• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I want a pre-season tour to Arbroath

You are Michael Portillo and I claim my £5

My journey was far more fun and involved women rather than football. I ticked off a Yank in Aberdeen and a Swiss girl in Edinburgh....25 years on, I would be happy to settle for Arbroath.

Ah, the mighty Raith Rovers and their 3 sided ground is not far off route for any journey to Arbroath, just off the lovely FiFe Coastal Path for those fancy strolling there.

I’ve been to Fort William’s ground. Now there’s a team we might actually beat. They are properly bad.
That’s right Rob they are officially Britain’s worst team, although their doing really well for them this season, not bottom and three wins from 17 games ! Apart from Fort all the other teams are on the NE coast , I believe their local derby is around 130 miles away !

That’s right Rob they are officially Britain’s worst team, although their doing really well for them this season, not bottom and three wins from 17 games ! Apart from Fort all the other teams are on the NE coast , I believe their local derby is around 130 miles away !

My sister lives up that way so I get up there once or twice a year. They may be useless but you'll struggle to find a ground in more picturesque surroundings. Just one of a few hopeless scottish non-league clubs I keep a vague eye on!

I've followed them for a few years now, even bought my brother a Fort William mug!

Doing well this season, no double-figure defeats yet...

I've followed them for a few years now, even bought my brother a Fort William mug!

Doing well this season, no double-figure defeats yet...
Followed them for about 10 years as you say no double figure defeats yet. I’ve got a FW beanie which I’m often wearing in the West stand !E18B8D60-25A8-4AAB-B963-3835F88F06E8.jpeg

That's because they have half the Inverness Caley Thistle reserve team on Loan

When our club is in a better position, wouldn't it be nice to have a pre-season friendlies tour of Scotland. Maybe starting with a Scottish League two, then a League one, then a Championship (Arbroath in the summer would be fine, looking at YBs photo), and finishing with a Premier League club, hopefully one of the big ones. We did it before but there wasn't many Southend fans. I think next time there would be between 1 and 2 hundred willing to have a little holiday in Scotland, especially as cheap return flights are available between Southend and Edinburgh.

When our club is in a better position, wouldn't it be nice to have a pre-season friendlies tour of Scotland. Maybe starting with a Scottish League two, then a League one, then a Championship (Arbroath in the summer would be fine, looking at YBs photo), and finishing with a Premier League club, hopefully one of the big ones. We did it before but there wasn't many Southend fans. I think next time there would be between 1 and 2 hundred willing to have a little holiday in Scotland, especially as cheap return flights are available between Southend and Edinburgh.
What about an opener against a Highland League club? Some of us could discuss with Firestorm which one ? Great idea though count me in.

saw this pic on one of the facebook grounds groups. I did enquire about smokies, sadly they don't sell them in there.

In all seriousness, I'd love a pre-season tour of Scotland / Ireland. Have we ever done anything like that before?
I recall Ronnie Whelan & Theo Foley took us on a pre season tour to Ireland back in the day.

We had about 150 to 200 fans last time we played in Scotland for the mini tournament at East Fife.
Not sure there are any Southend to Edinburgh flights at the moment.

Back