• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Just been reading this piece on football365 about late starters in football.

http://www.football365.com/news/football365s-top-ten-late-starters

Number one is Ian Wright who, it is claimed, was rejected by Southend United. First I've heard of that. Can anyone back this up?

Also, my day has been made better by finding out that Les Ferdinand won the Turkish Cup. Not sure why, but it has.

I remember hearing about Sir Les' Turkish success. I've never heard that about Ian Wright though and would take that story with a large pinch of salt.

I remember hearing about Sir Les' Turkish success. I've never heard that about Ian Wright though and would take that story with a large pinch of salt.

I knew Sir Les had gone to Turkey but never realised it had gone so well. Sir Les was great.

And yeah, on Wright it seems odd that I've never heard of such a famous player failing to make the grade with us. I did a bit of research on players we missed out on for AAS a while back and never saw anything about Wright.

John Fashanu and Bruce Rioch were definitely two...can't for the life of me remember the others though!

I've often heard his name mentioned when the subject of players who we've had on trial.

Gordon Hill was another one, rejected for being too small or is that an urban myth? (Us rejecting him, not being small..)

I knew Sir Les had gone to Turkey but never realised it had gone so well. Sir Les was great.

And yeah, on Wright it seems odd that I've never heard of such a famous player failing to make the grade with us. I did a bit of research on players we missed out on for AAS a while back and never saw anything about Wright.

John Fashanu and Bruce Rioch were definitely two...can't for the life of me remember the others though!

Gordon Hill was one .

Back