• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Let's say that we beat Bury and Millwall lose to Bristol Rovers...

Does anyone actually fancy us in the play-offs?

We all know the importance of form going into these, it was pretty crucial when we came up only two years ago, but we are currently experiencing our worst run of form of the season.

We'd probably face Fleetwood, who we lost to at home and nearly beat away before their last minute equaliser, but I wouldn't fancy us at all in that one.

Say we beat them, we'd be underdogs against both Bradford and Scunthorpe, though we do seem to be a bit of a bogey team for Bradford.

May sound pessimistic but for me at least, anything from this point on is a bonus. Given how we started the season we have done remarkably well to even be in contention and it's been a real rollercoaster of a season with plenty of entertainment and memorable moments along the way.

Do we deserve to go up? Not at all. Do we deserve to make the play-offs? Maybe, but not on our recent form. We're now the underdogs in every aspect so let's enjoy what's left whether that is promotion via the play-offs or the end of the season at 2pm next Sunday.

We all know the importance of form going into these, it was pretty crucial when we came up only two years ago, but we are currently experiencing our worst run of form of the season.

We'd probably face Fleetwood, who we lost to at home and nearly beat away before their last minute equaliser, but I wouldn't fancy us at all in that one.

Say we beat them, we'd be underdogs against both Bradford and Scunthorpe, though we do seem to be a bit of a bogey team for Bradford.

May sound pessimistic but for me at least, anything from this point on is a bonus. Given how we started the season we have done remarkably well to even be in contention and it's been a real rollercoaster of a season with plenty of entertainment and memorable moments along the way.

Do we deserve to go up? Not at all. Do we deserve to make the play-offs? Maybe, but not on our recent form. We're now the underdogs in every aspect so let's enjoy what's left whether that is promotion via the play-offs or the end of the season at 2pm next Sunday.

We need 4 good results with players who are creaking at the seams......it's possible but highly improbable.

Anything is possible in the Play Offs, it's a true lottery. Saying that , I love the Ply offs, for the heart break it can cause, it really keeps the season alive for longer.

What you up to next Sunday ? Assuming you won't be wasting your time to watch this rubber match !?

What's next Sunday got to do with anything? The question was if we make the play offs, do you fancy Southend. The answer is Nope. Against the likes of Scunthorpe of Fleetwood we have no hope especially on the poor run of form we are on.

If you are gonna try and dig me out, at least make sure you are doing it correctly

While we're still fighting there is always hope. All the teams at the top, bar Sheffield, have had a wobble or two recently. I would never say we won't do it because I always believe we can.

Seems to me that we did a bit of a job on Scunthorpe last time we played them in February. what was it TBV sang? 'top of the league, you're having a laugh'. If we were to play them again they won't fancy it.

What's next Sunday got to do with anything? The question was if we make the play offs, do you fancy Southend. The answer is Nope. Against the likes of Scunthorpe of Fleetwood we have no hope especially on the poor run of form we are on.

If you are gonna try and dig me out, at least make sure you are doing it correctly

Your answer would always be no, it was when we won 2 years ago.

Seems to me that we did a bit of a job on Scunthorpe last time we played them in February. what was it TBV sang? 'top of the league, you're having a laugh'. If we were to play them again they won't fancy it.

When was the last time we won at Glanford Park?

Nerves mattera s mucha s form in the play-offs. Which doesn't bode too well for us.

However, if our top players are fit and up for it we can compete with anyone. After all in order to get to the final we only need to score one goal and concede none.

1983. It was at the Old Showground though, we've never beaten them at Glanford Park since they moved there in 1988.

We've only ever beaten them twice away.

Nerves mattera s mucha s form in the play-offs. Which doesn't bode too well for us.

However, if our top players are fit and up for it we can compete with anyone. After all in order to get to the final we only need to score one goal and concede none.

You may want to turn off your Spanish spell checker:winking:

30th September 1983. Scunthorpe 1 Southend 6 (but apparently not at Glanford Park)

Over thirty years ago. However we don't have to win at Glanford Park, a draw will do and we've drawn at Glanford Park as recently as 2014.

Righto, so we've fluked a win against Bury and Millwall have 'done a Southend' and squandered another chance of the PO's

Southend v Fleetwood ? We have a chance of course; but...

It all depends on which Southend turns up? The slick passing side that destroyed Bradford at home some months ago, the gutsy team that fought back to take the points v Walsall, or the clueless side that was turned over by Charlton, MK and Shrewsbury?

If the former then Fleetwood better be scared, if the latter then we may as well not bother beating Bury...

This is the joy / frustration of supporting this club, like Forrest Gump's box 'o chocolate, you never know what you're gonna get.

Of all the players who we've missed most through injury I would go for Ben Coker, he gives another element in attack, good link up play down the left and you can rely on him as a fullback. If he's back and up for it, then it's a huge plus, but probably too late now.

I reckon we'll beat Bury, and I also reckon Millwall will beat Brizzle. :sad:

Back