• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
How would you split it between GKs, defence, midfield and attack?

How much would you leave spare in case of injuries, to strengthen the squad, to be able to renegotiate contracts mid-season?

How many players would you have in each position?

How much would you spend on your stars?

I think I'd go something along the lines of (left and right-sided could be either way):

GK1 1
GK2 0.6
2 x GK £1.6k

RB 1
LB 1.2
CD 1.5
CD 1.2
CD 0.8
Utility defender 1
Young defender 0.6
7 x def £7.3k

CM 1.7
CM 1.5
CM 1
Utility midfielder 1
RM 1.5
LM 1.1
W 1
7 x def £8.8k

CF 1.7
CF 1.5
CF 1
Young CF 0.6
4 x att £4.8k

Contingency fund £2.5k

How would yours differ? If you want a bigger squad where do you make the savings?

Probably another defender in place of an attacker. Easier to move a midfielder or youth up front whereas defenders need bedding in usually. A spare LB is a must.

I would spend as little as possible on players and buy myself a Ronicopter. When I can't afford to make the repayments I will sell all the assets and if need be stop paying any players who were still there.

If the team fails I will blame the manager and disappear behind anyone else who is silly enough to take the front figure while I pretend to work on other business which I will also pretend to be the club's saving grace.

How would you split it between GKs, defence, midfield and attack?

How much would you leave spare in case of injuries, to strengthen the squad, to be able to renegotiate contracts mid-season?

How many players would you have in each position?

How much would you spend on your stars?

I think I'd go something along the lines of (left and right-sided could be either way):

GK1 1
GK2 0.6
2 x GK £1.6k

RB 1
LB 1.2
CD 1.5
CD 1.2
CD 0.8
Utility defender 1
Young defender 0.6
7 x def £7.3k

CM 1.7
CM 1.5
CM 1
Utility midfielder 1
RM 1.5
LM 1.1
W 1
7 x def £8.8k

CF 1.7
CF 1.5
CF 1
Young CF 0.6
4 x att £4.8k

Contingency fund £2.5k

How would yours differ? If you want a bigger squad where do you make the savings?

7 Defensive midfielders?

I'd employ 8 Blair Sturrocks to run into space and freeze when through on goal (if they all went up to attack a corner, it would be like a game of musical statues - that would freak the opposition defence out enough for my hungry young pacey experienced rough diamond striker to pounce). - 4k

A hungry, pacey young premiership striker. Not Cawley Woodrow, he's had his chance. £0.6k
A hungry young pacey rough diamond from the conference - must be sourced locally. £0.6k
A hungry young pacey winger who takes players on. £0.8k
A hungry young pacey manager - must have local ties and have extensive knowledge of all the unearthed rough diamonds in the local vicinity. £1.2k
A hungry young experienced pacey centre half whose never had an injury before in his life, spent his entire career playing at a higher level, but is happy to come down to league two with his considerable talent. £0.8k
Absolutely no journeymen. Too predictable, no hunger and frightened.
No has been 50+ year old managers, they have no hunger. Sorry José, you're stuck with Chelsea.
A hungry young pacey box to box midfielder who wins his tackles, scores goals. £1.2k
A hungry young pacey full back who attacks, defends and sets up my hungry young pacey striker (who is amazing in the air). £0.8k
A young, experienced, tall goalkeeper, who has all the benefits of youth, but the head of a veteran, vocal, shot stopper, local. Absolutely no mistakes, irrespective of defensive cover or will be torn to shreds and have his development called into doubt on local forum. Also must be hungry. £1.2k

Talent not an issue, as long as they are hungry, young, pacey, local and work hard. Did I mention hungry?

Also, all these players must be a product of our own youth policy.

The remaining 13.8k per week I'd spend on funding my bacon and cream cheese toastie addiction. Having the squad see me eat one of these every six and a half minutes whilst being systematically starved themselves, should ensure hunger levels remain.

Once any of my players reach the heady age of 22, they will be sold on as no longer classed as young, therefore lose all key attributes. Hunger.

Let me just start a Football Manager season and I'll get back to you in a few days :winking:

7 Defensive midfielders?

I'd employ 8 Blair Sturrocks to run into space and freeze when through on goal (if they all went up to attack a corner, it would be like a game of musical statues - that would freak the opposition defence out enough for my hungry young pacey experienced rough diamond striker to pounce). - 4k

A hungry, pacey young premiership striker. Not Cawley Woodrow, he's had his chance. £0.6k
A hungry young pacey rough diamond from the conference - must be sourced locally. £0.6k
A hungry young pacey manager - must have local ties and have extensive knowledge of all the unearthed rough diamonds in the local vicinity. £1.2k
A hungry young experienced pacey centre half whose never had an injury before in his life, spent his entire career playing at a higher level, but is happy to come down to league two with his considerable talent. £0.8k
No has been 50+ year old managers, they have no hunger. Sorry José, you're stuck with Chelsea.
A hungry young pacey box to box midfielder who wins his tackles, scores goals. £1.2k
A hungry young pacey full back who attacks, defends and sets up my hungry young pacey striker (who is amazing in the air). £0.8k
A young, experienced, tall goalkeeper, who has all the benefits of youth, but the head of a veteran, vocal, shot stopper, local. Absolutely no mistakes, irrespective of defensive cover or will be torn to shreds and have his development called into doubt on local forum. Also must be hungry. £1.2k

Talent not an issue, as long as they are hungry, young, pacey, local and work hard. Did I mention hungry?

The remaining 13.8k per week I'd spend on funding my bacon and cream cheese toastie addiction. Having the squad see me eat one of these every six and a half minutes whilst being systematically starved themselves, should ensure hunger levels remain.

Once any of my players reach the heady age of 22, they will be sold on as no longer classed as young, therefore lose all key attributes. Hunger.

This has made me hungry, time for a bacon sarnie

7 Defensive midfielders?

thank you blue wes - brilliant, made i laugh:hilarious: now lunch time

7 Defensive midfielders?

Blue Wes, take a bow :Worthy:

7 Defensive midfielders?

Brilliant,
Still giggling :smile:

7 Defensive midfielders?

Randomly thought of this today.

Throwback to my favourite ever Shrimperzone post!

All this talk of hungry players,

I'd get this guy in goal (Wayne Shaw) cheap to keep - would play for pies, and he'd almost fill the goal so not much would get past him!!

c9I-YJz3.jpg

If I had a wage budget of £25K p/w I'd be living the high life and waving at you suckas from my private yacht.

I'd sign Paul Konchesky and Jamie O'Hara to play Semi Pro football for ***** and giggles whilst convincing myself that I'll be playing League 2 football in no time at all.

25k a week would give you an annual of 1.3m
Considering our wages were double that in the years we failed to get out of league two , however you spend it it will end in tears

25k a week would give you an annual of 1.3m
Considering our wages were double that in the years we failed to get out of league two , however you spend it it will end in tears

No they weren't. The players wage bill for 2014/15 was £1.4m. Highest wage £1.5k per week.

For what it is worth Bolton spent £6.2m last season.

Back