• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Idiot alert!

It is a shame that they edited his actual quote.

"All I know is that it was a blonde girl driving, even if I didn't get a look at the driver."

Note to idiots: That was a joke and he didn't say it but maybe he should have .....:smiles:

The thing that annoys me, and I'm not in any way sticking up for this useless bint, is that these cyclists harp on and on about the lack of respect shown to them from car and van drivers yet a typical day of walking through London to work sees me having to pay extra attention to cyclists who just fly through red lights or come tearing up behind you on a pavement! Seems that they are happy to go to war with motorists yet fail to show the same level of respect to pedestrians.

a few years ago i had a cyclist drive in to my car just by the Nelson pub near Roots Hall. It was dark (night), not well lit street lights, and he cycled off the kerb straight across into my car. before i could even think to brake he hit the bonnet and flew into a fence. turned out he was not injured. i called 999 and police refused to come out as neither of us were hurt and my car was still driveable. for all they know i could have been drunk! the bike had no brakes, no lights, how was he ever going to stop!? i went to the police station to report the accident after swaping contact details. turns out i was given a false name and address. i told the officer i would reverse over the next cyclist, three times if a child. Infact i would even take the body home, cook and eat them after. i dont have a problem with that at all.

A lot of cyclists in London wear cameras on their helmets to record bad driving and road rage incidents.

If you are going to punch one approach from the rear or wear a balaclava.

Seriously? People have contacted her employer to dob her in? Jesus wept - yet again the self proclaimed what's right and wrong bandwagon jumpers of Twitter have made a massive something out of nothing.

She's a bloody idiot - but going all out to ruin her life when this should've just been reported to the police and left at that? That's what's wrong with this world.

I've said it before - these are the same people who think flashmobs are cool and spend all their time tweeting about TV shows being crap because they think they're the 2nd coming of Charlie Brooker, when in fact they're just massive ***** who should just throw themselves off cliffs and make me happy.

For the record as well, when I see a cyclist in London getting pulled by the feds I love nothing more than giving a little wry smile and a wink at them.

The thing that annoys me, and I'm not in any way sticking up for this useless bint, is that these cyclists harp on and on about the lack of respect shown to them from car and van drivers yet a typical day of walking through London to work sees me having to pay extra attention to cyclists who just fly through red lights or come tearing up behind you on a pavement! Seems that they are happy to go to war with motorists yet fail to show the same level of respect to pedestrians.

The thing that annoys me is people who attach the anti-social behaviour of the odd cyclist running a red light to ALL other cyclists. It's this "these cyclists" attitude that produces numpties like Emma 'outtamy' Way. It's like saying all car drivers speed, tailgate and undertake. Some do, most don't.

Seriously? People have contacted her employer to dob her in? Jesus wept - yet again the self proclaimed what's right and wrong bandwagon jumpers of Twitter have made a massive something out of nothing.

She's a bloody idiot - but going all out to ruin her life when this should've just been reported to the police and left at that? That's what's wrong with this world.

This. For as much idiocy as she's shown, it really could've done without the concerted campaign to ruin the girl's life. And that Cyclist Hatred account is one of the most paranoid I've ever come across.

The thing that annoys me is people who attach the anti-social behaviour of the odd cyclist running a red light to ALL other cyclists. It's this "these cyclists" attitude that produces numpties like Emma 'outtamy' Way. It's like saying all car drivers speed, tailgate and undertake. Some do, most don't.

It's the same across the board though. Until all motorists, cyclists and even pedestrians toe the line, they're all going to keep moaning about the other. I was just trying to point out that cyclists themselves are not immune to blame nor causing injury when they disregard the rules.

I don't care what anyone says, EVERY rider has ignored the rules at some point in their life and rode on the pavement, or ran a red light.....Whether it in a busy area like London, or in a village like Gt Wakering.

A lot of cyclists in London wear cameras on their helmets to record bad driving and road rage incidents.

If you are going to punch one approach from the rear or wear a balaclava.

Saw a program about this, one of the cyclist's was a bit of a dick tbh but the way some drivers behaved was bang out of order. The footage of a cyclist nearly going under a tanker that hadn't slowed down on a roundabout was ****ing scary!

She is a prat. There are cars that pay zero road tax. Does that mean she can ram them? ****ing idiot.

I cycle to work as much as I can (bit of a fair weather rider at times), but I'm fortunate that I can do the whole journey on cycle paths, if I had to go onto roads at any point I wouldn't do it. There are just too many poor motorists for me to feel safe.

Likewise they are too many poor cyclists too, those who think they have a right to do what they want & you as a motorist must pander to them always & the just plain stupid. Cycling home the other week at 11 pm I saw, at the last moment, a coloured guy on his bike, on a busy road, no lights & dark clothing..:stunned:

As a motorist and a cyclist I am a little bit sickened by this. People like Emma Way should not be allowed on the streets let alone on the road. She could have killed the cyclist and showed zero concern by posting about it on twitter. Does she also walk along the pavement pushing people into the road because they are slowing her down? There are far too many people in cars that think they are indestructible and drive with exactly that mentality, but what Emma Way has shown here is just complete disregard for another humans life. With her other images that she has posted (her doing 95mph and taking pictures and texting whilst driving) it would not surprise me at all if she was done for dangerous driving by the police and failing to stop at a RTC.

I agree with some of the points in regards to cyclists that fail to adhere to the laws of the road and it really annoys me as a cyclist that so few give so many such a bad name.

There needs to be more done in the Driving Theory and tests and just more awareness in general about cyclists, for instance a couple of months back I did a 75 mile Cambridge to Southend ride and one of the final hills was coming through Hullbridge, which is fairly steep, although pretty short. When I got to the hill, the traffic was pretty slow and there wasn't really anywhere the cars could go to pass us and progress up the road, yet one car decided to overtake me up the hill with a Horse box coming the other way. Suffice to say the car hit the oncoming horsebox, taking off its wingmirror and causing a few quids worth of damage all for the sake of travelling 5 metres in front of me, only for me to overtake them again as soon as the climb had stopped.

Slightly off topic, but all I saw was the thread title & MK's name in the same close proximity.

There's a joke there somewhere

:sherlock: :moon:

I just saw that the guy she knocked over was Martin Clunes.....How bizarre!

_67779300_toby.jpg

Back