top players" in hope we would get back to the championship so yes it backfired but i support the fact he tried (remember he has been putting millions into the club for years so none of this where the Freddy money any one in Business will no the money would have been more than gone will debt left)

Fossest's Farm should we of just stayed at RH?
yes we could of stayed at roots hall and according to some people wouldn’t be in this mess but if you look back "on paper" we have been making pretyt big losses and soon either Ron would walk or the club would have to close simple really.
Im glad he has gone for it and from what i hear Sainsbury’s WILL NOT stat work on RH until we are in FF even if you dont believe them it would be a PR disaster?

We should of kept Tilson?
before i start can i say i am a Massive Tilly fan i think he is a nice guy and a Legend but for me i have to say we went down and its the MANAGERS fault yes there was money problems but were not the only club who's players wasnt getting paid ala Crystal Palace plus i ask myself if Tilson had started the season with a handful of contracted players would he have enough contact in his little black book to feel a team sheet i think NO.

i say while the season is in full swing lets not dwell on last season and instead give the CLUB are full backing i don’t no about you lot but i bleed blue, southend till i die and hate col u?

lastly the people who dot come to RH now because Ron is in charge in my eyes you are not fans so why not go support Grays or something i can understand this "Ron isnt getting my money" and i felt like that after we went down but i am to blue to to able to give the team a miss.

Thanks for reading this is my first Rant

Last edited:
hopefully this will be short but i have just had enough of the moaners on here and 606 p.s these are just my views as a loyal blue, business man & a man who knows his football inside out.

What happened last season happened was Ron to blame?
In my eyes the guy put money into the club trying to keep us in the championship then when it didn’t work he tried to keep the "top players" in hope we would get back to the championship so yes it backfired but i support the fact he tried (remember he has been putting millions into the club for years so none of this where the Freddy money any one in Business will no the money would have been more than gone will debt left)

Fossest's Farm should we of just stayed at RH?
yes we could of stayed at roots hall and according to some people wouldn’t be in this mess but if you look back "on paper" we have been making pretyt big losses and soon either Ron would walk or the club would have to close simple really.
Im glad he has gone for it and from what i hear Sainsbury’s WILL NOT stat work on RH until we are in FF even if you dont believe them it would be a PR disaster?

We should of kept Tilson?
before i start can i say i am a Massive Tilly fan i think he is a nice guy and a Legend but for me i have to say we went down and its the MANAGERS fault yes there was money problems but were not the only club who's players wasnt getting paid ala Crystal Palace plus i ask myself if Tilson had started the season with a handful of contracted players would he have enough contact in his little black book to feel a team sheet i think NO.

i say while the season is in full swing lets not dwell on last season and instead give the CLUB are full backing i don’t no about you lot but i bleed blue, southend till i die and hate col u?

lastly the people who dot come to RH now because Ron is in charge in my eyes you are not fans so why not go support Grays or something i can understand this "Ron isnt getting my money" and i felt like that after we went down but i am to blue to to able to give the team a miss.

Thanks for reading this is my first Rant

Fair enough but your opinions are just that , same as everybody else who posts on here or wherether else.

I dont think its the fact that Rons made mistakes that bugs people as we have all made mistakes and will again , but the fact that he lies and cheats and is genuinely disrespectful as he bulldozers his way through his dealings.

Nobody trusts him anymore and im not just talking about the fans but local business who the club rely on. He worked so hard to build this club up to have a great reputation and now thats been lost.

I can handle being in league 2 and i can handle a change in playing staff and management though i dont like it.

What i cant handle is the person running our club is currently not doing it to the best of his ability and anything he does do is done without respect for others and is mainly for personal gain.

Ive said it before and i'll say it again. Ron martin is our short term future but not our long term future. He needs the stadium to get back in the black and we need him to build for our own sakes to move foward and be a viable propasition for investment.

The sooner he makes his money and delivers our new stadium the better it will be for everyone. He will be happy to sell up having made some money and we will have a future.

So like it or not we have to hope that Teffron can pull it out of the bag and start building asap. I for one still dont beleive that it will happen , but i will be mighty releived when we see movement.

I pretty much agree with Tommy, I think. Like it or not Ron isn't going anywhere. We need him and he needs us. I do think though that if he can deliver the stadium then a lot of sins will be forgiven. And as I've said before if he can get it built and keep the Club stumbling, staggering but still breathing until we get there, then it will be a remarkable achievement considering that clearly neither he nor we have two quid to rub together.

Really ? Are you sure about that ?

The accounts show it, Mick. It's not investment in share capital like the guy at Colchester has done, but make no mistake that our large losses have been subsidised entirely by loans from the Chairman, the Directors and the other group companies. Last year's obvious cash crisis wasn't caused by any downturn in our finances, it was caused by the stream of loans drying up.

Nobody trusts him anymore and im not just talking about the fans but local business who the club rely on. He worked so hard to build this club up to have a great reputation and now thats been lost.

Good point Tom, and I just wanted to add this to it......

I think it's important to remember, (if I remember correctly, maybe someone can clarify) that HMRC actually wanted Ron out, citing that he couldn't run the club. So to those who think Ron's been a bit unlucky etc, be aware that the HMRC don't think he's good for the club, so why, for the love of christ, would you?

Last edited:
Good point Tom, and I just wanted to add this to it......

I think it's important to remember that HMRC actually wanted Ron out, citing that he couldn't run the club. So to those who think Ron's been a bit unlucky etc, be aware that the HMRC don't think he's good for the club, so why, for the love of christ, would you?

So someone who hasn't been paid by someone thinks badly of that person?!

The accounts show it, Mick. It's not investment in share capital like the guy at Colchester has done, but make no mistake that our large losses have been subsidised entirely by loans from the Chairman, the Directors and the other group companies. Last year's obvious cash crisis wasn't caused by any downturn in our finances, it was caused by the stream of loans drying up.

Ok Beefy, I can buy that he was subsidising the losses, but can you tell me; why was we accruing big losses? When Martin took over, as we've heard a fair few times from the horses mouth, he basically wrote off, all of our debt and put us on a level footing.

Ok Beefy, I can buy that he was subsidising the losses, but can you tell me; why was we accruing big losses? When Martin took over, as we've heard a fair few times from the horses mouth, he basically wrote off, all of our debt and put us on a level footing.

The same reason most clubs make substantial losses; our revenue doesn't cover our costs.

So someone who hasn't been paid by someone thinks badly of that person?!

HMRC has no real interest in the running of the club though. All they want is their money, as it falls due. Both now, and in the future. They must obviously feel that Ron won't deliver??

The same reason most clubs make substantial losses; our revenue doesn't cover our costs.

So double/triple attendences, cup runs, transfers etc, etc coming in, would mean our outgoings would have to be astronomical. Players wages right? lol

Because we were spending more money than we were earning. That's Ron Martin's fault at the end of the day as he agreed to contracts that we couldn't afford and the fact that he didn't seem to consider Relegation from the Championship as being likely highlights either an extreme arrogance on his part or an extreme lack of knowledge about football.

HMRC has no real interest in the running of the club though. All they want is their money, as it falls due. Both now, and in the future. They must obviously feel that Ron won't deliver??

Or they're getting too close for comfort with a certain other party. Funny how they seemed very clued up on the workings of this particular football club....

So double/triple attendences, cup runs, transfers etc, etc coming in, would mean our outgoings would have to be astronomical. Players wages right? lol

In the June 07 accounts we made a small profit on the back of 10k gates, a run to the last eight of the League Cup and the sale of Freddy Eastwood. The problem was that turnover dropped by 2m in the June 08 accounts but we were still paying contracts which we'd agreed at the Championship level. It's those contracts, and those signed the next year, which ultimately acted as an anchor sdragging us down as they were committing the Club to massive financial obligations at a time where it's turnover had completely bottomed-out.

Because we were spending more money than we were earning. That's Ron Martin's fault at the end of the day as he agreed to contracts that we couldn't afford and the fact that he didn't seem to consider Relegation from the Championship as being likely highlights either an extreme arrogance on his part or an extreme lack of knowledge about football.

But if we're spending more than what we're earning (despite being put on a level footing) that can only be one person's fault? So if said person has to dip into their pocket to subsidise for it, that's their own fault?

TBH what's happened IMO, is someone has been an opportunity to get very rich, but hasn't had the clout to see the whole thing through. I also think there has been some very shady goings on, along the way

Nobody's denying that player wages were hugely inflated, nor the fact our rampant extravagance in signing players like Richie Foran cost us dearly, but people allude to RM siphoning money out of the club for himself and the accounts just don't show that. We're a loss making football club, like so many in the professional game. We've been a loss making club before Ron was here and, barring monumental investment to wipe our slate clean and rapidly improve our infrastructure, we'll be a loss making football club after he's gone, too...

In the June 07 accounts we made a small profit on the back of 10k gates, a run to the last eight of the League Cup and the sale of Freddy Eastwood. The problem was that turnover dropped by 2m in the June 08 accounts but we were still paying contracts which we'd agreed at the Championship level. It's those contracts, and those signed the next year, which ultimately acted as an anchor sdragging us down as they were committing the Club to massive financial obligations at a time where it's turnover had completely bottomed-out.

Ok, I pretty much can buy most of that. However I look at it like this; why would you want the same person who's done this, to stay and try and carry us through?

Nobody's denying that player wages were hugely inflated, nor the fact our rampant extravagance in signing players like Richie Foran cost us dearly, but people allude to RM siphoning money out of the club for himself and the accounts just don't show that. We're a loss making football club, like so many in the professional game. We've been a loss making club before Ron was here and, barring monumental investment to wipe our slate clean and rapidly improve our infrastructure, we'll be a loss making football club after he's gone, too...

The accounts show that a £60k management fee is tranfered from SUFC to one of Martins comapanies (Martin Dawn?) on a yearly basis, despite Martin saying that he doesn't take a wage and his other companies are nowt to do with SUFC? What is this for?

Back