• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I sent a copy of my feelings to the Chairman. Please see his response.

Kevin Hogg

President
My post - the truth.

Inbox

AOh14GjrnB8IRhDCq8in0CRj2XXEHTsYY-zX15DDxQ9OOg=s40

Kevin Hogg2:51 PM (2 hours ago)
The really sad thing is -it does not matter what fans say or think. The current owner has taken our club away from us. We can care ...but sadly that is all we c

profile_mask2.png

Ron Martin
3:12 PM (2 hours ago)
to me

What as arse-hole you truly are ... post that Kevin

Sent from my BlackBerry — the most secure mobile device — via the O2 Network
Sent: 4 April 2021 13:52
To: Ron.Martin@southend-united.co.uk
Subject: My post - the truth.
The really sad thing is -it does not matter what fans say or think. The current owner has taken our club away from us. We can care ...but sadly that is all we can do. An all-time low that has been staring the owner in the face for three long years. He has done nothing but cut the cost of playing staff and management. So we have bargain basement rubbish. The owner, like us all, has had three years warning that this would happen. It has been as inevitable as the morning following the night. He actually chose to ignore it. But back to my point...it really does not matter what we say or think. We are irrelevent.

In truth I believe RM is hurting as much as, possibly more by the mess we are in.
Okay, at the end of the day the buck stops at his door, as does the ruinous financial disaster of relegation and shame.
In fighting does not do much to help; nor shows of unhappiness like boycotts, locking gates, egging cars, booing players.

Well sadly the ground will only be half full of A-holes when next season starts as Kevin’s email surely sums up how we all feel, apart of course from the resident Ron Martin Apologists Society members of SZ.
The fans will come back when we start winning games, regardless of the division. Fans are fickle, at any club not just Southend. If (stay with me) we’re top of the NL at Christmas then the anti Ron stuff will dwindle to next to nothing.

My post - the truth.

Inbox

AOh14GjrnB8IRhDCq8in0CRj2XXEHTsYY-zX15DDxQ9OOg=s40

Kevin Hogg2:51 PM (2 hours ago)
The really sad thing is -it does not matter what fans say or think. The current owner has taken our club away from us. We can care ...but sadly that is all we c

profile_mask2.png

Ron Martin
3:12 PM (2 hours ago)
to me

What as arse-hole you truly are ... post that Kevin

Sent from my BlackBerry — the most secure mobile device — via the O2 Network
Sent: 4 April 2021 13:52
To: Ron.Martin@southend-united.co.uk
Subject: My post - the truth.
The really sad thing is -it does not matter what fans say or think. The current owner has taken our club away from us. We can care ...but sadly that is all we can do. An all-time low that has been staring the owner in the face for three long years. He has done nothing but cut the cost of playing staff and management. So we have bargain basement rubbish. The owner, like us all, has had three years warning that this would happen. It has been as inevitable as the morning following the night. He actually chose to ignore it. But back to my point...it really does not matter what we say or think. We are irrelevent.

That response by Ron is indefensible. If one is in a position of over all control it is necessary to take criticism on the chin and reply in a professional and dignified manner. Sadly, it perhaps reflects the level of professionalism with which he conducts his business.

Back