• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If you could bring unrivalled to sucess for the rest of your life....

Options Options Options.

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
but in return you could never watch the Blues be it in person or on the TV (Not even Virgin Media highlights) would you.

Personally I am going to be selfish and say I would rather watch the lads week in week out?

but in return you could never watch the Blues be it in person or on the TV (Not even Virgin Media highlights) would you.

Personally I am going to be selfish and say I would rather watch the lads week in week out?

i would bring great sucess to the club, although it would probably kill me inside not watching them, I have to put them club first. if it was for me we would be the most famous team in the world, millions of pounds and play at fossetts farm

If we got a big as Man Ure or Barcelona it'd be a bit hard to miss Southend on the box!

I like the way it is, the small victories over Orient and Col Ewe...the cup runs and the absolute joys of the 05/06 season.

well, the last 11 games i've been to we havent won... maybe it would be for the best!

I'd rather watch us play terrible football each week than not watch us play terrific football.

If I could never go and watch us live, I would almost certainly lose affiliation for the club and would ahve to go and watch someone else. I don't really think there is an ideological well wishing for the football club. It's much like Schrödinger's cat really.

;)

I'd rather watch us play terrible football each week than not watch us play terrific football.

If I could never go and watch us live, I would almost certainly lose affiliation for the club and would ahve to go and watch someone else. I don't really think there is an ideological well wishing for the football club. It's much like Schrödinger's cat really.

;)

I don't know what Schrodingers cat is but apart from that I agree entirely with what you said.

In a weird way I don't think I'd want us to have unrivalled success. It's the struggle that makes the victories all the more enjoyable. If you're winning all the time then what's the point?

That said I did take great pleasure in winning the Premier League 58 times out of 59 with Southend on Championship Manager 94 :)

Good words, Beefy. Man Ure could beat Barca 4-0 and think OK that's good then - as good as beating your 6 year old at chess.

We beat Col Ewe and talk about it for the next 3 years (as they would too).
You need the bad to appreciate the good.

If success at the highest level was that important, I wouldn't be supporting Southend in the first place.

If I was so willing to stop seeing my team play in a Faustian deal for success, then I'd be like most other greed driven supporters of a premiership 'big club'.

It's more than just the football for me. 45% of the reason i go every Saturday is for non-football reasons so in that respect, i would never stay away if it meant success.

What's the point if i'm not there to see it anyway?

I wouldnt do anything that would result in guaranteed success as that would completely ruin the whole point of football.

Without the hopes and aspirations to do better theres little point in going....

I'm not a religous bloke, but to me watching SUFC is a religion.

SUFC is my faith and Roots Hall is the church (soon to be Fossetts Farm)

Amen.;)

Going to southend matches has always been a big part of my life I ****ing love it, the wait through the week, the build up, the journey to the ground the speculation, the dodgy pies, the atmosphere everything about it I would be a sad sad man without watching the blues so I voted rather selfishly sod off

Back