• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No one, as imho your Team picks you (ie I was born and bred there) rather than you picking a Team.

I'm rather relieved that I wasn't born in Colchester!!

No idea. The only other team I take an interest in is Swansea, as I lived there for 5 years. Were there no Southend though, I'd have probably ended up following some other team.

Wouldn't have been the same though

Toss up between Billericay and Brentwood..Or just concentrate on playing?

I guess if Southend United did not exist we would have a pretty strong non-league side. But it is possible that the non-league side would have also made it into the Football League a bit like Southend United so we could be supporting a pretty similar club if we had not been formed in 1906.

Lets face it most towns of Southend's size have or have had a Football League club at some time during the last 100 years.

Wimbledon, I lived opposite Kingsmeadow for 2 years (though never set foot in there till Southend youth played Kingstonian) and am now a stones through from Merton and because its a vote against franchise

My old man was from Walthamstow and tried to make me a Spurs fan, In the 70's we used to watch Southend friday nights and Spurs on Saturdays, those were the days when it was cheap to go watch football...

I remember reading Frank Skinners autobiography a few years back and his take on it was this 'when you're old enough, you find the nearest professional football club to where you were born then support them until you die.'

For me, it's be Legia Warsaw, I would watch Chelmsford City if Southend United wasn't there.

In a parallel universe somewhere I am a spurs fan.
Had my WHL season ticket holding Grandad not passed away when I was very young I am sure I would have taken to see Spurs as a child

Back