• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As a tribute to our iconic Seaside Holiday status and to all the B&B owners who support our club, it should obviously be called:

Sea View Stadium

I'm an traditionalist (or old fart if you prefer) so I would prefer the new football ground to be called ........ errrhhh - a football ground. :smiles:

And when you think back places like Huddersfield's ground was called Leeds Road (I can't think why :facepalm:) ........ and Leeds play at Elland Road etcetera .......

So it's quite simple really ................. you know, like it used to be in old days when working class people walked to the ground and cheered on their local team ............... rather than some middle class poofed up prawn sandwich contact less sport with "fans" spending half their time on their "smart" phones and wondering who's playing for Arsenal or Barcelona (their "second team") and admiring the last yellow football boots with the lovely blue inserts whilst hoping that their latest sat. nav. will get their new company car back home quickly by avoiding any traffic delays on their way to their new house that features flat screen T.V.s and more toilets than the West stand.

We have more footballing tradition and more good quality clubs in this country than anywhere else in the world and some people just want to **** this up against the wall. God give me strength. :sad:

I hope and pray we don't have something daft like "New York Stadium" or "Stadium of Light".
How about the New Estuary Arena? ideal as a home for our galacticos?

I'm an traditionalist (or old fart if you prefer) so I would prefer the new football ground to be called ........ errrhhh - a football ground. :smiles:

And when you think back places like Huddersfield's ground was called Leeds Road (I can't think why :facepalm:) ........ and Leeds play at Elland Road etcetera .......

So it's quite simple really ................. you know, like it used to be in old days when working class people walked to the ground and cheered on their local team ............... rather than some middle class poofed up prawn sandwich contact less sport with "fans" spending half their time on their "smart" phones and wondering who's playing for Arsenal or Barcelona (their "second team") and admiring the last yellow football boots with the lovely blue inserts whilst hoping that their latest sat. nav. will get their new company car back home quickly by avoiding any traffic delays on their way to their new house that features flat screen T.V.s and more toilets than the West stand.

We have more footballing tradition and more good quality clubs in this country than anywhere else in the world and some people just want to **** this up against the wall. God give me strength. :sad:

i like the rant but i think that's a bit long as a name for the ground
how about the Things Ain't What They Used To Be?

I am afraid that any new stadium will, almost certainly, be named after a sponsor.

However, as a nod to our 'Roots i would suggest that any sponsors name is always suffixed with HALL

Something unique that people will remember, there was a place near where I lived in Perth called Dog Swamp and I always thought that was a brilliant name. Was thinking we needed something that reflects us as a club but then thought whatever we choose is going to become synomous with us anyway. So Dog Swamp it is for me, I want to hear them say "and we have news of a goal at Dog Swamp" and "Man utd have a tough trip to Dog Swamp in the FA cup" on soccer saturday

Thuderdome. Not "The Thunderdome", not "Thunderdome Stadium/Arena". Simply.... Thunderdome

Something unique that people will remember, there was a place near where I lived in Perth called Dog Swamp and I always thought that was a brilliant name. Was thinking we needed something that reflects us as a club but then thought whatever we choose is going to become synomous with us anyway. So Dog Swamp it is for me, I want to hear them say "and we have news of a goal at Dog Swamp" and "Man utd have a tough trip to Dog Swamp in the FA cup" on soccer saturday

I wouldn't want to be a commentator saying that live on TV, I'm sure the odd mistake would come out and refer it too, we're now going live over to the dog s**t stadium :omg:

Back