• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I Phone users

steveo

mine to stay the same please
New Google I phone app.

This is a free app and is basically Google but works from voice recognition. Ive tried about 10 different things and its been spot on every time.

I would imagine we are not far away form a phone that types text messages from voice commands, unless there is already one out there.

I got one last week and I'm still confused. I love the fact that I can read the NY Times on the loo, that I can watch the latest headlines from Sky while I make a cup of tea and that I can download books from the Gutenberg project and read them on the tube. FlightControl and iShoot are two of the best mobile games ever and I'm re-learning how to play Chess as well.

The trouble is that, as an actual phone, it's absolute ****. Calls fail more often than not and if I do get through to someone, they answer before my phone has stopped making the ringing noise which means that every call starts with the other person shouting, "HELLO? HELLOOOO?"

The battery life is scandalous, if your fingers are any bigger than the average 6 year old girl then texting is out of the question and the shiny, ergonomically designed shell means that it's very easy to drop.

If I could download an App that turned it back into a Blackberry, I would.

Great post.

I need say no more.

I am an advocate of the Nokia N Series, a phone that has some nice (but not so good at performing) bits tagged onto it, not an iPod which has nice bits tagged onto it yet as a phone is crap.

It's the fact that Apple will invariably put a flash on the iphone at some point and make out it's an innovation, no, you're playing catch up in the phone market, it's just the fact you have a brand and a good grounding to push, but the actual thing you're selling (a phone) is garbage.

And as is the case with anyone who is an advocate of anything made by Apple, the reason why it's so good is "because it is".

Bit harsh there mate, Apple machines for years outperformed PC but we had been brainwashed to only buy PC and MS, it has only been since the advent of the iPod that the British public have been awoken to the Apple brand.

I feel today in the Smartphone sector things are too blurry to say that people are just wanting a phone, if that was the case stick with Ericsson or Nokia that does not have a camera or other whiz bang add-on.

Unfortunately this is not the case for the majority of punters and each device has it pros and cons and it is down to the individual to decide what do they require the most to help make the decision on which product you buy.

I need say no more.

I am an advocate of the Nokia N Series, a phone that has some nice (but not so good at performing) bits tagged onto it, not an iPod which has nice bits tagged onto it yet as a phone is crap.

It's the fact that Apple will invariably put a flash on the iphone at some point and make out it's an innovation, no, you're playing catch up in the phone market, it's just the fact you have a brand and a good grounding to push, but the actual thing you're selling (a phone) is garbage.

And as is the case with anyone who is an advocate of anything made by Apple, the reason why it's so good is "because it is".

I can only speak as I find and I find the Iphone to be perfectly ok, both for phone calls, email, internet and text messages. Never have a battery problem as its sits charging on my desk most of the day.

There is also a reverse thing here that presumably due to their success, people have an adverse reaction to Apple, and also to a degree Mr Gates products and dismiss them as garbage. Maybe its a case of each to his own.

I can only speak as I find and I find the Iphone to be perfectly ok, both for phone calls, email, internet and text messages. Never have a battery problem as its sits charging on my desk most of the day.

There is also a reverse thing here that presumably due to their success, people have an adverse reaction to Apple, and also to a degree Mr Gates products and dismiss them as garbage. Maybe its a case of each to his own.

I find that with David Gray. I like him, but everyone thinks he is **** because EVERYONE owned White Ladder. ;)

I find that with David Gray. I like him, but everyone thinks he is **** because EVERYONE owned White Ladder. ;)

I sprayed my ladder with matt black Hammerite because you don't want any reflected light attracting attention when you are breaking into someones house or stealing lead from a church roof.

Last edited:

I don't hate Apple products.

I do think it is odd that purchasing an iPhone means you suddenly have to perform every single personal computing task relevant to your life in a public place.

Last edited:
Not looking good for the proportion of people with lispes, soon there'll be nowhere to hide...

Back