• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If the league began tomorrow...

BarryBlue52

Striker
What would be your starting XI? I know it's still early in pre-season and there are still players we don't know much about, but mine would be;

(5-3-2)

Seaden

Bwomono - Halford - Demetriou - White - Ralph

Ferguson - Bridge - Phillips

Murphy - Akinola

But some of those players have played for other teams, how do we know the 5g signals from the covid contrails won't make them score 20 og's each?
Alright, let it go now, I've posed a Southend-related question and would appreciate if people could answer without having a personal dig.

What would be your starting XI? I know it's still early in pre-season and there are still players we don't know much about, but mine would be;

(5-3-2)

Seaden

Bwomono - Halford - Demetriou - White - Ralph

Ferguson - Bridge - Phillips

Murphy - Akinola
So Elvis who's 100% leaving, not even part of the club anymore. Halford who's an absolute donkey, JD at cb?? Thats new.

White who played for ColU and surely will be trying to score an OG every game.

But yea.... spot on. Blocked me thinks....

You've been banging on about players from rival clubs playing for us then choose that back 3??? Plus Elvis and hopefully Halford will never play for us again

You've been banging on about players from rival clubs playing for us then choose that back 3??? Plus Elvis and hopefully Halford will never play for us again
I've given my team, you give yours. This is meant to be a forum for healthy discussion. Also, Elvis is our player and I'd have him in my team, if he's s#it then why are L2 Leyton orient supposedly interested?

I would find it impossible to name a starting XI as things stand. For a start I doubt Phil Brown could answer your question honestly and also players that I would like to be considered haven't yet signed a contract. So maybe this is a few games too early for it to generate to much response.

And thinking about it a bit further, I didn't go to GWR so I won't have seen any players until Friday against the Spammers.

I've given my team, you give yours. This is meant to be a forum for healthy discussion. Also, Elvis is our player and I'd have him in my team, if he's s#it then why are L2 Leyton orient supposedly interested?
He's not our player as he's out of contract and not even training with us. Orient have just signed a RB so highly unlikely they'll go for Elvis now anyway plus I never said he was s***.

Not going to name my team as its far too early but out of your team prob only White, JD and Murphy will start and maybe Bridge

He's not our player as he's out of contract and not even training with us. Orient have just signed a RB so highly unlikely they'll go for Elvis now anyway plus I never said he was s***.

Not going to name my team as its far too early but out of your team prob only White, JD and Murphy will start and maybe Bridge
No worries mate I respect your opinion. But you said hopefully Elvis never plays for us again which suggests that you think we're better off without, and I disagree with that, he's probably got the biggest sell-on value of any player in our squad.

There's that bosman rule now so I know he's technically not our player, but the way I see it we'll try to keep him at the club because why wouldn't you?

No worries mate I respect your opinion. But you said hopefully Elvis never plays for us again which suggests that you think we're better off without, and I disagree with that, he's probably got the biggest sell-on value of any player in our squad.

There's that bosman rule now so I know he's technically not our player, but the way I see it we'll try to keep him at the club because why wouldn't you?
The hopefully part was for Halford but personally think it's best for all parties that Elvis moves on now and believe we only offered him a contract so we can demand a bosman fee

Alright, let it go now, I've posed a Southend-related question and would appreciate if people could answer without having a personal dig.
No Ogogo? Serious point here... he played well last night by many accounts. Could it be you're still harbouring deep seated suspicions about him?

The hopefully part was for Halford but personally think it's best for all parties that Elvis moves on now and believe we only offered him a contract so we can demand a bosman fee
That's fair, I'd like to keep hold of Halford as I feel you need someone of his experience to do well at this level.

That's fair, I'd like to keep hold of Halford as I feel you need someone of his experience to do well at this level.
I'm really struggling to understand your logic on Greg Halford. You told us earlier that you're a 40yr man, so surely you must have seen enough last season to know it would be a wasted wage? The man's legs are shot, even at National League level.

I would go with

Arnold

Demi White Hobson Clifford

Egbri Ogogo Ferguson Ralph

Murphy Akinola

based on current availabilities and fitness for Sim etc

Alternatively 4.3.3

Arnold

Demi /Howard White Hobson Clifford/Coulson

Ogogo Ferguson Ralph

Walsh / Egbri Murphy Akinilola/Ang

I'm really struggling to understand your logic on Greg Halford. You told us earlier that you're a 40yr man, so surely you must have seen enough last season to know it would be a wasted wage? The man's legs are shot, even at National League level.
I've been watching Southend for 40 years, first game was a win against Barnsley in 1980 as a 16/17 year old. Still got the programme. Ah, the nostalgia!

Halford isn't the most mobile but I think in a back three he can do a job, with other players more able to make covering runs.

I've been watching Southend for 40 years, first game was a win against Barnsley in 1980 as a 16/17 year old. Still got the programme. Ah, the nostalgia!

Halford isn't the most mobile but I think in a back three he can do a job, with other players more able to make covering runs.
I watched him have an absolutely disastrous spell at RB as a stand in, and he was exactly that, disastrous. I'm not saying he hasn't got football brain, he probably has, but instead of Demi or Howard, nah. Instead of White or Hobson? nah, instead of Clifford or Ralph? again nah. So I'm going to have to disagree with your logic there mate.

Back