• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

pedromaia

Hello guys, I have been following and supporting Southend from Brazil since I've met you through my friend GregStarz who have introduced me Southend.

Since then I've been reading news, and always checking the results. Unfortunately it is not possible to watch the games, unless it's been shown live and there is some link on the internet. But I'm always checking www.livescore.com to see your results.

That'd have been great if you had been promoted directly, you got so close. But I'm sure you're gonna make it now. And in high style playing final game in Wembley.

Here in Brazil I support a team called Sport Recife, we just got promoted to 1st division (like Premiere League) last year. And this weekend we also have a very important game, we'll play the final of our State Championship against one of our greatest rivals, and we only need to draw to become champions.

If anyone get interested in knowing Sport Recife better here you have some informations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUjUxtF26bA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_Club_do_Recife

Good luck again guys, let's do it!

Pedro Maia.

Hi Pedro , and great to have a fan based in such an illustrious footballing country as yours.
There can't be too many Southend fans in Brazil !
Yes , we just missed out , but guess the league doesn't lie over 46 games , so finished where we deserved.
The play-off's will be hard as both Southend and Crewe are in good form , but let's see.
Good luck for your Champoinship decider this weekend.

Pedro, like me you won't be able to get to the games, however, you can watch them on line, as they are being televised. If you would like to see Saturday and Wednesday's game, check out my thread "Crewe v Southend United Direct on Line" and you will find info regarding at least one reliable site that will permit you to see them both on the other side of the pond.

Yes Danny, and I've been told that last Crewe's defeat was against Southend, so it's time for them to lose again.

Hello Pedro, great to have you on board.

I was in Brazil last year and watched Palmeiras and Flamengo and a few other matches, but I was converted to a Gremio fan by a friend I have in Porto Alegre. He bought me a Gremio key-ring for when I left, and I actually returned the favour and had him a Southend Key-ring and a few other bits sent over. I get quite frequent messages from him giving me updates, and he also keeps an eye out for Southend results (he even went Southend on football manager).

Great to know there is more than one Shrimper in your fantastic country, and good luck to Sport Recife for the next season!!

Hello Ryan, very nice to know that you follow brazilian football.

And I'm glad you didnt choose neither Flamengo nor Palmeiras, they have some problem with us, and also we have some problem with them. lol

Gremio is a very strong team, they play a tough football.

If you support Gremio, you must have heard about when they won a game playing with 7 players against 11, and they got promoted to 1st division.

It was against Nautico our great rival, we can make jokes about it until today. If you dont know this history ask your friend. Is unbelieavable!

Welcome pedro, hopefully one day you'll get to see the Blues in action first hand. As others have said though you'll be able to catch a feed online for the time being.

Back