• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If you could go back in time...

Pubey

and witness an event occuring (like, be right in there in the action) then what would it be?

For me it's either being in Mission Control when Armstrong took his first step on the moon... or being in the Comparethemarket board meeting when some pill head pitched the idea of "Compare the Meerkat".

and witness an event occuring (like, be right in there in the action) then what would it be?

For me it's either being in Mission Control when Armstrong took his first step on the moon... or being in the Comparethemarket board meeting when some pill head pitched the idea of "Compare the Meerkat".

Watched the moon landing on live tv, one of the benefits of old age I guess.

Was going to suggest Hiroshima, but I have no idea to kiss my arse good bye.

the resurrection of christ and see for myself whether or not its all bollocks

The Birth of this fat ****ing bitch, so I could shove her back up her mums snatch box and bitch slap her for even considering the spawning of such a hideous vile ****.

img_3.jpg

The moment Clarkey put the ball in the Chelsea net. What a day.

Other than that, go back to the day before Jo Brand got married, and persuade her to marry Southminster Shrimper instead :)

Like Harry, I remember watching the moon landings on a grainy tv screen, and also being outside and looking up at the moon amazed that all this was going on up there. I'd have liked to experience the whole VE day thing in Britain at the end of WW2 - not as a member of the forces - the euphoria and excitement that the war was over, particularly to have been a child at that time. Or alternatively, to have been a part of the young King Henry VIII's entourage, at the time when he ascended the throne - the birth of a new golden age after years of austerity and frugality.

Like Harry, I remember watching the moon landings on a grainy tv screen, and also being outside and looking up at the moon amazed that all this was going on up there. I'd have liked to experience the whole VE day thing in Britain at the end of WW2 - not as a member of the forces - the euphoria and excitement that the war was over, particularly to have been a child at that time. Or alternatively, to have been a part of the young King Henry VIII's entourage, at the time when he ascended the throne - the birth of a new golden age after years of austerity and frugality.

You'll have to ask Crickos son what it was like Kay ;)

To find a small Austrian street painter (in about 1913 i think )and say , actually Adolf those paintings arnt bad , forgot those silly political ideas you have , get him smashed on abshinte and send him to Paris for 10 years to join the bohemian set .

Its very personal, but I would go back to the day in 1956 when the Olympic selectors were picking the Cycling track team and get them to wait for a day.

Then they would have seen the bloke they selected get convincingly beaten by his rival for the spot and my Dad would have got to go.

I'd like to have been behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in 1963, to see who was really there. I'd also like to have been outside Mary Kelly's house to see who came out after chopping her face off in 1888. Obviously, I'd like to be somewhere reasonably safe in both instances so I didn't get the side of my head blown off or my intestines thrown over my shoulder.

Stood next to a certain goal perhaps ??
yeah!.. Mind you the giant wooden rattles and stench of woodbines could be wearing.. Never mind getting a cuff round the head every three minutes for swearing!

yeah!.. Mind you the giant wooden rattles and stench of woodbines could be wearing.. Never mind getting a cuff round the head every three minutes for swearing!

Indeed .. of course nowadays you could yell back "**** off copper i aint done nothing you mug" with no fear of retribution :unsure:

To find a small Austrian street painter (in about 1913 i think )and say , actually Adolf those paintings arnt bad , forgot those silly political ideas you have , get him smashed on abshinte and send him to Paris for 10 years to join the bohemian set .

I am not sure that absinthe would make the heart grow fonder.

Back