• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If the league began tomorrow...

If the season started today with the squad we got we would finish mid table/lower. We are currently short in areas which need strengthening..... we need 3/4 signings before the season starts to make us competitive for play off push!

Unfortunately for sufc we are dropping into a strong national league, probably the strongest it has ever been...... I look at wrexham, Stockport and notts county. all 3 clubs are not messing around and have prolific strikers at this level and above, I expect those 3 clubs to run away with it and fight out top spot. Then we have the likes of Torquay, chesterfield, grimsby and smaller established national league clubs like Bromley, Solihull and Boreham Wood who no doubt will feature in the play off mix.

If we don't strengthen the side from now to start of the season, it could end up being horrible season and realisation will kick in how low we have dropped. In this league it's so important to get off to good start and get some momentum going to give us chance of making the play offs.

My expectation at this current present is mid table/ lower.

Blimey how desperate can you be to score a point, Rather sad on your part

Im sure the mods could confirm the answer for you
No we're different people who just happen to think the same thing - that we're in for a shock come mid-August.

This is the Barry revolution.

Last edited:
If the season started today with the squad we got we would finish mid table/lower. We are currently short in areas which need strengthening..... we need 3/4 signings before the season starts to make us competitive for play off push!

Unfortunately for sufc we are dropping into a strong national league, probably the strongest it has ever been...... I look at wrexham, Stockport and notts county. all 3 clubs are not messing around and have prolific strikers at this level and above, I expect those 3 clubs to run away with it and fight out top spot. Then we have the likes of Torquay, chesterfield, grimsby and smaller established national league clubs like Bromley, Solihull and Boreham Wood who no doubt will feature in the play off mix.

If we don't strengthen the side from now to start of the season, it could end up being horrible season and realisation will kick in how low we have dropped. In this league it's so important to get off to good start and get some momentum going to give us chance of making the play offs.

My expectation at this current present is mid table/ lower.
Thats incredibly depressing.
Sadly i agree though.

Youve got to think/hope Brown knows this and sorts it out. Or if his hands are tied i can see him walking if he feels theres no chance.

Thats incredibly depressing.
Sadly i agree though.

Youve got to think/hope Brown knows this and sorts it out. Or if his hands are tied i can see him walking if he feels theres no chance.
It is depressing I agree but it's realistic view on the current situation. Of course it could all change and we end up bringing in 3/4 players in before a ball is kicked and its different picture.

Brown not silly he knows we need to strengthen in certain areas. I'm sure he doing everything in his power to make that happen!

I do have more hope this season than last..... Time will tell I guess.

Murphy/Akinola is a front two that guarantees play-offs, and that midfield would be one of the best in the division. So a bit of an overreaction.
I mean, is that a serious comment? So as long as we play those two up top we’ll be nailed-on for top 7? The delusion of some of our fans is really quite frightening….

I really thought some of you would have learnt from last season when it was apparently going to be a cakewalk to promotion. Make no mistake, this is one of the most difficult leagues to get out of and we need more signings if we’re to turn this club around in 2021/22. Some of you could well be in for another rude awakening this season.

For me we should certainly be relatively safe from relegation this term but it could take us a good few years to get back into the EFL. Just ask the likes of Luton, Orient, Cambridge etc how much of a struggle it was to come back. The main target for the new campaign should be to arrest the slide of the past two (arguably three) seasons. Brown will need time and patience from the supporters.

Blimey how desperate can you be to score a point, Rather sad on your part

Im sure the mods could confirm the answer for you
A total sense of humour failure I see.

Jesus mate, lighten up a bit or it'll be an even longer season.

Im sorry if my sense of hum our has gone above your head , especially as it has attracted quite a few likes

Maybe I could come up with a couple of nursery rhymes that might fit the bill for you

Have a lay down mate

Do you really think I'd be negative if we'd have had a good season last year? I just say things the way I see them, just like you I'm sure.
Nothing wrong with an opinion, it's what the Zone is about. When it becomes repetitious then it can grind a bit. So we now all know your baseline for the season, maybe now is the time to cautiously except that there may be hope this season (when it finally kicks off).

Your to old to make jokes at Barry's expense. Its a scientific fact that comedians peak at 27......By 32/33 you struggle to crack a one liner. Yes I know there are rare exceptions of funny people in their late 30's but if you look at Sutton's forum its a laugh a minute with lots 25 year olds.

...if the league began tomorrow we could field the following (subject to illness/injuries):

Arnold

Demitriou White Hobson Ralph

Egbri Dunne Ogogo Akinola

Dalby Murphy

Subs: Seaden, Clifford, Coulson, Ferguson, ANG, Holmes (if he passes his medical), Rush​

That's actually not too shabby!

Reasonably happy with how things are shaping up. I would like to keep Akinola though as I do think he would be an asset at this level, however I think that horse has bolted unfortunately. Perhaps PB will go for loan options of Kargbo/Dennis instead.

Back