• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
Would you slot him back in as a replacement for Lenny .As it has show that Lenny isn't a natural right back .Or would you stick with lenny for his pace and long throws .

Would you slot him back in as a replacement for Lenny .As it has show that Lenny isn't a natural right back .Or would you stick with lenny for his pace and long throws .

I'd stick with Lenny for the fact he's been integral to keeping three clean sheets against three strong teams.

No, feel white is sometime a liability depending on who he plays against Lenny will be up against Ellison.
The long throw winds me up we don't seem to do anything, Saturday the shorter throws created more chances.
Plus you need Lenny in the team but wouldn't drop either Deegan or Timlin

I think as vital as White is, you'd have to think of a reason to drop Lenny, and quite simply there isn't one. He's done fantastically well in all 3 games he's played there and kept 3 clean sheets.

I'd stick with Lenny for the fact he's been integral to keeping three clean sheets against three strong teams.

I have to agree. Don't change a winning team. Lenny has made some spot on tackles at the back last 3 games, his pace is a big asset

Lenny seems to have his MOJO back now and for his physique and athleticism I would stick with him.
:thumbsup:

If we lose with White, people will say we should have stuck with Ryan. If we lose with Lenny, people might say they should've changed. I'd say keep it the same

If we lose with White, people will say we should have stuck with Ryan. If we lose with Lenny, people might say they should've changed. I'd say keep it the same

Agree with this. It's a tough one. Some of lennys last ditch tackles have been because he was caught out of position. However I think he has got better each game and I would keep him. However the way Brown does his subs may mean no place for white or Prosser on bench which would worry me. I would want both to cover the back 4.

I'm normally a very firm advocate for John but at this time, I'd say we need to stick with Lenny. He's not only fitted back in to what was his original playing position as if he'd never been away but he's also taken on the captain's armband. No reason to change a winning team before what we hope is our final match of the season.

I'm normally a very firm advocate for John but at this time, I'd say we need to stick with Lenny. He's not only fitted back in to what was his original playing position as if he'd never been away but he's also taken on the captain's armband. No reason to change a winning team before what we hope is our final match of the season.

I'm so glad I was sitting down when I read that

Don't change a winning line up before the biggest game for ages, unless really necessary. Tough on the skipper, he has done little wrong, but the team mentality has to be spot on, and leaving anyone out at the minute will affect that IMO.

When picking up tickets at club yesterday Ben clarkson was there and he said everyone fit. However agree don't change a winning lineup.

JW in for me, Lenny has done well but he doesn't look comfortable at RB for me. On saturday I'd wager his pass completion stats were the lowest on the team and the commentary on the Bury game suggested he was caught out of position a lot sometimes recovering himself but often saved by Barrett & Bolger. Don't get me wrong I rate Lenny but I'd probably bench him for this game as I wouldn't want to change our CM pairing at present, i'd possibly consider a swap for Atkinson for his pace out wide? but never seen him play there.

Don't change a winning line up before the biggest game for ages, unless really necessary. Tough on the skipper, he has done little wrong, but the team mentality has to be spot on, and leaving anyone out at the minute will affect that IMO.

Spot on. As harsh as it may seem on John White, this is our biggest game in ages and it could potentially decide whether we go up or not. Lenny has done well in the last few matches against tough opposition, saving us from conceding late on in the match on several occasions, so to bring White back after all of that, would be incredibly harsh on him.

People say don't change a winning team, but if Bentley was injured but we still won, I'm sure they'd be like "well thanks Ted (Smith, Tes, whoever) but Bentley comes back in." It'd be the same with Timlin, Corr, Coker et al.

Pick your best team, not a winning team.

Having said that, at this moment in time Leonard is holding down the right back position and White hasn't played for nearly a month. I don't rate JW particularly highly and Leonard has some attributes that JW doesn't have. Also, JW played through a knock during our playoff campaign last season and he was well below par.

People say don't change a winning team, but if Bentley was injured but we still won, I'm sure they'd be like "well thanks Ted (Smith, Tes, whoever) but Bentley comes back in." It'd be the same with Timlin, Corr, Coker et al.

Pick your best team, not a winning team.

Having said that, at this moment in time Leonard is holding down the right back position and White hasn't played for nearly a month. I don't rate JW particularly highly and Leonard has some attributes that JW doesn't have. Also, JW played through a knock during our playoff campaign last season and he was well below par.

No you dont play a weaker side just for the sake of keeping a winning team, but in the case of Leonard I think he has done really well so he warrants being considered ahead of White, who I actually like.

Back