• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McNasty

It is with great regret that we announce the death of Ian Walker, a well-known and loyal supporter of Southend United.

Ian passed away suddenly and his death comes as a great shock to all that knew him.

He was a man of great principles who always had time for a chat and his football family will be devastated at this time.

Funeral arrangements will be published when known.

RIP Ian, a good friend and gentleman.

RIP Ian. He was our landlord and also our friend aswell as of course a fellow shrimper, totally gutted.

Yes Tony, found this sad news out on Saturday morning. He was only 57, which is no age at all. Ian was no longer "irate", we had many a chat on here by pm in years gone by, and more recently, on FB. He was a man of principle, some "old school" values, who saw good in everyone, loved his football and adored his family. I had only got to meet him "face to face" this season at football when he introduced himself to me in the West stand.

My condolences to his family and close friends who will be struggling to come to terms with his sad loss.

RIP Ian.

Shocking news and like many of us older SUFC fans. "He was one of us" He always had his opinion on things and was 9 times out of 10 proved to be right in the long run.I had many a debate with him, morso in real life and on Faceache than here. He adored his family and my thoughts are with them at this sad time.

R.I.P mate.

RIP Ian, don't think we ever met but I used to enjoy your posts on here. Always sad to lose a fellow fan, my thoughts go to his family.

Can i suggest that people that knew zoners that have passed post stories of these people on the RIP thread for that person so as to bring life to them in their death.
For example with Ian i only know of his angry side on here and him getting banned but im sure some of you have funny stories good or bad and maybe in the future a gandkid googles him then the zone will pop up and they will see how he was loved/hated.
Just a thought put over in my not very good fashion.
Also maybe others that have passed could have their own thread,like Homer(didnt know him )or London fatso (or him) filled with stories from those who knew them.

RIP Ian, we had our differences but it's sad loss for your family and the Shrimpers family, especially at this time of year.

Oh bloody hell.

Only met him once or twice, most memorably before the Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge, where we got on like a house on fire. The man loved a bet, which is always a big tick in my book!

RIP Ian.

Terrible news. My thoughts and best wishes to his friends and family at this very difficult time.

RIP

Always remember his posts on here and his was a name that you'd hear the odd story about from a number of different people. 57 is no age too.

RIP mate.

It's been a hefty debit this year on blues supporters. Condolences to Ian's family and friends.

Back