• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If A Love One Goes Into Hospital

The Big Dady

¡Viva la Kevolución! ⭐️ ⭐️
Staff member
Make no mistake...

When loved ones are removed from your home by ambulance because the virus has hit them hard, you are not going to be able to follow them there, sit by their hospital bed and hold their hand. You are not going to be able to pop in at 7.00 pm for visiting hours.

They are going to have no one other than exhausted and brave hospital staff to see them through days or weeks of barely breathing through a ventilator until they either die or recover. They are not going to be well enough to text you.

You are not going to be able to phone the ward to check in on them regularly (staff will be too busy for that). During that time, they will be completely alone, while you sit at home waiting to hear whether they have made it through.

Imagine that person is someone you love dearly. Because it's going to be a reality for many in the coming weeks.

And if that person in hospital happens to be you, going through that ordeal completely alone, it would be nothing less than terrifying.

Never in my life have I wanted so strongly to say that if anyone is not feeling even a little afraid right now, not only for themselves but for their loved ones and others in general, then they are a bloody fool.

Don’t be a fool stay safe and stay at home.

Yep very sad.
Can Covid patients take a mobile phone with them? Have seen the reports from Italy and Spain of people in the wards on phones.
Obviously not every one will be well enough to use a phone and of course the majority will be elderly people who may not have a phone.

Make no mistake...

When loved ones are removed from your home by ambulance because the virus has hit them hard, you are not going to be able to follow them there, sit by their hospital bed and hold their hand. You are not going to be able to pop in at 7.00 pm for visiting hours.

They are going to have no one other than exhausted and brave hospital staff to see them through days or weeks of barely breathing through a ventilator until they either die or recover. They are not going to be well enough to text you.

You are not going to be able to phone the ward to check in on them regularly (staff will be too busy for that). During that time, they will be completely alone, while you sit at home waiting to hear whether they have made it through.

Imagine that person is someone you love dearly. Because it's going to be a reality for many in the coming weeks.

And if that person in hospital happens to be you, going through that ordeal completely alone, it would be nothing less than terrifying.

Never in my life have I wanted so strongly to say that if anyone is not feeling even a little afraid right now, not only for themselves but for their loved ones and others in general, then they are a bloody fool.

Don’t be a fool stay safe and stay at home.
How true, just wish people would listen

The thought of this happening to any of my loved ones scares me more than the virus itself.

We all need to be fearful of the awful virus and it is now not discriminating on age or gender although statistically the older you are the higher the potential
Please all remember to maintain high hygiene levels and always wash your hands after doing anything and especially when returning home from any trip.

We should be on total lock down, with only essential workers on the streets, it will hit hard but if that is the price to pay for living and stopping the NHS from bursting so be it

My friend in Cape Town is not allowed out only for medicines and shopping and military on the streets to assist the police

#timetobekindtoall

Chap on the BBC News this morning who's thankfully recovering now at home gave some very sobering insight into what to expect if taken in - one of which was spending (I think it was) four days staring at four walls with contact only with over-stretched staff, contemplating his own mortality.

And as the mother of Chloe Middleton, the 21yr old lass who passed, said "Do your bit. Protect yourselves and protect others. The virus isn't spreading, people are spreading the virus."

We should be on total lock down, with only essential workers on the streets, it will hit hard but if that is the price to pay for living and stopping the NHS from bursting so be it

My friend in Cape Town is not allowed out only for medicines and shopping and military on the streets to assist the police

#timetobekindtoall

See, this is what I don't understand about this mobilisation of all these "NHS volunteers", are they going to be screened before they go out and do things?

See, this is what I don't understand about this mobilisation of all these "NHS volunteers", are they going to be screened before they go out and do things?
I would say impossible unless your a Royal

Screen to day ok and tomorrow you have the virus what happens then

Back