• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Icesave

I say we steam in with the trawlers and leave the waters around Iceland devoid of any marine life whatsoever, effectively leaving them with one export commodity - sh!t music.

I am sick of high price of cod because opportunistic chip shop owners use it as an excuse to raise the cost of associated items such as pies, battered sausages and king ribs.

Last edited:
Only 300,000 UK savers affected.

Russia bailing Iceland out apparently.

Morning Chaps!

It's at times like this I'm rather glad my ancestors raped and pillaged southern Africa and stole their diamonds and gold.
Without such a bounty handed down through the generations, I very much doubt I'd be sunning it in my tanning room whilst being fed grapes by large breasted hired crumpet.

As I said to my Butler the other day - 'Don't look me in the eye you ****ing serf or I'll force you and your family into ****ing poverty, you worthless ****.'
He should be grateful I still employ him.

Chin Chin!

Matt - try accessing the site via the dutch site - I've heard that it hasn't got the holding pages that the uk site has... don't know if it works though

...of which I'm one.

I feel sick.

:(

Not sure if you've seen this but this article seems to suggest that your savings up to a value of £16,170 will be protected the Icelandic government (provided it's not bankrupt!) and then the rest up to £50k is covered by the British government.

Best of luck with getting your money back and safe. I can't imagine how sickening it must be to hear that you won't have access to your savings. I bank with Natwest and was slightly concerned myself when I heard RBS had lost 40% of it's value at one point this morning!

Not sure if you've seen this but this article seems to suggest that your savings up to a value of £16,170 will be protected the Icelandic government (provided it's not bankrupt!) and then the rest up to £50k is covered by the British government.

Best of luck with getting your money back and safe. I can't imagine how sickening it must be to hear that you won't have access to your savings. I bank with Natwest and was slightly concerned myself when I heard RBS had lost 40% of it's value at one point this morning!

If you are that worried then put £50K of your bank account in RBS and leave no more than £50K in Natwest.....

Alastair Darling has just announced on the BBC that ALL investors in IceSave will get their money back REGARDLESS of how much is in there.

For the first time in my life, I actually feel a little bit of sympathy towards the Government. I mean, comments like this from the Icelandic Government must make the job even harder.

"The Icelandic government, believe it or not, have told me yesterday they have no intention of honouring their obligations here," said Mr Darling.

Of course the UK Government could have changed the laws 1,10 or 100 years ago to stop it, but that's all well & good in hindsight. I would hope that if any of the UK Banks just go to the wall that they don't just toss aside the foreign investors like Iceland have. Their economy would have been weaker without these investments in the first place!!!

Back