• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

hockleyeast1964

sons taxi and bank
just finished watching cov pne game on sky after the game the Interviewer remarked that aston villa need to rebuild after the defeat against bradford.His reply.. rebuild they nick all the talent from the lower leagues.. 'When i was at bristol rovers they nicked scott sinclair at 16 for 200k .The premier clubs get it all for free there should be a pyramid payment...the new rules have stopped that.. The prem can take what they want So nice to hear a real manager state the facts...Ian Hollaway 2nd fav manager behind PAUL STURROCK

I don't think I'll ever understand this fascination with Holloway and the way in which people are so keen to paint him as this moral arbiter of football. The man's a gaping hypocrite and someone who's reaps the adulation when things are going right, but as soon as things begin to turn against him it's someone else's fault, or a product of the modern game that he publicly chastises, but is equally as happy to manipulate.

Let's take his little outburst at Wayne Rooney when he was angling for a new contract, which had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he was very keen to strike up a working relationship with Ferguson. Not at all. He publicly and passionately lambasts Rooney for belittling Ferguson and United in an attempt to get more money from the club, apparently unaware that he was guilty of the very same thing at Plymouth. He made a big song and dance about his time at the club, stylising himself as this West Country Chap with chickens in his garden, then jumped ship as soon as Leicester, who were below Plymouth in the Championship at the time IIRC, when Mandaric waved a lucrative contract under his nose.

Now he's got a bee in his bonnet about clubs making derisory offers for Zaha, something he's also had a moan about in the past when he was at Blackpool, again seemingly oblivious to how he conducted himself during his pursuit of both Bilel Mohsni and later Ryan Hall. Let's not forget his treatment of Bojan Djordjic either, but Oyston at Blackpool is just as culpable in that respect.

I'd put Holloway's popularity to this Cult of Soccer AM that's swept over football. He was hero worshipped by Poundshop slapper Chamberlain and Tim "How will football cope without me?" Lovejoy for saying some daft **** in press conferences and appearances on the show, and that's seemingly rubbed off on the masses who can't chant anything that's not to the tune of Sloop John B and follow FourFourTom on Twitter.

So, yeah, I don't like the bloke. Reasonable Championship manager though.

[video=youtube;zUNtA0Z1DHA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUNtA0Z1DHA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Just to further reinforce my point, here's Holloway losing his rag with a journalist who asked him about Zaha's fitness, before going on to tell Sky Sports employees to 'get a job, innit' and claiming that Zaha's profile was the cause of him getting booked.

Holloway, Allen; they are latter day younger Barry Frys; lower league short term workers of minor miracles but not long term builders of quality teams that can stay the pace............although often that is because their best players move on.
What they are is workers & entertainers and for that I give them due respect.

This is the same Crystal Palace who had more penalties than anyone else last year?

They had 16 penalties compared to 4 against them! (The average penalties was 6.6 per club)

Why wasnt he complaining then ?

In his interview he also mentioned that his "little Blackpool" didn't get treated the same. He has also been charged for his comment. Nice stat this is:

"Ian Holloway: In his only full Premier League season, only Manchester City (9) were awarded more penalties than Holloway's Blackpool (8) "

http://www.thefa.com/News/governance/2013/aug/ian-holloway-charged.aspx

Back