• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I spoke to Tilly about the loanees

shrimperton

Manager
I spoke to Tilly at a recent wedding i went to just after the Leeds game about the loan signings

Asked the question who he thought we could get out of the famous five

Christophe= Very good chance

Sawyer= Good chance again, but we lose him for 6 weeks through Jan and Feb even if agrees to come back due to a england tournament he is selected for

Federici & Kanu= He just laughed and said no chance

Harding= to my surprise he said no chance either with him too

I told him its a worry after christmas and he agreed that the loan market would have to be used again, he just hopes the new loan players have the same effect, he has two hopefully lined up but wouldnt give any clues to who!

good news (mainly)... i think it mainly confirms the rumours that have been going around here. It's always good to hear that Tilly is thinking ahead!

this sort of backs up what i said on the sawyer and harding threads....although i didnt name and shame, but you have stole some of my thunder for further revelations!!

Does anyone know exactly how many loans you can have in a season

I told him its a worry after christmas and he agreed that the loan market would have to be used again, he just hopes the new loan players have the same effect, he has two hopefully lined up but wouldnt give any clues to who!

I saw a few (about 11) decent Arsenal players last night, outstanding players and all looking for a regular game.

I suppose most would be looking to play in the Championship (or higher) but we could stand a reasonable chance with a few of them?

Does anyone know exactly how many loans you can have in a season

The rules of the Football Conference permit clubs to name 5 loan players in the 16 man match day squad.

This is the FA's explanation......No wonder so many clubs get it wrong!!

''A Competition consisting of clubs within the area of, or affiliated to, two or three Affiliated Associations shall make application for sanction to, and may be affiliated with, the Association which has the majority of the Competition’s clubs in affiliation. The Association to which application has been made shall, within 14 days of its receipt, submit the application to the other Association(s) concerned. The Competition shall be sanctioned by, and be under the jurisdiction of a Committee of not less than two representatives of each of the Affiliated Associations.''

It that proves true, that leaves us very exposed at the back. Which I guess we all expected, but still... A managers work is never done eh?

So lads. Anyone know a good left back that might be available? Any up in Scotland?

Those rumours about the guy who plays for Arbroath never came to anything.

Lee Naylor* is being frozen out at Celtic but I guess again his not so unsubstantial wages would be the stumbling block, although remember the Hoops did loan Adam Virgo to Col U last season so I'm guessing they might be up for a doing a deal where they pay part of his money.

* - this is just a general comment in response to full-backs at Scottish teams, no direct connection (that I know of to SUFC)

I am meeting up with a certain Charlie Mulgrew this week at Pittodrie......could always see if he is interested in coming back to the Hall.......I wonder if Ron would give me the SUFC company business card again to wine him and dine him!!

I spoke to Tilly at a recent wedding i went to just after the Leeds game about the loan signings

Asked the question who he thought we could get out of the famous five

Sawyer= Good chance again, but we lose him for 6 weeks through Jan and Feb even if agrees to come back due to a england tournament he is selected for

I wondered how long you could hold off before banging on about seeing Tilly at a wedding Craig ;)

Heart attack time this morning..................on Southend's newsnow site, there is a story from Porstmouthnews with the headline, 'Midfielder decides between Premier League sides". JFC is surely not that good!
Fortunately when you read further you find that it is just a series of newspaper rumours and nothing to do with JFC.........the only one that concerned us was from the 'Daily Star', a real scoop for them, saying that we're on the trail of Dan Harding. That is going to come as a real surprise to all of us on here!
I am one of the doubters concerning our chances of signing Sawyer but, if it did come to pass, it would be an incredible coup. Disappointed about Harding, more so for the fact that, at one time, we all seemed pretty sure that he would end up signing permenantly with us.........rather like Hammell. However, as I said last night, I'm sure that TB&M have been searching for a replacement since the last transfer window closed........just in case, as it seems now likely, Harding left.

He's still getting 1st team football then I see (substituted after 80mins in their 2-0 win last night)......

Still doing it for them........i need a good angel when i see him this week to persuade him to come back...

Do you Reckon Sam and Sarah might offer their services??

Still doing it for them........i need a good angel when i see him this week to persuade him to come back...

Do you Reckon Sam and Sarah might offer their services??

Having seen Charlie's Mrs (& mother of his son don't forget) when I saw him at Cumbernauld Tescos I doubt it - this isn't a criticism of S&S either!!!

How comes your meeting up with Charlie Mulgrew Dave?

Great news about Christophe and possibly Sawyer, any indication if the Sawyer deal could be permenant or simply a loan until the end of the season?

Not suprised that Feds & Kanu are "no chance".

Damn shame about Harding though, but then if the rumours are true what chance do we stand against championship sides.

Back