• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFCFANS

Coach
If the dream of a move to Fossetts Farm ends up dead in the water (let's face it, increasingly likely) what would you like to happen? My preference would be Ron sells, and a new owner looks to steady the ship, with a view to moving us to another site, with a modest, but improved stadium, maybe 15,000 basic seater in the area.. Don't foget, if Ron walks away, even he can't sell Roots Hall, unless we are relocated, with a minimum 13k seater stadium, which gives me slight hope!

If the dream of a move to Fossetts Farm ends up dead in the water (let's face it, increasingly likely) what would you like to happen? My preference would be Ron sells, and a new owner looks to steady the ship, with a view to moving us to another site, with a modest, but improved stadium, maybe 15,000 basic seater in the area.. Don't foget, if Ron walks away, even he can't sell Roots Hall, unless we are relocated, with a minimum 13k seater stadium, which gives me slight hope!

Hasn't Roots Hall already been sold to Sainsburys?

FF has to happen or there is no Southend United. Lets hope Sainsbury's don't want their dosh back.

bottom line is without the FACTS we as a fan base can do little

Don't like criticising but really another FF pointless thread. It would appear that the best to hope for us is that eventually FF will get developed. If it doesn't we will have absolutely no say in the consequences that will follow and we will just have to hope for the best that there will be someone around to pick up the pieces. Better to concentrate on our next game, at least those that attend, will have a positive effect of supporting the side.

The brewery that owns the Spread wouldn't have spent over £300k on a refurb if it hadn't done its research about its future footfall....

That is all.

If Sainsbury's are no longer interested in megastores there is nothing to stop them building flats on the Roots Hall site subject to planning permission. These large supermarkets can be property developers as well as retailers.

People want facts.

1. The S106 agreement has not been completed.
2. NO building work can begin until the above is sorted.
3. Sainsbury are "reviewing" the project.
4. The remaining residential properties and businesses (Pizza Man/Prospects etc) on Vic Ave have not been purchased.
5. Countless "start dates" have come and gone.
6. It has been over SIX YEARS since the plans were passed and nothing has happened.

People want facts.

1. The S106 agreement has not been completed.
2. NO building work can begin until the above is sorted.
3. Sainsbury are "reviewing" the project.
4. The remaining residential properties and businesses (Pizza Man/Prospects etc) on Vic Ave have not been purchased.
5. Countless "start dates" have come and gone.
6. It has been over SIX YEARS since the plans were passed and nothing has happened.

Rubbish.

Sale Appliance moved :smile:

If Sainsbury's are no longer interested in megastores there is nothing to stop them building flats on the Roots Hall site subject to planning permission. These large supermarkets can be property developers as well as retailers.

Instead of the store but still building Fossetts you mean ? There are covenants in place and they wont get planning permission otherwise.

Im not sure how much they would be interested in that, after all a store is a source of income for the next 20 years.

Don't like criticising but really another FF pointless thread. It would appear that the best to hope for us is that eventually FF will get developed. If it doesn't we will have absolutely no say in the consequences that will follow and we will just have to hope for the best that there will be someone around to pick up the pieces. Better to concentrate on our next game, at least those that attend, will have a positive effect of supporting the side.

Who knows, Ron's silence could mean anything, good or bad. He may be actively persuing offers to buy him out which could explain why he's said nothing about the stadium or anything else lately. As others have said all we can do is support the team & wait & see what happens, although I completely understand why people are frustrated (I'm one of them) and want to discuss the situation & possible outcomes. I think if you cant bring up your concerns on here where can you do it? I'm sure this won't be the last thread on the subject.

Who knows, Ron's silence could mean anything, good or bad. He may be actively persuing offers to buy him out which could explain why he's said nothing about the stadium or anything else lately. As others have said all we can do is support the team & wait & see what happens, although I completely understand why people are frustrated (I'm one of them) and want to discuss the situation & possible outcomes. I think if you cant bring up your concerns on here where can you do it? I'm sure this won't be the last thread on the subject.

Ron's silence is purely because he has nothing to say, we are waiting for the findings of Sainsburys property review.

I still think a ground share will be the way for Ron.

As Smiffy has stated several times the big hypermarket has fallen off the cliff with the convenience store in the forefront of all the big players.

My guess is RH will be demolished and a nasty housing estate built on the hallowed site.

I still think a ground share will be the way for Ron.

As Smiffy has stated several times the big hypermarket has fallen off the cliff with the convenience store in the forefront of all the big players.

My guess is RH will be demolished and a nasty housing estate built on the hallowed site.

Cant be done unless the new stadium is built.

Cant be done unless the new stadium is built.

The covenant in pretty worthless in today's world and if Ron promises the council FF will be built but RH site must be cleared to fund it would the council say no?

The covenant in pretty worthless in today's world and if Ron promises the council FF will be built but RH site must be cleared to fund it would the council say no?

Yes they no doubt would or we wouldnt have had to go with the 2 stage development and settle for a 3 sided monstrosity.

serious question, is the trust (or SUISA) persuing this, ie. actively pressing the club for an answer on behalf of the fans?
I think most, if not all, of us believe the club will not be able to continue long term (under present ownership) as a professional club, unless a new stadium is built, surely then the representatives of the fans should be chasing for answers?

If the answer is, "Ron is not telling", then what about the promised position on the board? surely board members would be privy to info?

EDIT: Just seen the Trust thread asking the same question, after I posted this.

Back