• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Identifying signatures - Help needed

Must admit, I wondered about him, though it doesn't look like it. Doesn't look like Martin Ling's either.

We definitely don't think they're Southend players though.

That was my initial "guess" when I looked at the pics BEFORE reading any other replies. As for the others, no idea. Might be worth chatting to Ben Clarkson as he may well be a good one to help!

That was my initial "guess" when I looked at the pics BEFORE reading any other replies. As for the others, no idea. Might be worth chatting to Ben Clarkson as he may well be a good one to help!
Great idea Kev, thank you.

Ok, no joy so far, just to clarify, the full shirt is shown below, and these are the signatures we've identified so far (with thanks to @Big Bad Barry Corr )
1. ?
2. Ray Stewart
3. Mick McCarthy
4. ?
5. Kevin Maher (literally only added at the Trust AGM)
6. Trevor Brooking
7. ?
8. Barry Fry
9. Stuart Pearce
10. Alan Curbishley
11. Roy Keane
12 Peter Taylor
13. ?
14. Steve Tilson
15. Paul Brush
Full signatures.jpg

Ok, no joy so far, just to clarify, the full shirt is shown below, and these are the signatures we've identified so far (with thanks to @Big Bad Barry Corr )
1. ?
2. Ray Stewart
3. Mick McCarthy
4. ?
5. Kevin Maher (literally only added at the Trust AGM)
6. Trevor Brooking
7. ?
8. Barry Fry
9. Stuart Pearce
10. Alan Curbishley
11. Roy Keane
12 Peter Taylor
13. ?
14. Steve Tilson
15. Paul Brush
View attachment 17722

I'll get in touch with Brushy Junior and see if his dad has any ideas seeing as both him and Tilly signed it and get back to you if he has any joy!

From James; dads is on it....he got the shirt for the trust, and random names was due to the trust helping toward his pro licence so the signatures were people from the course plus some others! The one thing he said straight away is number 2 isn't Ray Stewart....its Gary something! He is going to have a good look and get back to me!

There we go, if Brushy can't help then I don't know who can ?

Actually, I've had a look online and can't see that any of those are right to examples online, can't find John Schofield though. He's right about Ray Stewart, it's not him.

3 is definitely Mick McCarthy.

Mick McCarthy.jpg

Sounds an interesting course if the likes of Roy Keane, Trevor Brooking and Stuart Pearce were on it though!

Back