• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If you could do/have done any Job...

I would love to be a marine biologist. I think it would be amazing!!

Anyone else?

gwen stefani's bikini line waxer
tounge.gif

Sports Journalist with the aim of ending up in Jeff Stelling's cushy number doing Soccer Saturday!

Cricket commentator on TMS.

Summer in the UK, winter in the Caribbean, SA, Oz, NZ or the subcontinent, you are paid to watch cricket and natter, and you get sent cakes by devoted listeners. Oh, and because you're on the radio, you maintain total anonymity.

Surely the best job ever invented.

Good call MtS.

As a child I wanted to be Ian Botham so that when I wasn't being one of the world's greatest ever cricketers, I'd play a bit of professional football in my spare time, and then spend the rest of the time doing the drink/drugs/women/charity work.

You have to be a proper legend to pull off the dyed blonde mullett and 'tash.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 18 2005,16:36)]Cricket commentator on TMS.

Summer in the UK, winter in the Caribbean, SA, Oz, NZ or the subcontinent, you are paid to watch cricket and natter, and you get sent cakes by devoted listeners.  Oh, and because you're on the radio, you maintain total anonymity.

I bet the money's rubbish though
tounge.gif

Personally, I'd go for being the next Tiger Woods (only problem is, he's younger than me
sad.gif
).

In terms of a real world job, and putting aside money considerations, something outdoors and constructive. Most enjoyable job I've had was probably a summer's labouring whilst a student. Fresh air, sun, exercise and you actually see a tangible result for your day's toil.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Aug. 18 2005,17:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 18 2005,16:36)]Cricket commentator on TMS.

Summer in the UK, winter in the Caribbean, SA, Oz, NZ or the subcontinent, you are paid to watch cricket and natter, and you get sent cakes by devoted listeners.  Oh, and because you're on the radio, you maintain total anonymity.

I bet the money's rubbish though  
tounge.gif

Personally, I'd go for being the next Tiger Woods (only problem is, he's younger than me  
sad.gif
).

In terms of a real world job, and putting aside money considerations, something outdoors and constructive.  Most enjoyable job I've had was probably a summer's labouring whilst a student.  Fresh air, sun, exercise and you actually see a tangible result for your day's toil.
Though I'm in about as close to my dream job as I've wanted (web designer), I think a Pro Golfer is a great shout.

As much as I love footie, I think the more sedate nature and massive wonger that comes from (what appears!) pretty little effort would do nicely!

Sounds like a crap job to you lot, but i'd love to be either a meteorologist or an oceanographer. It is still possible for me to become one!

My current job

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Maybe a rock star if I ever get a band started. Only burden is the weight of expectation for you to all but self-destruct. If you don't people get bored. It really is a savage industry!

Job...

Hmmm. I don't like work very much. Is there such a thing as a professional layabout?

I would like to earn hundreds of thousands of pounds for doing arty things like making a tent with all the girls names i've shagged painted in it.
I'd sell my works for obscene amounts of money, talk in a drawl whilst attending posh parties with champagne and a-list celebs.
It would enable me to purchase Southend United.

On a more realistic level I would like to do sound engineering full time, which in fact is bloody hard work. and...I probably wouldn't enjoy it anymore.:down:

I would like to do a job I enjoy, where my work is appreciated,
where I have 25% disposable income on top of outgoings, that's all.

I'd like to be the benign dictator of an Island republic with nice weather and not too many hurricanes.

Pathologist would be my ideal job, although my Mrs reckons I could have been a sports commentator.

Recently I decided to change and the job I really fancied was a motorcycle paramedic. Unfortunately I was 1 year too old to apply.....

In fact anything other than the job I have been doing for 27 years which I fell into after being licked out of Uni,did two crap jobs and 3 months on the dole. What a feckin waste..
sad.gif

Back