• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ian Southgate

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
Ian Southgate has sadly passed. He was a legend at Eastwood, Leigh Comm and Southend games back in the day. When he was younger, you couldn't shut him up, but in a good way as he was a real character. Always smiling and joking. Very charismatic. He calmed down over the years, but still had a presence. Another great person gone.

Unfortunately he had been in hospital for 6 weeks or so; and was very unwell. Didnt look good for him but then he caught COVID in hospital and that was the straw that broke the camels back! Very sad as others have said, a lovely guy and his son Matt is just like him, but mouthier ?

RIP and thoughts go out to all his family and close friends.

Kev

I heard this last week, very, very sad indeed. He and Matt, are still heavily involved with Rambers and Ian will be sorely missed, he was a great, loud ! fella

Ian Southgate has sadly passed. He was a legend at Eastwood, Leigh Comm and Southend games back in the day. When he was younger, you couldn't shut him up, but in a good way as he was a real character. Always smiling and joking. Very charismatic. He calmed down over the years, but still had a presence. Another great person gone.
I knew Ian as a work colleague. He was as you suggest a truly larger than life Individual. RIP Ian, sorry to hear this sad news.
I have often wondered is Mat Southgate his son? Ian was a very good golfer too, very low average.

RIP Ian, another good Leigh Comm and North banker gone
Very sad.

Hello Ozzie, Hope your keeping safe in Germany?. Ian was another legend in Leigh on Sea, who was taken long before his time, so sad.
FYI i est around 20 of us old Leigh Comm & ex North Bank regulars ( back in the day! ), still keep in regular contact on Facebook.
Because of Covid restrictions re funeral numbers allowed, we will still appear 'somewhere' en route, to pay our respects & applaud the great man he was.

Back