• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Bests boot laces

President⭐⭐
When would the tickets had gone on sale, after yesterdays game was called off on Friday? Yesterday morning or today?. Either way, reckon there would have been disasters.
Had it been yesterday in those freezing temps, some fans would have probably got hyperthermia!.
Had it been today as the snow fell and settled, no doubt some people would have slipped and broken bones, or simply froze?.
Also fans who live in side roads not within walking distance of Roots hall, would have had to drive their vehicles in conditions which otherwise they probably would'nt have, risking possible shunts etc.
I am aware that thousands would have made the effort never the less.
As this will be a barren few days for new posts, lets have your comments please.

Brentford put them on sale Tuesday night after the match, I would imagine we'd have had them available Wednesday or, at worst, Thursday. I don't see that the conditions would come into it, I seem to remember we queued in the snow for one of the Spurs games and it wasn't too difficult - helped out considerably by the sensible person who got his burger van into Roots Hall car park!

When would the tickets had gone on sale, after yesterdays game was called off on Friday? Yesterday morning or today?. Either way, reckon there would have been disasters.
Had it been yesterday in those freezing temps, some fans would have probably got hyperthermia!.
Had it been today as the snow fell and settled, no doubt some people would have slipped and broken bones, or simply froze?.
Also fans who live in side roads not within walking distance of Roots hall, would have had to drive their vehicles in conditions which otherwise they probably would'nt have, risking possible shunts etc.
I am aware that thousands would have made the effort never the less.
As this will be a barren few days for new posts, lets have your comments please.

If Germany had beaten England in the second world war you would be called 'Billy Bestzeiten Schnürsenkel'

Saw a Brentford fan gloating in twitter as he had a ticket with the hash tag #onceinalifetime and so I said, been there done that, need a better challenge ;)

Saw a Brentford fan gloating in twitter as he had a ticket with the hash tag #onceinalifetime and so I said, been there done that, need a better challenge ;)

Once in a lifetime? Twice in one season for us :smile:

Off-topic, but I love the way WWII is reduced by some to a simple disagreement between just Germany & England, not even Great Britain.

Yes just like the uneducated morons who sing the sick 'No German bombers in the air' song with the line 'The RAF from England shot them down'!!!!!!

Yes just like the uneducated morons who sing the sick 'No German bombers in the air' song with the line 'The RAF from England shot them down'!!!!!!

Technically thats correct,the vast majority of RAF fighters took off from airfields in England,so there for, they came from England as opposed from Wales,Scotland or Northern Ireland in most cases,but indeed the RAF is British,sorry i don't agree with your slant on this song being sick,the *******s were bombing our homeland don't you know and that is a fact,i'm off now to get some education.

Though if you go to a Northern Ireland game it becomes "The RAF of Ulster"

Almost certainly factually incorrect either way as the most successful pilots during WWII were overseas imports, and any that were British were from the Naval Fleet Air Arm. :smile:

Well seeing as we never played Brenford this thread was pretty pointless in the first place.

Now its turned into a history of the RAF I think its run its course !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back