• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If we make the playoffs it's a clean slate and we will be on a high from achieving that last spot. Apart from the fitness of those returning from injury I see no reason why we can't complete with anyone.

You have mentioned since that you don't count our Wembley win....Can't remember exactly why?

Pie in the sky... You were sure in your previous post that I said no the season we were promoted, I just asked for evidence. You saying I've mentioned something isn't evidence, ur just making urself sound like a bent copper, desperate to find some evidence, saying your have it but then just making it up. If I said it, prove it and I'll hold my hands up that I've been a Southend supporter long enough to know we usually bottle it when we need to hold it together.

Pie in the sky... You were sure in your previous post that I said no the season we were promoted, I just asked for evidence. You saying I've mentioned something isn't evidence, ur just making urself sound like a bent copper, desperate to find some evidence, saying your have it but then just making it up. If I said it, prove it and I'll hold my hands up that I've been a Southend supporter long enough to know we usually bottle it when we need to hold it together.

To many of your posts are negative and off topic I can't be bothered to trawl through 17,000 of them to prove a point but If your accusing me of being like a bent copper? Why don't you show us all some of your post where you have said we will win in the play-offs.

You have been proud of your anti-PB stance and mention your total dislike of the manger on many occasions. So no point in denying it now :stunned:

To many of your posts are negative and off topic I can't be bothered to trawl through 17,000 of them to prove a point but If your accusing me of being like a bent copper? Why don't you show us all some of your post where you have said we will win in the play-offs.

You have been proud of your anti-PB stance and mention your total dislike of the manger on many occasions. So no point in denying it now :stunned:

I don't need to show you or prove anything to you. You are the one that has questioned me, I don't take give two hoots what you think. We have lost 4 of the last 5 games, 3 of which were easily winnable but we haven't been motivated enough to put in a winning display. Yes, as your are well aware I am not a PB fan but it is him that should motivate the team, him that should change tactics to try and win us games, him that should purchase players that can win us games. He has failed on all 3 counts. Didn't get good enough players in January to supplement what he had, tactically struggles when things aren't going his way and the last few games prove he isn't motivating the team enough.

Now thats not me being negative, that's me telling it how it is

No chance of even making the play offs and certainly if we did we wouldn't even get past the Semi's. I've got more chance of getting a **** from the pope than us getting promoted.

I don't need to show you or prove anything to you. You are the one that has questioned me, I don't take give two hoots what you think. We have lost 4 of the last 5 games, 3 of which were easily winnable but we haven't been motivated enough to put in a winning display. Yes, as your are well aware I am not a PB fan but it is him that should motivate the team, him that should change tactics to try and win us games, him that should purchase players that can win us games. He has failed on all 3 counts. Didn't get good enough players in January to supplement what he had, tactically struggles when things aren't going his way and the last few games prove he isn't motivating the team enough.

Now thats not me being negative, that's me telling it how it is

No its telling me how YOU think its is. Obviously I don 't agree with your version of how it is.

For example why were the games easily winnable. If players scuff an easy chance wide what has that got to do with motivation. Our league position says that PB has spent his budget wisely as we are above teams who have spent far more this season on wages.

No its telling me how YOU think its is. Obviously I don 't agree with your version of how it is.

For example why were the games easily winnable. Our league position says that PB has spent his budget wisely as we are above teams who have spent far more this season on wages.

Let's break this down.

For example why were the games easily winnable - We were in the play off place, playing well and the likes of MK Dons and Charlton were safe and had nothing to play for, yet they upped their game and outplayed us when we should have been the ones to up our game, we had something to play for.

If players scuff an easy chance wide what has that got to do with motivation. - Are you referencing Demetriou's scuffed chance yesterday, were you at the game? We were very poor yesterday, as we have been for 3 weeks now. We counted 5 times that 2 of our players went to head the same ball when unchallenged from a Shrews fan. What other motivation did the players need than to know a win would have given them a great chance of being in the play offs by the ends of the game. They went in at half time as second best and we all hoped they would come out a better side for the second half. They didn't, it was the same old mush we had in the first half. Pump every ball up to Ranger, even though their CB had him in his pocket, we still persisted. Bringing on 2 pacy wingers wasn't the answer as we didn't use them, we subbed Ranger for Fortune then just pumped long balls to Fortune instead of Ranger. Any neutral there yesterday would have been convinced Shrewsbury were trying to get into the play offs, not us

PB has spent his budget wisely - I give you Nouble and Hines. Panic buys that have been a total waste of time and money. If PB had spent wisely, we would have a robust squad and not, as some suggest, 11 good players and when one or two of them are injured, we aren't a promotion chasing force. Says it all I am afraid.

They are fairly solid facts but you can keep believing your version of events. Yesterday, as with MK Dons and Charlton, was an embarrassment. RM must be suitably angry that he put his hands in his pocket to give the loyal fans something back yet the players didn't read the script. Someone on here said the other day that the players were right up for the fight when they chatted at the Sponsors evening. They lied.

We always seem to play better against the better teams so who knows. All hypothetically speaking though as I think we've blown it but none of the play off pack are in particularly good form

If we beat bury, don't Millwall have to beat Bristol? A draw won't be enough for them. Also if Millwall lose we only need a point ?

If we beat bury, don't Millwall have to beat Bristol? A draw won't be enough for them. Also if Millwall lose we only need a point ?

We would finish above Millwall if they lose and we gain a point because of our superior goal difference.

However, if Rochdale win they would finish above us if we only draw.......

Let's break this down.

For example why were the games easily winnable - We were in the play off place, playing well and the likes of MK Dons and Charlton were safe and had nothing to play for, yet they upped their game and outplayed us when we should have been the ones to up our game, we had something to play for.

If players scuff an easy chance wide what has that got to do with motivation. - Are you referencing Demetriou's scuffed chance yesterday, were you at the game? We were very poor yesterday, as we have been for 3 weeks now. We counted 5 times that 2 of our players went to head the same ball when unchallenged from a Shrews fan. What other motivation did the players need than to know a win would have given them a great chance of being in the play offs by the ends of the game. They went in at half time as second best and we all hoped they would come out a better side for the second half. They didn't, it was the same old mush we had in the first half. Pump every ball up to Ranger, even though their CB had him in his pocket, we still persisted. Bringing on 2 pacy wingers wasn't the answer as we didn't use them, we subbed Ranger for Fortune then just pumped long balls to Fortune instead of Ranger. Any neutral there yesterday would have been convinced Shrewsbury were trying to get into the play offs, not us

PB has spent his budget wisely - I give you Nouble and Hines. Panic buys that have been a total waste of time and money. If PB had spent wisely, we would have a robust squad and not, as some suggest, 11 good players and when one or two of them are injured, we aren't a promotion chasing force. Says it all I am afraid.

They are fairly solid facts but you can keep believing your version of events. Yesterday, as with MK Dons and Charlton, was an embarrassment. RM must be suitably angry that he put his hands in his pocket to give the loyal fans something back yet the players didn't read the script. Someone on here said the other day that the players were right up for the fight when they chatted at the Sponsors evening. They lied.

Like I thought you can't explain it. Best you look up the word motivation as both Charlton and Shrewsbury had plenty of reason to be motivated, let alone Bolton

We had injuries but we never lost those games because of Nouble or Hines but I guess there your desperate attempts to prove we have a bad squad. What exactly do you mean by robust squad ?

Like I thought you can't explain it. Best you look up the word motivation as both Charlton and Shrewsbury had plenty of reason to be motivated, let alone Bolton

We had injuries but we never lost those games because of Nouble or Hines but I guess there your desperate attempts to prove we have a bad squad. What exactly do you mean by robust squad ?

Yes we had injuries. Apparently Brown has spent wisely according to you. I think not, as, with your own submission, we had injuries but don't have a good enough squad to cover these injuries. I rest my case.

Yes we had injuries. Apparently Brown has spent wisely according to you. I think not, as, with your own submission, we had injuries but don't have a good enough squad to cover these injuries. I rest my case.

Like any professional or even semi-pro team in the world who's budget is not in the top 10 let alone top 5 of their league we don't have the finances to cover players with like for like reserves. That is the only fact in this discussion. You seem to have great difficulty in understanding that so perhaps you should get yourself a Chelsea or Man City shirt and pay for your demands. Because your never going to be happy as a Southend fan if you can't accept, that even with anew stadium we are never going to be wealthy.

Like any professional or even semi-pro team in the world who's budget is not in the top 10 let alone top 5 of their league we don't have the finances to cover players with like for like reserves. That is the only fact in this discussion. You seem to have great difficulty in understanding that so perhaps you should get yourself a Chelsea or Man City shirt and pay for your demands. Because your never going to be happy as a Southend fan if you can't accept, that even with anew stadium we are never going to be wealthy.

Cox, Ferdinand, Ranger. We have the budget, without it we wouldn't have been able to get the aforementioned. I don't really think Demetriou was a great piece of business. Fortune was a great bit of business but he isn't getting used properly. Robinson again isn't being used properly. McGlashan is an impact sub only.

We all have to aspire to promotion but by thinking we have finished higher this season than last season so good job, then then our hopes are flawed.

I don't have great difficulty in understanding things. I understand you are a patronising piece of work and don't tell me what shirt I can or can't wear or how I can support a team.

You crack on being happy with things and I'll continue to want to strive for better

Back