• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If the season started on Boxing Day

Tony, as much as I'd like to work that one out, I can't be bothered.

biggrin.gif

The Third Division from Boxing Day to Now

1. Huddersfield 19  42  +22
2. Northampton 19  41  +20
3. Doncaster 20  39 +16
------------------------------------------
4. Torquay 20  36  +17
5. Lincoln 21  36  +14
6. Carlisle 20  33  +3
7. Southend United 19  30  +6
-------------------------------------------
8. Boston 20  30  +1
9. Hull 18  28  +14
10. Cheltenham 21  28  0
11. Mansfield 20  27  +7
12. Kidderminster 21  27  -5
13. Darlington 19  26  +3
14. Bury 19  22  -1
15. Oxford 20  22  -8
16. Leyton Orient 20  22  -9
17. Macclesfield 20  22  -10
18. Swansea 20  20  -7
19. Yeovil 19  19  -5
20. Bristol Rovers 20  19  -10
21. Cambridge 20  19  -10
22. Rochdale 20  17  -7
--------------------------------------------
23. Sc**thorpe 20  15  -8
24. York 19  13  -20

In conclusion - well done ORM - good spot.

Oh, and that's why York are my favourites for the drop!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Exiled Shrimper @ April 14 2004,11:21)]Oh, and that's why York are my favourites for the drop!
On that note, bet365's current relegation odds:

Carlisle.......8/15
York..........4/5
Rochdale....evens
Darlo..........10/3
Scunny.......4/1
12/1 bar

We're not even in the betting any more

We started the season as 5/1 for the drop so progress has been made

And we had a dodgy January. I think automatic promotion would be on the cards if the season had started 31st January. Anyone want to work that out!!!

Full marks, in addition, to Donny - they've been up there all season, and they've just kept on powering ahead.

Still, if that's the table "from Boxing Day", does this mean that Tilly should try the "Harry" Bassett tactic of hosting a Christmas party in August...?

rock.gif

Just a thought...

tounge.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Blue @ April 14 2004,12:45)]If the season started at half-time against Darlington on Monday we'd be top.
Can't be bothered to check but surely someone won by more than a single goal.  Doncaster 2-0 at Cambridge perhaps?

Think I missed the point there. Never mind. If the season had finished ont he first day of the season, I believe we would have been automatically promoted.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trust Treasurer Bloke @ April 14 2004,12:09)]And we had a dodgy January.  I think automatic promotion would be on the cards if the season had started 31st January.  Anyone want to work that out!!!
From January 30th-April 14th:

Northampton 14 32 +15
Doncaster 13 27 +13
Torquay 14 25 +11
--------------------------------
Southend United 13 25 +9
Darlington 14 24 +6
Boston 15 24 +2
Huddersfield 13 24 +9
Carlisle 14 23 +1
Cheltenham 15 22 +2
Hull 12 20 +3
Kidderminster 15 19 -5
Bury 13 18 +1
Macclesfield 14 18 -4
Lincoln 14 16 +12
Yeovil 14 16 -1
Mansfield 14 16 -8
Swansea 15 14 -6
Cambridge 14 14 -7
Oxford 15 14 -8
Sc**thorpe 15 13 -5
Rochdale 14 12 -5
Leyton Orient 14 12 -7
Bristol Rovers 14 12 -9
York 12 3 -19

Fourth with a game in hand over Torquay!
wink.gif

And yet more ammunition for York to go down!

Oh, and look who are top - Saturday's opponents!

Any other requests?....

Rob, haven't you got a youth team match to go to...

rock.gif
tounge.gif

Only kiddin' mate... as a closet statto myself, I love this sort of stuff!  Surprised that Brizzle Rovers are in the bottom two - thought they'd had a mini-revival recently.

What a bugger that we're playing the Cobblers & the Gulls in our run in.  I expect now't from our trip to Sixfields this weekend; but the Gulls are (I thought) a bit patchy away from fortress Plainmoor - maybe a point for us on the last day of the season?

Not surprised to see Poxford so low down in the form tables - part of me wouldn't be too upset to see the Cobblers win this weekend, so long as that meant that they replaced Oxford in the play-off berths.  After the Rawle business, and the posts by a total plank on rivals.net called Oxo_Man, I shall be jolly pleased to see Oxford in Div 3 next year... revenge is a dish best served cold, I understand...

cool.gif

I mean, Rawle or Constantine?  Surely that's a no-brainer...  Leon C every day of the week, and twice at 3.00 p.m. on Saturdays, IMHO...

tounge.gif

Anyhow, I'm sticking with York & Carlisle to go down... I think Lincoln will win at Brunton Park on Saturday to put a big nail in the Cumbrians' League coffin; and despite their point last night, I still think that York have left it too late to turn their season around. I also think that the only change in the top 7 will be Northampton replacing Poxford; although, as an outside bet, part of me thinks that Lincoln might just pip Huddersfield and Torquay to the last automatic promotion berth - and would any romantic deny Keith Alexander's men their promotion, after the season that City - and especially Keith himself - has had?

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 14 2004,13:57)]After the Rawle business, and the posts by a total plank on rivals.net called Oxo_Man, I shall be jolly pleased to see Oxford in Div 3 next year...
You're not wrong Matt, you're not wrong. I can't remember a decent point he made or even a point that didn't involve repeated CAPS LOCK!

What really got me about rivals was that nobcheeses like him could go on to anyone's messageboard and give a bad name for al his fans. if you then go back on to the Oxford board and display any one-upmanship, you appear as bad as he.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 14 2004,13:57)]Rob, haven't you got a youth team match to go to...

rock.gif
tounge.gif

Only kiddin' mate... as a closet statto myself, I love this sort of stuff!  Surprised that Brizzle Rovers are in the bottom two - thought they'd had a mini-revival recently.

What a bugger that we're playing the Cobblers & the Gulls in our run in.  I expect now't from our trip to Sixfields this weekend; but the Gulls are (I thought) a bit patchy away from fortress Plainmoor - maybe a point for us on the last day of the season?...

...Anyhow, I'm sticking with York & Carlisle to go down... I think Lincoln will win at Brunton Park on Saturday to put a big nail in the Cumbrians' League coffin; and despite their point last night, I still think that York have left it too late to turn their season around.  I also think that the only change in the top 7 will be Northampton replacing Poxford; although, as an outside bet, part of me thinks that Lincoln might just pip Huddersfield and Torquay to the last automatic promotion berth - and would any romantic deny Keith Alexander's men their promotion, after the season that City - and especially Keith himself - has had?

Matt
Quite right about Torquay Matt, no win in five away from Plainmoor and the last victory was at, of all places, Hull on 21st February, so that could be quite a stretch if they still haven't picked up significant points by May 8th.

As for Rovers, seven points from twelve is a decent return from the last four games - their form would be similar to York's if they hadn't of got a couple of wins, so that's put a positive reflection on matters for them.

As for who goes down, York look more and more doomed the more you look at it, even if they did pick up a point against Bury last night. Even though they have a game in hand, the match against Doncaster is a no-pointer, but what they have in their favour are games against Cheltenham, Orient and Swansea who have little or nothing to play for.

I've said all along I thought Carlisle would drag themselves out of it, and I still do, and I have a hunch that it'll be Scunny that replace them down there - possibly especially as Brian Laws has just been dramatically reinstated at Glanford Park!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Exiled Shrimper @ April 14 2004,14:10)]As for who goes down, York look more and more doomed the more you look at it, even if they did pick up a point against Bury last night. Even though they have a game in hand, the match against Doncaster is a no-pointer, but what they have in their favour are games against Cheltenham, Orient and Swansea who have little or nothing to play for.

I've said all along I thought Carlisle would drag themselves out of it, and I still do, and I have a hunch that it'll be Scunny that replace them down there - especially as Brian Laws has just been dramatically reinstated at Glanford Park!!!
wow.gif
ghostface.gif

Gordon bennett, what's all that about then?!

Hmm... Carlisle.  I really think Lincoln will pick up all 3 points at Brunton park this weekend, and I also think that Donny will show them no mercy on the last day of the season - especially if Donny are still fighting for the title.  They'll also want to end their season on a high.

So, that leaves the Cumbrians getting a maximum of 47 points this season, IMHO.  Factor in the goal difference (Carlisle -21, Scunny -1), and Scunny are only 1 point from ensuring that they don't finish bottom. Then it's a question of the battle between them and York (GD -25) or Dale (-11). Scunny's decent goal difference is, at this time of the season, effectively worth another point, so (if anything) Darlo are in more danger.

But it's still Carlisle & York to go down, IMHO.  Our win at Brunton Park is looking all the more season-defining - for them and us - by the day.

As for York... well, they've got to try to keep pace with Dale, who themselves are facing Orient this weekend (i.e. 3 points to Dale...
tounge.gif
).  Dale are by no means clear - but I think they'll do just enough; their recent 2-0 win over Carlisle looks ever more significant as the season nears its end.

I think it's between Dale, York & Carlisle for the drop - and I think Dale will squeak home, just.  I also don't think that any of those three sides will make more than 51 points, which is why we're already safe, and why Tilly will be happy to send Gower off to the surgeon in order to get his knee sorted out.

Matt

Back