• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Used to love the old Highbury stadium and Villa Park,

modern stadia to suit us, in terms of design and size I would go for the KC Stadium, or Liberty Stadium.

If only !

Won't quote any of those I've worked on, as they were largely cost-led so-called 'souless bowl' or 'identikit' stadiums, so I'd probably go for the Stade Louis II - home to AS Monaco. Preferably minus the running track, but suffice to say, it is an architecutral hotch potch of the highest standard, and I simply love the fact it makes no sense whatsoever.

Won't quote any of those I've worked on, as they were largely cost-led so-called 'souless bowl' or 'identikit' stadiums, so I'd probably go for the Stade Louis II - home to AS Monaco. Preferably minus the running track, but suffice to say, it is an architecutral hotch potch of the highest standard, and I simply love the fact it makes no sense whatsoever.

which of the identikits are you a fan of? how can you maximise the experience for a regular fan but still fit the identikit model?

There's plenty of nice new grounds around these days. Like others I think Rotherham have done well by retaining a central location and building something that's completely enclosed and not so big they can't generate some atmosphere. Sooner have a Rushden type stadium they can pack out rather than a MK Dons type stadium that runs 75% empty. And certainly not an Oxford type stadium with only three stands - anywhere we go that isn't surrounded on 4 sides feels weird.

which of the identikits are you a fan of? how can you maximise the experience for a regular fan but still fit the identikit model?
In terms of identikit full stadium developments, I worked on Colchester, Doncaster and Coventry City.
In terms of value for money, Doncaster's Keepmoat Stadium was delivered on a comparatively meagre budget - admittedly isn't a Picasso from the outside, but internally, the bowl is compact with a low roofline, and relatively close to the pitch, and one can generate an excellent atmosphere without too much hassle.

In terms of identikit full stadium developments, I worked on Colchester, Doncaster and Coventry City.
In terms of value for money, Doncaster's Keepmoat Stadium was delivered on a comparatively meagre budget - admittedly isn't a Picasso from the outside, but internally, the bowl is compact with a low roofline, and relatively close to the pitch, and one can generate an excellent atmosphere without too much hassle.

thanks. i've enjoyed the last couple of games at donny, including the 5-1 thrashing. It does feel pretty close to the pitch

If only you had set col U's to self destruct. May have improved the place.

Back on thread. I'm looking foward to visiting bolton s place. Looks very good.

If only you had set col U's to self destruct. May have improved the place.

Back on thread. I'm looking foward to visiting bolton s place. Looks very good.

Looks like they don't need our help.

The Amex (but without the access farce), Hull's ground (but would look better in blue) or Rotherham's (but without the town).

But, we ain't going anywhere. After visiting the nice but un-homely' Olympic Stadium on Tuesday, I like my peeling paint, wooden main stand, barrel roofs and a clock that's stuck on 3. Roots 4 ever.

Wigan's ground is also good, does the job and would be ideal especially if the home end, behind the goal, had the seats removed.

Roots Hall.

It's our home.

It has been since I started supporting in 1958 and I love it.

Pitch looked good, has it lost another couple of feet down each flank?
My seat in East is still cramped for my legs, the bar, toilets, food and exit ways are still 3rd rate.

For a ground that is, realtively, not very old, Roots Hall has been shamefully left to decay by succssive regimes - always for the same reason...impending proposals to move to a new stadium. It hasn't ever materialised, and under Ron, never will, so there must come a point where the Club have to spend some money on some urgent maintenance works.

I guarantee you that we will start seeing enforced capacity reductions without action.

For a ground that is, relatively, not very old, Roots Hall has been shamefully left to decay by succssive regimes - always for the same reason...impending proposals to move to a new stadium. It hasn't ever materialised, and under Ron, never will, so there must come a point where the Club have to spend some money on some urgent maintenance works.

I guarantee you that we will start seeing enforced capacity reductions without action.

Newest stadium in the Football League from the mid 1950s to the mid 1980s!

Back