• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Now that is a "leaving early" to be concerned about! Condolences.

I was truly shocked to hear this news on Friday morning. As many have said, 57 is so young. Ian has been good friends with my Dad for many years, and I've known him since I was about 6. Always liked him, and been to many an away game with him. Always had time for a chat about the Blues, and a fan that will be sorely missed by all that had the pleasure to know him.

RIP Ian

I was deeply shocked to hear this having only received a message from him the night before. I just cannot believe it and still cannot get my head around it. At 57 that is way to young to leave this earth and it puts some things into perspective. Don't ever waste time planning to do things if you want to do something then do it as no-one knows how long we are on the earth for.
Rest in peace my dear friend and I shall miss our discussions.
My heart felt condolences go to your family at this time.

Please let us know of his final arrangements

We are but a small but selective group. So to lose yet another prematurely is painfully sad even if we did not necessarily ever meet. RIP

So sad,I heard the news last night.I knew Ian since I was about 20 years old and I am almost 48.We shared two common interests football and the bowling (where I met him) he was a good guy and always had a smile on his face.I spoke to him recently and he was asking me how I was coping without the football as I live in Cornwall.I said it was horrible..My thoughts are with his family at this sad time RIP Ian ...

Just to let those that wish to attend know I have been given detail's of Ian's funeral and been asked to share it with you all.

Ian's funeral will be taking place on Tuesday 6 January at Southend crematorium from 13.10, with the wake taking place at the Royal Navy club on East Street afterwards. All welcome.

Such a lovely man and one who will be sorely missed! Spent many an afternoon watching football with him, many a time in the bookies, listening to his not so great horse tips, and a few evenings playing poker together! He was great fun, be it in person or even on FB arguing with others or normally himself lol!

RIP Ian!

Just to let those that wish to attend know I have been given detail's of Ian's funeral and been asked to share it with you all.

Ian's funeral will be taking place on Tuesday 6 January at Southend crematorium from 13.10, with the wake taking place at the Royal Navy club on East Street afterwards. All welcome.

Worth bumping this up.

A very lovely service with some wonderful anecdotes shared by his family and close friends. God Bless, Ian.

Thanks for supportive messages, I have passed onto the family. Ian was my father in law and it has been a tough few weeks. We were overwhelmed by the turnout yesterday but that was what Ian meant to people. I believe the guy who needed the ambulance was ok.

Back