• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If the league began tomorrow...

Frankly this thread terrifies me. We could be in the National South this time next year. So much work to do.

Dont worry Phils team of 8 or 9 mature and experienced players will see us straight through to instant promotion in this league, which we have been believing for years is just packed with old cloggers ( even if the stats confirm that to be a total myth )

What would be your starting XI? I know it's still early in pre-season and there are still players we don't know much about, but mine would be;

(5-3-2)

Seaden

Bwomono - Halford - Demetriou - White - Ralph

Ferguson - Bridge - Phillips

Murphy - Akinola
Jesus ?? what a line up

If the season starts tomorrow, then yeah makes sense that Seaden is in goal .... but then you've also picked 3 injured players and another out of contract

If everyone is fit, this would be mine

Arnold
Demi white Hobson Ralph
Egbri Ogogo Ferguson ANG
Murphy Akinola

If we are going by your current rules with playing tomorrow

Seaden
Demi white Hobson Clifford
Egbri Ogogo Dunn Ferguson Bridge
Rush

Is barry.c and Barryblue the same person? The constant negativity from some people on here has driven me away a bit from the site and I’m sure I’m not the only one. Yes it’s a forum to post your own views but for the last few weeks the same small minority have non stop moaned about player ages and their ex clubs etc and it is getting really really depressing!

Is barry.c and Barryblue the same person? The constant negativity from some people on here has driven me away a bit from the site and I’m sure I’m not the only one. Yes it’s a forum to post your own views but for the last few weeks the same small minority have non stop moaned about player ages and their ex clubs etc and it is getting really really depressing!
Im going to use that awful phrase "with respect "

8 of my last 10 posts have been positive, with some good humour thrown in

Maybe it is though still a fairly depressing time we are all trying to cope witch in various ways and lets not forget criticism is a very positive stimulating thing quite often and this is a forum for opinions

Sorry from me if you found some of my posts tough to take

If the league began tomorrow we'd be screwed, no goals and a extremely poor start would be my guess.

We need the out of contracted player issues sorted asap and we need several players in IMO if we actually want to be pushing for the play-offs. As it stands right now, I'd say we'd finish bottom half if not worse.

Oxley; Bwomono, Lennon, Halford, Clifford; Demi, Taylor, McCormack; Sterling, Acquah, RHF

Best of the best

Sorry to PTSD sufferers

If there was an abundance of exciting things emerging from this club I'd be happy! Ask my friends and they'll tell you I'm the most upbeat person they know. But it's tough with this club and I'm going to be honest with my opinions, even if they fall into the negative category.

Arnold
New RB NEW CB Hobson Ralph
New winger Ogogo Ferguson ANG/Egbri
Murphy New Striker

This would be my ideal lineup if we are to get top half/push for playoffs

There's always the ignore button, that tends to lighten depression quite quickly @danbowen

What would be your starting XI? I know it's still early in pre-season and there are still players we don't know much about, but mine would be;

(5-3-2)

Seaden

Bwomono - Halford - Demetriou - White - Ralph

Ferguson - Bridge - Phillips

Murphy - Akinola

That team would be a cert for relegation.

Murphy/Akinola is a front two that guarantees play-offs, and that midfield would be one of the best in the division. So a bit of an overreaction.
Not having seen Murphy play, I think best in the division may be an exaggerated claim at the moment. Certainly Simeon may be able to partner him but I'm not too sure the PB rates the guy.

Murphy/Akinola is a front two that guarantees play-offs, and that midfield would be one of the best in the division. So a bit of an overreaction.

Those two lack the height we need. The lad from QPR scored at Wakering, a goal nobody would have scored last season. We have struggled time and time again having two short players up front.

Those two lack the height we need. The lad from QPR scored at Wakering, a goal nobody would have scored last season. We have struggled time and time again having two short players up front.

According to transfermarkt, Murphy is 185cm (over 6 foot), is that considered short?

Im going to use that awful phrase "with respect "

8 of my last 10 posts have been positive, with some good humour thrown in

Maybe it is though still a fairly depressing time we are all trying to cope witch in various ways and lets not forget criticism is a very positive stimulating thing quite often and this is a forum for opinions

Sorry from me if you found some of my posts tough to take

If there was an abundance of exciting things emerging from this club I'd be happy! Ask my friends and they'll tell you I'm the most upbeat person they know. But it's tough with this club and I'm going to be honest with my opinions, even if they fall into the negative category.
I see neither have answered @danbowen when he asked if they were the same person...

Back