• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I sent a copy of my feelings to the Chairman. Please see his response.

Moment when club like Reflex, Churchill, East Coast Social bars was sold, the moment the town slowly dying.

A proactive council could have made sure we never got to this point. More than three decades of procrastination has seen the club spiral downwards. To what end? The removal of another cherished leisure activity, the loss of jobs, a diminishing image and evident bureaucratic buffoonery. SBC should be ashamed of itself and, sadly, many of us should be equally ashamed for allowing this to happen. Our apathy has endorsed the decisions that have turned a growing town with prospects into an unattractive backwater.

Prove it in the next month council election!

Finally, I don’t believe RM use a cheap & tatty Blackberry phone, as he would have most expensive and better phone than that sh*t.

Finally, I don’t believe RM use a cheap & tatty Blackberry phone, as he would have most expensive and better phone than that sh*t.
I would expect him to have two phones minimum, work and personal.
I am surprised he didn't bin the message or have it set as spam.
I am also not in favour of people sharing communications of such kind unless all parties to it agree.

Shows how mickey mouse the club is that that email was even replied too by the chairman.

This sort of thing doesnt help anything. Its clear ron has a massive chip on his shoulder about just how ungrateful we all are.
Id prefer the proper communition via the trust and the sos group, and for them to really take him to task.

All this “Ron doesn’t care” stuff is absolute bollocks. He’s made some disastrous decisions and is now sinking with us....

A proactive council could have made sure we never got to this point. More than three decades of procrastination has seen the club spiral downwards. To what end? The removal of another cherished leisure activity, the loss of jobs, a diminishing image and evident bureaucratic buffoonery. SBC should be ashamed of itself and, sadly, many of us should be equally ashamed for allowing this to happen. Our apathy has endorsed the decisions that have turned a growing town with prospects into an unattractive backwater.

what are they going to do? They don’t get involved in other independent businesses?

If you are talking about stadium etc... have they not approved plans before? But we failed to take them forward and have since chopped and changes designs and stalled on multiple occasions

what are they going to do? They don’t get involved in other independent businesses?

If you are talking about stadium etc... have they not approved plans before? But we failed to take them forward and have since chopped and changes designs and stalled on multiple occasions
IIRC the council lent, interest free? over a £100k to a councillor's family member to set up a posh restaurant on the seafront at Chalkwell, the same premises that were a large public shelter that was left to run down. And the planning went through very very smoothly.
And there were objections but the proof of what this council can get done when it is of a mind to is there.
Just an example.

I have raised objections to a couple of local schemes both on the set forms and with the elected representative AND have never been engaged with, it is obvious to me that SBC has a lot of NIMBY, self seeking and self believing know alls, peddling their own agendas, which don't extend beyond their personal views. Not the populace they "serve".

IIRC the council lent, interest free? over a £100k to a councillor's family member to set up a posh restaurant on the seafront at Chalkwell, the same premises that were a large public shelter that was left to run down. And the planning went through very very smoothly.
And there were objections but the proof of what this council can get done when it is of a mind to is there.
Just an example.

I have raised objections to a couple of local schemes both on the set forms and with the elected representative AND have never been engaged with, it is obvious to me that SBC has a lot of NIMBY, self seeking and self believing know alls, peddling their own agendas, which don't extend beyond their personal views. Not the populace they "serve".

One word: Seaway. Enough said.

All this “Ron doesn’t care” stuff is absolute bollocks. He’s made some disastrous decisions and is now sinking with us....
He cares, that's for sure, but in ways that sometimes are unhelpful. For example, most games now he wants to talk to the players in the changing room or sometimes by other means, sometimes even interrupting the pre-match team talk to say his bit, or sometimes after the game or even on the coach!. Things like how he's right behind them and not to worry he will support them financially etc.... All quite odd really considering he apparently still owes some of the players furlough money he hasn't passed on!

He cares, that's for sure, but in ways that sometimes are unhelpful. For example, most games now he wants to talk to the players in the changing room or sometimes by other means, sometimes even interrupting the pre-match team talk to say his bit, or sometimes after the game or even on the coach!. Things like how he's right behind them and not to worry he will support them financially etc.... All quite odd really considering he apparently still owes some of the players furlough money he hasn't passed on!

Continual interference suggests he doesn't trust or believe in the management to do the job.

Continual interference suggests he doesn't trust or believe in the management to do the job.
Well it puts MM in an awkward position for sure. Though I tend to think RM means well, but just maybe doesn't stop to think of the consequences of his actions sometimes. Some of the players haven't been treated well at all financially and to hear him spouting off about 'support' as youre trying to focus on tactics probably isn't going to help much no matter how well intended. PB would have told him where to stick himself until another time or limited the occurrences, but it must be very awkward for MM to do that at the moment. They are different animals obviously.

Annoyingly he's always done this. As you all say he probably means well but save it for another time

It totally undermines the manager. Any experienced manager would tell the chairman to concentrate on running the club while he manages team affairs.

It totally undermines the manager. Any experienced manager would tell the chairman to concentrate on running the club while he manages team affairs.
Its a tough one isn't it. 91st in the league. Struggling to find a win. Being given the dreaded chairmans vote of confidence.... to then say to RM 'not now Ron Im talking to the players at the moment'
I agree an experienced manager that's done the rounds wouldn't have let it get to that stage and nipped in the bud early. But MM isn't that person. Probably a too nice a person sometimes despite some heightened touchline ranting now and again.
It is what it is I guess and hope I haven't distracted from the title of this thread.

Just an example.

It was, allegedly, worse than that.

It was, allegedly, a grant.

Others did, allegedly, receive grants but, allegedly, they were of lesser value.

It was reported in the Echo at the time.

Back