• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What's next Sunday got to do with anything? The question was if we make the play offs, do you fancy Southend. The answer is Nope. Against the likes of Scunthorpe of Fleetwood we have no hope especially on the poor run of form we are on.

'No hope'. You're talking Scunthorpe and Fleetwood here, not Juventus and Real Madrid.

We'd definitely be outsiders of four with the bookmakers but we'd still have around a 15% chance.

Cox, Ferdinand, Ranger. We have the budget, without it we wouldn't have been able to get the aforementioned. I don't really think Demetriou was a great piece of business. Fortune was a great bit of business but he isn't getting used properly. Robinson again isn't being used properly. McGlashan is an impact sub only.

We all have to aspire to promotion but by thinking we have finished higher this season than last season so good job, then then our hopes are flawed.

I don't have great difficulty in understanding things. I understand you are a patronising piece of work and don't tell me what shirt I can or can't wear or how I can support a team.

You crack on being happy with things and I'll continue to want to strive for better

The hard facts are if we have a Cox or a Ferdinand on the payroll then we have to have a Nouble and Hines to stay within the total budget.

I understand that, so I can crack on with being happy. You should try it some time.....Its really not that bad.

The hard facts are if we have a Cox or a Ferdinand on the payroll then we have to have a Nouble and Hines to stay within the total budget.

I understand that, so I can crack on with being happy. You should try it some time.....Its really not that bad.

..that's with the benefit of Hines sight.

Extra season tickets sold may give us a little extra spending power but I'd rather not keeping Nouble or Hines. Both offer nothing at all.

Extra season tickets sold may give us a little extra spending power but I'd rather not keeping Nouble or Hines. Both offer nothing at all.

I'm not saying we should but we weren't exactly flush to sign who we wanted in January. Good point about the extra tickets, without doubt the Cox's and Rangers have paid their way this season.

No mangers signings are all perfect but most of ours have been more than good this season. Including picking up some out of contract players after deadline day like Anton and MAF plus Theo in the January window.

I'm not saying we should but we weren't exactly flush to sign who we wanted in January. Good point about the extra tickets, without doubt the Cox's and Rangers have paid their way this season.

No mangers signings are all perfect but most of ours have been more than good this season. Including picking up some out of contract players after deadline day like Anton and MAF plus Theo in the January window.

Think we have an extra 700 season tickets so far compared to last season. No break down though.

No chance of even making the play offs and certainly if we did we wouldn't even get past the Semi's. I've got more chance of getting a **** from the pope than us getting promoted.

'Leo', I'm going to put you down as optimistic, I think.

No chance of even making the play offs and certainly if we did we wouldn't even get past the Semi's. I've got more chance of getting a **** from the pope than us getting promoted.

Maybe you need to check out the moral mishaps trickling out of the Catholic church of late. Nothing is impossible.

Nouble and Hines aren't costing us much, I wouldn't think.

They were cover for the odd trot out, here and there. We spent a long time deciding on Hines, possibly to negotiate a wage contract we were happy to take a punt on. Hines has the talent, but seemingly a poorish attitude. Nouble has limited talent, but is now 5th or 6th on the conveyer belt, anyway. He was only ever cover for MAF and Ranger. Theo hadn't been brought into the squad at that time and Mooney was long term injury.

PB's dabbling in the transfer market has been very good, in my view. As for motivation, there's plenty of senior players in the dressing room, as well. The players know the importance of the matches. Maybe that's been half the problem.

Pressure matches affect players in different ways.

I don't think the talk of the automatic places, after the Oldham win, helped. Sometimes, like the old cliché goes, you really do have to deal with one game at the time.

That Bolton game was a huge body blow. I felt it at the time. Massive night and sometimes it's difficult to bounce back from that, easily.

Still, we have as good a chance as the other two teams on Sunday and once in the play-offs, anything can happen. It really can.

We'll make the playoffs.

Millwall are falling apart like a plastic football stadium being kicked off it's hinges - by a Millwall fan.

We'll make the playoffs.

Millwall are falling apart like a plastic football stadium being kicked off it's hinges - by a Millwall fan.

Can't see them stumbling for a 3rd game on the trot. I think our chance has gone

LOL. Magnifico! :smile:

Ha!Glad to see the Ron Atkinson school of Spanish is alive and well.This one actually works but his "technique" for speaking Spanish was always to chuck an "o" on the end of an English word.:smile:

Pedant alert.The noun object could well be feminine, in which case it would be Magnifica!:winking:

LOL .. I miss Big Ron and his fractured take on modern life!

Yep, I did Google to ensure the word was legit in Spanish, before I posted it.

I actually DO fancy us in the play offs as it happens, which is why I'm so ****ed off that we have fluffed our lines actually making them!

Back