• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I sent a copy of my feelings to the Chairman. Please see his response.

A lot of 90's people still do apparentlY.Woudn't really know since I've never had a mobile phone.And I'm only a year older than the Chairman!
Do you have a pager for those important moments?
Do pages and faxes still operate?
Do you know a lot of people in their 90s? The only one I know is my brothers father in law and he uses a mobile as he is hard of hearing and texting has been a blessing for him.

RM uses the language hurled at him everyday shocker! I'm sure, after a bit, I would react exactly the same as him. You can't expect to continually fling excrement without a level of splashback.
Do you recall John Prescott getting egged and thumping his attacker? Some people argued he was wrong but for me the bloke deserved what he got.

You do realise that makes little sense. By not funding Ron you are taking what little money he does put inro the club, thus even worse players and more relegations.

I'm thinking big picture, not what's on the pitch.

Ron will be left with no alternative but to sell the club if we dont fund any of it.

You could argue he could fold it but it would take away the leverage of the club in gaining access to the housing development but that could potentially put it back decades or never get approval.

Realistically the major damage has already been done and this should of been done all those years ago when he pulled the plug under Tilson & Brush team and we could of been long shot of him.

Goodbye then only true die hard fans wanted!! The best thing about the club at the minute is the fans and the best way back from this mess is fans uniting we are all hurting but you have one club in life so wipe your mouth swallow the pain and support the club you love.....things will change it may take time but it will!! don’t be a fan that just rocks in 3 years time when we get promotion...... utb love your club

Spoken like the 1,000 Blackpool mushrooms who preached unity whilst still putting money in Oyston’s pockets every other week whilst the other 9,000 actually got him out.

Organise. Protest. Riot. Boycott. They are your four steps, in order.

When dealing with Ron or anyone else, it is best to be polite but firm with your questions. For instance: Ron, many fans feel that late payment of players wages on various occasions and late payment to agents is a major reason why targeted players wouldn't sign for us. What is your response to this? What his reply would be is anyone's guess but it would be interesting!

Spoken like the 1,000 Blackpool mushrooms who preached unity whilst still putting money in Oyston’s pockets every other week whilst the other 9,000 actually got him out.

Couldn't agree more.

I'm thinking big picture, not what's on the pitch.

Ron will be left with no alternative but to sell the club if we dont fund any of it.

You could argue he could fold it but it would take away the leverage of the club in gaining access to the housing development but that could potentially put it back decades or never get approval.

Realistically the major damage has already been done and this should of been done all those years ago when he pulled the plug under Tilson & Brush team and we could of been long shot of him.

In what world or on what planet? SBC would love him to fold the club and would rush through plans with more housing. For decades the council have been unsupportive and damn right obstructive. If the fans really want villains to target in our debacle then look no further than SBC. They talk about city status and run the town like Trumpton. If you think a council that has overseen a decaying seafront, a dying town centre and the rest of the area used as a geriatric landfill, care two hoots about our club then you need to think again. A bunch of self-serving fools who think raising parking charges is a good move for a town desperate to generate footfall. If FF gets built it will be despite SBC.

Lets not blame Southend Council."Dodgy Ron", only had one thing in mind when taking over the club - money !! He had no other reason.So,if SUFC fold, it makes it easier for him.The way
the club is run,is nothing ,but scandalous.As I've mentioned many times before,he only wants the assets, the ground and training ground.Having been a supporter for over sixty eight years,
I shall not be applying for a season ticket, should we be in the National League,which is more than likely. As for his chief apologist,Rigsby,I await your criticism.The heart and soul have been
driven out of the club. As an aside, the appointment of MM and his sidekicks are nothing, but ridiculous !!!!

Very different financial circumstances, I accept there is truth in what you state regarding Tangerines and their chairman however the position with Roots Hall, SBC, EFL , Ron are not the same.
It isn't always a "one size fits all" .

I can't help but think that Uncle Victor would have responded in a similar fashion

The combination of a council instinctively hostile to the club and having a small time property speculator with delusions of grandeur in charge of it has proved to be absolutely lethal and the end is plainly in sight. Those of us who remember the days of Nelson Mitchell and the local bigwigs who formed the board back then should have realised when we were well off as a financially stable, mediocre third division club who now and again gave us some pleasure and some memories to keep.

In what world or on what planet? SBC would love him to fold the club and would rush through plans with more housing. For decades the council have been unsupportive and damn right obstructive. If the fans really want villains to target in our debacle then look no further than SBC. They talk about city status and run the town like Trumpton. If you think a council that has overseen a decaying seafront, a dying town centre and the rest of the area used as a geriatric landfill, care two hoots about our club then you need to think again. A bunch of self-serving fools who think raising parking charges is a good move for a town desperate to generate footfall. If FF gets built it will be despite SBC.

Not disagreeing with your opinion on the council it's not as simple as their decision.

We arnt in the state we are purely because of the council though are we?

1.Do you have a pager for those important moments?
Do pages and faxes still operate?
2.Do you know a lot of people in their 90s? The only one I know is my brothers father in law and he uses a mobile as he is hard of hearing and texting has been a blessing for him.

1.Never been important enought to have been given one.Thought they used to use them a lot at the Biz.school I worked at back in the 90's. :Smile:

2.Only elderly person I know well is my wife's aunt (n her late 80's.)Think she has a mobile.Then she used to be a Maths teacher.:Winking:

Not disagreeing with your opinion on the council it's not as simple as their decision.

We arnt in the state we are purely because of the council though are we?

A proactive council could have made sure we never got to this point. More than three decades of procrastination has seen the club spiral downwards. To what end? The removal of another cherished leisure activity, the loss of jobs, a diminishing image and evident bureaucratic buffoonery. SBC should be ashamed of itself and, sadly, many of us should be equally ashamed for allowing this to happen. Our apathy has endorsed the decisions that have turned a growing town with prospects into an unattractive backwater.

Back