• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If the Tax bill gets paid on Friday

WickfordShrimper

President
I am happy for anyone who wants invest into my beloved Southend United but hope Ron Martin stays on and finishes the Job off....

We know Ron’s not a millionaire has big ideas but with a small budget

The Recession has hit all property companies massively

If Ron Martin has managed to pull 2.1 million out of a Hat.. we need to support the Guy 110% here…

Look Forward not backwards

We know Ron’s not a millionaire has big ideas but with a small budget?

Errr having been in Ron's house albeit quite a long time ago i would refute the statement that he is not a millionaire!

If the £2.1mio is paid on Friday would there be a chance of us getting in any loans for the F.A. Cup game on Saturday (obviously assuming any potential targets were far enough down the pecking order at their own clubs that they were allowed to appear in the Cup)

If the £2.1mio is paid on Friday would there be a chance of us getting in any loans for the F.A. Cup game on Saturday (obviously assuming any potential targets were far enough down the pecking order at their own clubs that they were allowed to appear in the Cup)
i have a feeling we will have to wait till after the hearing on monday but dont quote me on that

We know Ron’s not a millionaire has big ideas but with a small budget?

Errr having been in Ron's house albeit quite a long time ago i would refute the statement that he is not a millionaire!

Didn't have occasion to use the bathroom and see what hair products were on display per chance?

If the tax bill gets paid on Friday I'm going to go out and get blind drunk to celebrate.

Actually, after this week at work I'll likely just do that regardless...

I am happy for anyone who wants invest into my beloved Southend United but hope Ron Martin stays on and finishes the Job off....

We know Ron’s not a millionaire has big ideas but with a small budget

The Recession has hit all property companies massively

If Ron Martin has managed to pull 2.1 million out of a Hat.. we need to support the Guy 110% here…

Look Forward not backwards
Don't know about bringing new players in, does Ron have enough cash left to pay the wages of the players we have now? The team really does need to be rebuilt, does Ron have enogh cash for that? Sorry, but i truly believe that we now need new blood on the board with cash to spend. UTB

Don't know about bringing new players in, does Ron have enough cash left to pay the wages of the players we have now? The team really does need to be rebuilt, does Ron have enogh cash for that? Sorry, but i truly believe that we now need new blood on the board with cash to spend. UTB
Agree with this, Ron has been great and if he can pull this off he will have worked wonders and I have great respect for him but he knows that to fund Fossets Farm we should be in the Championship and with the money he has we won't be able to do that. Ideally someone will come in and invest with Ron on board and with his ideas but someone elses cash.

I suspect that Ron has been able to unlock a chunk of cash that will steady the Good Ship Shrimper for a while - to borrow SBH's analogy, I'm hoping that he brought in enough petrol to see us safely to the shore. If the money has come from Sainsburys, they won't want to just give us a splash and risk us not getting there, they want this project rolling.

Agree with this, Ron has been great and if he can pull this off he will have worked wonders and I have great respect for him but he knows that to fund Fossets Farm we should be in the Championship and with the money he has we won't be able to do that. Ideally someone will come in and invest with Ron on board and with his ideas but someone elses cash.

Being in The Championship has no bearing with regards to the funding of Fossets Farm. The finance for the development is purely external and I would imagine coming from various sources. There are parts of the development that come on stream earlier than others and these will go part way to financing those parts that have yet to get off the ground. If you mean fund it as in pay it's way once it's been built then yes your more or less correct but I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of the money required to keep something like the new stadium going is going to come from the surrounding revenue streams and not solely rely of the stadium in itself.

We are still under the transfer embargo, and probably will be for a short period following the payment of the tax bill, so zero chance of any signings for the FA Cup game.

Let's just be content at having a club still competing on Saturday hopefully eh? :)

Back