• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If you could bring back any three players in their prime to help us out now who would they be ?

I’d have to read Roy’s book again. Think he thought he was selfish and didn’t give Roy the respect he thought he wanted
I have just been flicking through Roy's book but haven't found any reference to Richard yet (why doesn't it have an index?) but having also listened to a bit of the podcast it seems that the list of people Roy doesn't like is quite a long one.

One name not yet mentioned who would transform this team is Nicky Bailey.

Someone who would cover up a lot of the defensive weaknesses, make us more competitive in the middle of the park AND score 12 goals in a season. He was playing L2 the season before joining us,

I think we also need a change of goalkeeper. Whilst I'd prefer a Roycie, a Sammy, a Federici etc at this stage I'd even take Cameron Belford in his prime back on loan (not over those guys, but over Oxley). Belford wasn't a great keeper but he had confidence, would come for crosses, talk to his defence etc. I think he'd help change the mindset at the back.

Up front obviously Stanley is the answer but he's a once in a life time player. More realistic is to find another Barry Corr. He joined us when we were in a similar situation in the basement division struggling to field a side (and pay wages). He held the ball up and banged in 21 goals in his first season. The cut price version of him might be Freddie Ladapo, a criminally underappreciated player during his brief spell here when he joined on a free but now finds himself in the Championship.

One name not yet mentioned who would transform this team is Nicky Bailey.

Someone who would cover up a lot of the defensive weaknesses, make us more competitive in the middle of the park AND score 12 goals in a season. He was playing L2 the season before joining us,

I think we also need a change of goalkeeper. Whilst I'd prefer a Roycie, a Sammy, a Federici etc at this stage I'd even take Cameron Belford in his prime back on loan (not over those guys, but over Oxley). Belford wasn't a great keeper but he had confidence, would come for crosses, talk to his defence etc. I think he'd help change the mindset at the back.

Up front obviously Stanley is the answer but he's a once in a life time player. More realistic is to find another Barry Corr. He joined us when we were in a similar situation in the basement division struggling to field a side (and pay wages). He held the ball up and banged in 21 goals in his first season. The cut price version of him might be Freddie Ladapo, a criminally underappreciated player during his brief spell here when he joined on a free but now finds himself in the Championship.

Bailey was top quality. Remember well the game he was trying to force a move away, played and bossed the game, like it was too easy for him.

Great choice, better than Lenny IMO

Back