• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question If all players were fit & registered what would your starting 11 be?

Boreham Blue

Match day squad⭐
Before the next pre match thread starts I was wondering what side MM could put out and how competitive could it be. I’d go for:

Oxley
JD White Lennon Hart
Macca Taylor
ANG Olayinka Goodship
Akinola

That team should be mid table but realise we’d never be able to put it out consistently without injuries

Oxley
JD White Lennon Hart
McCormack
ANG Dieng Olayinka Akinola
Goodship

Harsh on Kyle Taylor this and could easily be swapped for Olayinka but not sure if he’d be as much of a goal threat as Id see him as someone to play slightly deeper. Included Akinola but I can’t pretend to know too much about him. Can’t put Goodship outwide so put him through the middle.
So the team I’ve selected still gives the likes of:

Bwomomo
Hobson
Taylor
Egbri
Sterling
Seaden
Rush
Acquah
Clifford

to come into the side.
Good enough to avoid relegation in my opinion. But it’s all ifs buts and maybes at the minute.

I
Oxley
JD White Lennon Hart
McCormack
ANG Dieng Olayinka Akinola
Goodship

Harsh on Kyle Taylor this and could easily be swapped for Olayinka but not sure if he’d be as much of a goal threat as Id see him as someone to play slightly deeper. Included Akinola but I can’t pretend to know too much about him. Can’t put Goodship outwide so put him through the middle.
So the team I’ve selected still gives the likes of:

Bwomomo
Hobson
Taylor
Egbri
Sterling
Seaden
Rush
Acquah
Clifford

to come into the side.
Good enough to avoid relegation in my opinion. But it’s all ifs buts and maybes at the minute.
I’d probably swap Akinola and Goodship over positionally but otherwise that’s my team too. The bench would look a hell of a lot stronger than it has been all season and I think that speaks volumes for why we find ourselves in the situation we’re in. If Ron sorts the embargo in the next couple of weeks I think we’ll be ok.

Before the next pre match thread starts I was wondering what side MM could put out and how competitive could it be. I’d go for:

Oxley
JD White Lennon Hart
Macca Taylor
ANG Olayinka Goodship
Akinola

That team should be mid table but realise we’d never be able to put it out consistently without injuries

Not a bad side at all. Assuming the big lad up front can actually score goals - but I do see that team being a lot stronger defensively.

No way is Goodship a lone striker (he's barely a striker! lolz) and Akinola is an unknown quantity so its hard to say. I'd like to see us try 442

Oxley
JD White Lennon Hart
ANG Olayinka Macca Taylor
Goodship Akinola

Not a fan of players out of position, but Taylor has too much quality to leave out. Realistically, Macca wont play much (once we re-register him double lolz), so Taylor in the middle and maybe Clifford wide left.

Would love to see what we can do with a 442 and getting the ball into the forwards...

Olayinka's forward runs could leave us exposed so maybe put an extra body in there, but I absolutely want to keep 2 up, so other option for me is a 352

Oxley
White Lennon Hobson
JD Macca Olayinka Taylor Hart
Goodship Akinola

Oxley
JD White Lennon Hart
Macca Taylor
ANG Olayinka Goodship
Akinola

The big question would be how many consecutive games would that line up be able to play without injuries.

442 (diamond)
Ox
Elvis JW Lennon Hart
JD
Kyle T Macca (or Dieng)
Olayinka
Akinola Goodship (or Sterling or Acquah)
Subs:
Seaden
Hobson
Clifford
Dieng
ANG
TE
EA and/or KS depending on who is injured!

Oxley
JD White Lennon Hart
Macca Taylor
ANG Olayinka Goodship
Akinola

If all fit then agree with this except Ralph for Hart moving Hart forward and leaving out Goodship

Oxley
JD White Lennon Clifford
ANG Macca Taylor Hart
Olayinka
Akinola

Subs: Seaden, Elvis, Ralph, Dieng, Egbri, Acquah, Goodship

This was actually harder than I thought. Good thread. As it stands I'd go for:

Oxley
Elvis White Lennon Clifford

Egbri Demi K Taylor ANG

Olayinka

Goodship

Subs: Seaden, Macca, Hobson, Acquah, Akinola, Hart, Dieng

This is based on the fact that we haven't seen Akinola play yet and Hart hasn't kicked a ball for a quite a while and there is no guarantee he will be the player he was.

I've left Macca out because he can't play 90 minutes so think he would actually be more beneficial from the bench, especially if we are under pressure.

Oxley
JD White Lennon Clifford
Macca
Olayinka Taylor ANG
Goodship
Akinola​

Could bring Elvis and Hart in as wing backs if needed, depending on the opposition etc.
Comfortable with Egbri rotating with Olay or ANG for changing it up during a game or fixture congestion.
Need to see Akinola play also before committing to that forward line!

Oxley
JD White Lennon Ralph
Macca
Egbri Olayinka K. Taylor Hart
Akinola
Ralph and Hart to alternate positions freely maybe. Olayinka instructed to play freely and run at defenders.

The left side is the strongest selection headache IMO and it was tough dropping Clifford to the bench.

Subs: Seaden Hobson Clifford Elvis Dieng Goodship Acquah

I actually think a match day squad like this would be a solid mid-table team. The starting XI is very different to the one that started the first league game of the season.

Last edited:
Oxley
JD White Lennon Ralph
Macca
Egbri Olayinka K. Taylor Hart
Akinola​

Subs: Seaden Hobson Clifford Elvis Dieng Goodship Acquah

I think that's pretty much what I'd go for with the exception of swapping Elvis in for Egbri, he is better going forward than defending and he's a more physical presence than Terrell as well.

I also think it's harsh to leave out ANG altogether and think he would be worthy of a place on the bench - possibly at the expense of Egbri or Goodship.

At home:

Oxley
JD White Lennon Hart
Macca
Ang Taylor Olayinka GoodShip
Akinola

Away:

Oxley
JD White Lennon Clifford
Elvis Macca Dieng Hart
Olayinka
Akinola

At home:

Oxley
JD White Lennon Hart
Macca
Ang Taylor Olayinka GoodShip
Akinola

Away:

Oxley
JD White Lennon Clifford
Elvis Macca Dieng Hart
Olayinka
Akinola

This has got me thinking, how much of a difference do we think home and away is this year with no crowds? Obviously things like familiarity of the pitch etc still remains but the crowd won’t be on your back or pushing you on.

So I wonder how the Barnet striker is feeling, clearly he is fit and the embargo holding him back. he's Instagram shows the mood maybe turning to frustration

Back