• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If you are 60 or over, will you still watch the Blues live next season

If you are 60 or over, will you still watch the Blues live next season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it’s worth speaking to the ticket office manager.
It’s not something I had thought off before but IMO STH”s should be able to “block” their seats for a season so that they can have them back the following season.-
That to me is the right thing to do, it’s not like we have a waiting list.
It would also be an excellent Piece of PR by the club, even if they charged an admin fee.

it’s wrong for someone to potentially loose the seat they have had for the last X years because they are not confident it’s safe to attend

What a great idea! Mind you, our club and an "excellent piece of PR" are two phrases we never see together but I live in hope.
Personally I hope to still be coming over to watch every second or third home game but truthfully I'll probably wait and see. My travel involves a plane, Stansted Airport (!) a bus and a hotel stay so I may well give it a miss this year. If I do come over I will probably go to watch Great Wakering instead - outdoors, smaller crowds, more hygienic bogs too.
As far as season card renewal is concerned again I'll wait and see - we don't even know when we may be able to go and watch let alone what price they'll be. But yes I'd like my seat "reserved" for the following season on the basis that by then we'll all have been immunised and can watch once more.
Incidentally, as well as waiting for any season card reduction / refund from last season I'm still waiting for Ryanair to refund me for the flights I had booked for the Sunderland and Shrewsbury games.

My problem is I will attend games if everyone sticks to the rules on Covid

Not getting political or the idiots who love a conspiracy theory, but I donot trust the government who give out rules and then change a week later

How can the toilets be ready at Roots Hall, filthy on any match day, even more essential now with Covid, how will stewards stop people from moving from their seat to be nearer a friend, they hardly do anything now to stop this, will tea/coffee bars be open, if so is there enough room to walk by or queue, are the staff going to be trained in the new Covid rules and handling cups/food

How will they supervisor people going in and out the ground, especially those that turn up a match kicks off
So much needs to be prepared, honestly not sure if I will buy a season ticket, maybe will try a game and if not feeling safe or believe people are ignoring the rules because they are immune, then I will skip the season, not going to risk my or families life for a game of football

Singing,chanting and even shouting out would seriously increase the danger of transmission in the stands.Issue warnings before eviction to offenders? Somehow I can’t see that going well.

I know this is aimed at the 60 plus age group but in mine (40 plus) and younger I wonder if there’s any difference. I’ll go to watch regardless of whether crowds are reduced or whether there’s away fans even if the atmosphere will be crap. Watching on ifollow just isn’t the same. Whether I’ll get tickets as a non SC holder though .. anyone’s guess. It’s all so unknown like everything else!

As i have previously mentioned elsewhere i understand that discussions are taking place next week with EFL to decide how the season will start.
I guess the first month or two will be behind closed doors until the government decides it safe to open up the stadiums and then its likely to be reduced numbers and possiblity no away fans.
I would hope that fans who buy Season Tickets would have free access to IFollow which i believe happened in the Championship all be it with a few issues with tranmissions.This would allow all supporters the chance to watch the team in the safety of their home,not ideal but better than nothing.Secondly it would give the clubs some income it this way.

Would be interested to know if others would be happy with this arrangement?

As i have previously mentioned elsewhere i understand that discussions are taking place next week with EFL to decide how the season will start.
I guess the first month or two will be behind closed doors until the government decides it safe to open up the stadiums and then its likely to be reduced numbers and possiblity no away fans.
I would hope that fans who buy Season Tickets would have free access to IFollow which i believe happened in the Championship all be it with a few issues with tranmissions.This would allow all supporters the chance to watch the team in the safety of their home,not ideal but better than nothing.Secondly it would give the clubs some income it this way.

Would be interested to know if others would be happy with this arrangement?

Yes, would be happy with that.

Why not change arrangements at the ground. Either make the North bank for the over 55's and people who will respect a stricter seating arrangements and not bundle past everyone with 3 minutes to go etc.

Or better still ask the blue voice to move to the North Bank and spread the West stand another 3 blocks to give everyone more room. Looking from the East you would still have families near the South, then have households who can sit together and then people who have to spread out.

Same in the East. Make the blue seats a stricter area for older people or those that need more space as they live or look after a vulnerable person etc.

Blacks, Greens and Far Post would be hard to police but you enter at your own risk.

Your an adult....Its your choice..... But don't go in the more restricted areas and be a disrespectful nuisance.

Trying to police the whole of RH to the set standards will be too difficult and is guaranteed to fail.

Why not change arrangements at the ground. Either make the North bank for the over 55's and people who will respect a stricter seating arrangements and not bundle past everyone with 3 minutes to go etc.

Or better still ask the blue voice to move to the North Bank and spread the West stand another 3 blocks to give everyone more room. Looking from the East you would still have families near the South, then have households who can sit together and then people who have to spread out.

Same in the East. Make the blue seats a stricter area for older people or those that need more space as they live or look after a vulnerable person etc.

Blacks, Greens and Far Post would be hard to police but you enter at your own risk.

Your an adult....Its your choice..... But don't go in the more restricted areas and be a disrespectful nuisance.

Trying to police the whole of RH to the set standards will be too difficult and is guaranteed to fail.
I take my elderly Mum, not saying that trumps anyone else but people aren't confined to their own age group in terms of visiting supporter groups. I'd only see her at Xmas otherwise :-)

Also I know so very fit and healthy ages 50+ people and lots of blooming great unhealthy aged under 50 so, age alone should not be the sole contributing factor here in making decisions

Also I know so very fit and healthy ages 50+ people and lots of blooming great unhealthy aged under 50 so, age alone should not be the sole contributing factor here in making decisions
Woah there @Tinks , of course it shouldn't, but that wasn't the target of the post. I'm over 60 and I was canvassing those of a similar age group that are still capable of cogent contribution. This was on the grounds that us greys appear to be more at risk and the age demographics at Roots Hall tend to veer towards our age group as the majority of the crowd. And like I said at the beginning this is an unashamedly ageist thread. :Winking:

I did allow i my brief first draught of a plan to allow families or people who take an elderly person to sit together

Nor am I saying people will have to produce a birth certificate to get into certain areas.....Its a guide to try and make restricted seating at RH workable....Our seats do not have enough legroom and there is not enough gangways to make it pass the guidance of every other seat.

It will mean removing seats or no more than 20/25 % capacity in the East and the South.....Having said all that with the latest set backs we may well not have any fans this side of Christmas......So well done Ron, best not to sign anyone right now and have a temporary manager.

Last edited:
Woah there @Tinks , of course it shouldn't, but that wasn't the target of the post. I'm over 60 and I was canvassing those of a similar age group that are still capable of cogent contribution. This was on the grounds that us greys appear to be more at risk and the age demographics at Roots Hall tend to veer towards our age group as the majority of the crowd. And like I said at the beginning this is an unashamedly ageist thread. :Winking:

I wasn’t challenging the post at all so apologises if you misread it as so.
Was just a note that some people of the maturer age are sometimes fitter than some of the younger people

I wasn’t challenging the post at all so apologises if you misread it as so.
Was just a note that some people of the maturer age are sometimes fitter than some of the younger people
My post was a bit of a leg pull which failed miserably by the look of things. I probably made it read too seriously. I'll try to do better next time. :Smile2:

Well if Boris has his way nobody over the age of 50 will be watching southend this side of xmas as you won’t be allowed out eh:Cry:

If that is the case then half the NHS & Carers will also be at home
No your be ok , remember those who refuse to wear masks, yet clapped for two minutes on their door steps will need you or their relatives they have visited, then blame the immigrants for not doing a good job in care homes

If that is the case then half the NHS & Carers will also be at home

I think we have a workforce of around 35 million in the U.K, (happy to be corrected on that figure though)

I’d suggest a significant percentage of that workforce falls into the over 50’s category.

If that idea of quarantining them came into force, then businesses would struggle to function, leading to mass closures and further economic ruin.

Of course what they will say, if this ever gets to the point of age limits, is that everyone will be safe going to work and travelling on public transport but walking to the shop or sitting outside at a sports venue could kill you.

Should clear things up nicely

Reactions: GBJ
Played golf today with a friend who at 49 and 2 years younger couldn't help but take the ****.
I guess I'm an awkward age.?

Back