• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Prosser......another season of improvement
Hurst .......bang on it at the moment creating and scoring
Atkinson. ....relentless work rate from first kick to the last. Obscene commitment

Hurst ; goals, assists, in general our talisman
White ; great captain and a very unsung hero. Rock at the back, great crosses going forward
Timlin ; for me it's no coincidence that our run has come on the back of his return

1. Coker Quality player in what for a few years has been a problem position
2 Prosser Can never be faulted for effort.
3. Atkinson Doesn't he ever tire ?

In fairness could easily make a case for several others. A prediction come the end of the season Straker will be in the frame.

If this time year ago someone had suggested that prosser AND Straker were serious contenders for player of the season they would have been laughed out of town

Leonard
Bentley
Coker

Timlin, Prosser and corr are pushing hard with recent form and Coker relying on early season form. For me though, Leonard was consistently outstanding until injury

Difficult....Leonard, Coker, Prosser, White - pick any 3 from 4. With honourable mentions to Bentley, Hurst and Timlin just outside.

So hard it really could be anyone from White, Coker, Prosser, Straker, Atkinson, Hurst, Bentley or Leonard

The fact that half the team have been mentioned in this thread shows what a great job PB has done in galvanising this bunch of players into a team that doesn't know when it's beaten. There are good reasons for all to be mentioned and probably easier to name the players not in contention.
From the tireless work BBBC does upfront with little support to the endless running of Atkinson and Bentleys performances (a little more catching than punching please though) you then add White,Prosser,Coker,Straker,Hurst to the mix and I haven't mentioned Leonard or Timlin yet ! Wait Lairds not there too damn it.
oops I've just named Eleven players in with a shout, HAPPY DAYS.
sorry Freddie but as much as I'd love to put you in the frame , I can't .

How anyone can put a top 3 together and not include Hurst is beyond me.

Top scorer at the club and second in assists in the league.

He is our stand out player by far, not to even make the top 3 now is bizarre.

1. Hurst
2. and 3. Could be 2 of about 5 players for me.

This is a tough one.

1. Hurst
2. Leonard
3. Prosser

Honourable mentions for Bentley, White, Corr, Coker & Straker

The reason I set the question was because I was struggling with it.
Glad to see many others in the same boat :smile:
As mentioned , the fact it has been a real team effort makes it so much harder.

Whoever scored in our last game, whoever played well last game and one other.

Or if you actually look at the season as a whole the answer is Ryan Leonard.

How anyone can put a top 3 together and not include Hurst is beyond me.

Top scorer at the club and second in assists in the league.

He is our stand out player by far, not to even make the top 3 now is bizarre.

1. Hurst
2. and 3. Could be 2 of about 5 players for me.

Baring the last 4 games, I thought Hurst has been decent but no where near outstanding. Leonard has been our best midfielder and that has shown clearly in the games he hasn't played in.

Bentley has the 2nd most clean sheets in the 2nd best defensive team in the league.

I'm surprised that so many have included Straker. He seems is frustratingly inconsistent and in the few games I've seen this season I haven't seen him have a decent one.

Baring the last 4 games, I thought Hurst has been decent but no where near outstanding. Leonard has been our best midfielder and that has shown clearly in the games he hasn't played in.

Bentley has the 2nd most clean sheets in the 2nd best defensive team in the league.

I'm surprised that so many have included Straker. He seems is frustratingly inconsistent and in the few games I've seen this season I haven't seen him have a decent one.

I fully understand what you mean and although a few of us have included him , most haven't , so I accept I'm in the minority.
He is frustrating and inconsistent ( but then most L2 players are I guess ).

I just think he is the only real pace we have in the side ( yes I know the stats say Leonard is ) and give us something different when we need it.
He's probably the only one that can take the ball 40-50 yards ( old school ) up field and relieve some pressure whilst still retaining the ball ( although not always in his case ).
I think that without him , we run the risk of being predictable at times and that difference he gives us is a huge benefit.

So whilst I wont convince many , I think the guy has done really well , especially when you think of the dogs abuse he was getting ( and still gets from certain sections ) every time he plays at home.

Back