• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I sent a copy of my feelings to the Chairman. Please see his response.

The fans will come back? Really? I think not. I've had enough.
Goodbye then only true die hard fans wanted!! The best thing about the club at the minute is the fans and the best way back from this mess is fans uniting we are all hurting but you have one club in life so wipe your mouth swallow the pain and support the club you love.....things will change it may take time but it will!! don’t be a fan that just rocks in 3 years time when we get promotion...... utb love your club

Goodbye then only true die hard fans wanted!! The best thing about the club at the minute is the fans and the best way back from this mess is fans uniting we are all hurting but you have one club in life so wipe your mouth swallow the pain and support the club you love.....things will change it may take time but it will!! don’t be a fan that just rocks in 3 years time when we get promotion...... utb love your club

It's not about going through bad times. Funding Ron is actually hurting the club longer term.

Yeah, you're right - it just doesn't feel that way at the moment!

Goodbye then only true die hard fans wanted!!

..........and that is just not true, the club needs a hardcore of fans for sure, but to be successful off the pitch it needs to appeal to a wider spread of casual supporters who can actually come and enjoy an afternoon of entertaining football with decent facilities.

I can't see many 'casual' fans turning up to watch non-league football in all honesty.

@Kevin Hogg are you going to post what you sent, that way we can actually judge how he responded against what you sent?
Yes please let us all see what you sent to Ron as my initial reaction to what he sent back to you was not only pretty disrespectful to you but a bit of an insult to all Southend United fans who no doubt are feeling quite upset and passionate at the moment........however part of me is not that surprised having viewed the Zoom video with our Chairman's swearing and "put downs" particularly to the young supporter who was only voicing his views......its a shame that Ron does not recognise that he and young people like him are the next generation who hopefully will support our club for life unlike our Chairman who will walk when he has made his millions ! ! !

It's actually there in the original post @OldBlueLady. Towards the bottom of the post.

I looked at it for a long time, trying to decide if that was the case. I don't believe it is, I believe that is the poster's response himself to us here - part of which appears higher up in the post. Otherwise it would be "you" rather than "he".

I looked at it for a long time, trying to decide if that was the case. I don't believe it is, I believe that is the poster's response himself to us here - part of which appears higher up in the post. Otherwise it would be "you" rather than "he".
If this is the case I completely misunderstood the original post and would also be interested to see what was originally sent to Ron.

Is it only me (as I'm nearly as old as Ron but don't have a blackberry... yet!) but I cannot see either the initial email or the response from Our Dear Leader. So I haven't a clue what everyone's talking about. Help please!

Can I borrow a feeling?
Could you send me a jar of love?
Hurtin' hearts need some healin'
Take my hand with your glove of love!

Shrimpers Faith's Song (with apologies to Amy Wadge)

Gave you all that you needed
You cut but I'm bleeding
And all of my strength that I gave to you
I loved completely
You lose then you leave me
And all of my hope
I left with you too

But I gave my heart whole I did
I gave my heart
And although it's lost
It is still beating
And I gave my whole soul I did
I gave my soul
And although I'm broken
I am still breathing........

Is it only me (as I'm nearly as old as Ron but don't have a blackberry... yet!) but I cannot see either the initial email or the response from Our Dear Leader. So I haven't a clue what everyone's talking about. Help please!
After taking out all the spacing and tables.....

Ron Martin said:
What as arse-hole you truly are ... post that Kevin

Back